Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Massive Lag just in Towns
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Massive Lag just in Towns

Default Massive Lag just in Towns

Since the Big Bang update I have been experiencing really bad lag in towns and just towns. It can take me 5-10 minutes to talk to an NPC to get a quest or turn one in. It takes me even longer to get out of towns through the portals. I've deleted the game then reinstalled it but I'm not sure whatelse to do.

It's only through towns, its making it impossible to enjoy the game because if I have to go into towns for quests or to get from one town to another (like Kerning to NLC) it takes me forever trying. Other parts of the game always lag but generally there are fine. Its always in towns. The lag gets so bad I can't move the arrow to sign off and sometimes if it gets really bad I have to hit control alt delete just to shut the computer down.

I'm not sure what kind of solutions you might have for me but I'm open to whatever you can find.
    I'm sure I'll be told to get a new graphic card or something like that but unfortunaly I can't.

I've tried looking for an driver update to my graphics card but there isn't one.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Motherboard model and BIOS version: Unsure about Motherboard, Default System BIOS
    Processor model: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.70ghz
    Amount of RAM and type of RAM if known: 384MB
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
    Graphics card model: RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/joker_smile/icons/obies2.jpg
    • Goals:
    • [ ] Get the guild more active!
    • [ ] Dojo Blue Belt
    • [ ] Get To Lvl 150
    • [X] Get New Laptop

*RWARS* I MISS YOU WAREZ, IZZY, DAN, NANI & RAINE & TARA! <3

Ya same here, massive lag in towns after BB. Sorry I can't help you but i switched to a different computer.

You have to upgrade a new computer. My old laptop isn't capable of running Maple if barely.
    I'm Retired.

Oh yea you can try installing Game Booster. If that does not fix up the lag consider using a different computer like thart said

Quote Originally Posted by jokersheart View Post
    Since the Big Bang update I have been experiencing really bad lag in towns and just towns. It can take me 5-10 minutes to talk to an NPC to get a quest or turn one in. It takes me even longer to get out of towns through the portals. I've deleted the game then reinstalled it but I'm not sure whatelse to do.

It's only through towns, its making it impossible to enjoy the game because if I have to go into towns for quests or to get from one town to another (like Kerning to NLC) it takes me forever trying. Other parts of the game always lag but generally there are fine. Its always in towns. The lag gets so bad I can't move the arrow to sign off and sometimes if it gets really bad I have to hit control alt delete just to shut the computer down.

I'm not sure what kind of solutions you might have for me but I'm open to whatever you can find.
    I'm sure I'll be told to get a new graphic card or something like that but unfortunaly I can't.

I've tried looking for an driver update to my graphics card but there isn't one.

Operating System: Windows XP Home Edition
    Motherboard model and BIOS version: Unsure about Motherboard, Default System BIOS
    Processor model: Intel Pentium 4 CPU 1.70ghz
    Amount of RAM and type of RAM if known: 384MB
    DirectX Version: DirectX 9.0c
    Graphics card model: RAGE 128 PRO Ultra GL AGP
    More RAM and a better CPU stat.

That computer barely has enough RAM to watch youtube on up-to-date browsers.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

You definitely need more RAM.

And kag, game booster does jack squat. It's nothing more than a gimmick.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

How long have you had that laptop? The last I've heard them being sold with 512mb or less of ram was probably five years ago.

well unfortunately upping my ram or getting a different computer isn't an option so I guess I just deal with the lag.

@Rook, if you're talking to me, its a PC not a laptop.

I guess I'll just take my chances with what I have. I wanted to make sure it was me and not the game that was actually messed up. thanks for the help
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v72/joker_smile/icons/obies2.jpg
    • Goals:
    • [ ] Get the guild more active!
    • [ ] Dojo Blue Belt
    • [ ] Get To Lvl 150
    • [X] Get New Laptop

*RWARS* I MISS YOU WAREZ, IZZY, DAN, NANI & RAINE & TARA! <3

Quote Originally Posted by jokersheart View Post
    well unfortunately upping my ram or getting a different computer isn't an option so I guess I just deal with the lag.

@Rook, if you're talking to me, its a PC not a laptop.

I guess I'll just take my chances with what I have. I wanted to make sure it was me and not the game that was actually messed up. thanks for the help
    A desktop? Then try finding RAM that's compatible with your motherboard and plug some in.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

RAM is very cheap. Definitely upgrade your RAM if you don't plan on getting a new computer, which you should also consider, seeing your computer's specs are that of a 10+ year old machine.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100