Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Probably, possibly, and most likely

Default Probably, possibly, and most likely

You won't be seeing much more of me. I've been on this forum for almost seven years now, and I think it's time to leave. Thanks for the time wasting, unproductive **** that some of you guys gave during that time, and for the people that I've met and gotten to know.

The reason behind me leaving is more personal than not so I won't exactly say, but it has little to do with the whole "new members are ****, cya" thing, though that is a small part of it.

I realize I'm currently one of the three Guide Moderators, but there's still Tesiqurasa and Clockwork so I'm not particularly concerned about that.

I think the primary reason HSForums has lost its appeal to me is that the community has evolved to a point where I feel like an "old" person. Between chat thread (which is entirely spam now, but wasn't always), the acceptance of 100% trolls who only post trolling posts (bulmabriefs + kaglover), and the large number of dogmatic atheists who don't seem to realize that disbelieving God requires just as much faith as the opposite, I've come to realize that, overall, Hidden Street Forums has become a place unhealthy to both my mental health and my behaviour offline. I might drop by to see what's going on with the Bellocan guild once in a while (probably more often at first and dwindling off), and might stop by the chat thread to see what kind of ***gotry bulmabriefs/kaglover is posting, but most people probably won't see me on the website literally 8 hours a day like I used to.

It's going to be hard for me to leave the forum entirely tbh, since hitting "H" on Chrome automatically fills in "hidden-street.net/forum" for me, and it's pretty much an automatic window I open up when I get on the interwebs, but I'm sure I'll grow out of it. Eventually.

I apologize if this comes off as pretentious, but I wanted to have a formal "not going to see you later" rather than subtly leaving a message on the chatbox and disappearing. I'm going to still internets as hard as I regularly do, in the most probably case, but it won't be on HS.

If you're someone I know relatively well and don't completely hate (the opposite of this would be Wyatt and D/Xaft), then feel free to add me on Steam (though I'm not on often), and I'm pretty sure I have most of the non-retard people on Facebook anyway (minus FailFTW who has a gripe against it). If I don't have you, then you can feel free to ask for my Steam/Facebook from someone like ithrow4luk who is ****ing weird and fetishes me for some reason.

Anyway, tl;dr - it's been a cool 6.5 years Hidden Street, but I'm going to leave the forum. I go to join KittySamurai and PhoenixRider amongst the historical annals of Hidden-Street.

If you'll excuse me, I'm going to press the "Log Out" button for the first time in over three years.

PEACE OUT
    -the true box

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I will miss samlee, there will not be a world without samlee
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Sad.

I made a thread 2 or 3 years ago asking people if the thread was at its turning point, but you all denied it.

Spoiler!

Anyways, it's unfortunate to see another regular leave. I hope I'm not the last remaining dude.

First PR and this. Times change. Good luck on your endeavors.
    I'm Retired.

So long Email. The forum won't be the same. Keep in touch.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

samlee .
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Know that i will always hate you for correcting my grammar in the thief section 3.5 years ago.

Also, if i dont hear your voice at least once a month I'm going to go crazy

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    "I'm Canadiehn, and I'm not aboot to change! If you have a problem, sowrry about that eh?"
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 5th April 2012 at 12:09 PM.

Spoiler!

-"I salute thee, thou shall be missed."
    Last edited by Wyatt; 5th April 2012 at 12:45 PM.

I am going to have to agree that this forum is slowly taking a turn into the **** covered fan. With a dwindling community and very few new people, if any, this forum is slowly dying into a couple of people just trolling for no reason or at anyone in particular.

To be honest, the entire internet has been going to **** in some way or another.

nearly everyone now is on steam or facebook and that kinda lapses the aim of the forum.

since it is nearly impossible to get rid of me because HS is one of the tabs that auto opens when I start chrome, I won't stop coming here. You should have noticed that I already started to yield on the number of posts I make.

if HS continues to dwindle, you can expect me virtually gone in the next 3 months
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

That's lame, and you should feel lame.

Let's see, you mentioned me and kaglover, about three or four times, so I feel obliged to say something about this. One, just because you don't understand the way I think doesn't mean automatically I'm a troll (probably am too, but this is a different story). The things I care about I have a strange way of defending, and firmly believe in them that no matter what anyone says, until either someone has a really good point, or I get bored with it and change my mind.

My point? I don't care what other people think unless I care about them personally. But look at you, being all mopey and depressive because of what I, kaglover, or some random noobs do on this forum. Pffft, if you're gonna leave, it should be because you truly have important things to do, and are too busy or some nonsense. Not because of some of the various garbage certain people say on a regular basis. The emailbox I know would never be so weak-hearted as to let some really stupid people get them down to this point. If you want the forum to grow, stop blaming other people (you can always blame me though, I don't mind), and round up some noobs.

(We'll miss you if you do go)