Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Keylogger ugh.....

Default Keylogger ugh.....

Long story, short, had friends over for a tourney. Everyone was on my computer. They went to 4chan :/ and ****. I scanned computer right after just to be sure nothing was wrong. I go to tourney come back and my Steam account won't log in. Apparently someone changed email and password, trying to regain by emailing support at steam. Tell Pyro, he says teh keylogger. Posting HjT file maybe it's there idk. I've never had this problem before. Also how to get rid of it? Do I have to reformat? If I move files into a external hard drive will the keylogger be in there also?

Spoiler!

That really sucks, the only thing I'd suggest IS reformatting. and Re-installing everything you lost that you need. I am not a PC "Genius" but if I am not mistaken, the keylogger has taken over your steam game and the Keylogger has access to the program itself. Regardless of what Computer you run it on.

Keylogger's don't do that Synn, they just record all keystrokes and send them to the user, and also send the keystrokes back out to the game or whatever program was supposed to get it, so it seems as if it's not there. You can get rid of a keylogger but I have no experience in getting rid of them really, I had one on my old PC and just got used to it, finding ways around it.
    Gone with the wind

P.S. You can try Ad-Aware SE for now, supposedly it's good at getting rid of keyloggers. Toss in Spybot S&D as well, as it should help. Run MalwareBytes just in case.
    Gone with the wind

You can get around a keylogger by typing in a random string of letters/numbers and copy/pasting:
    ie;
    Username = Username
    Password = password2

Type in (into a word processor or something):
    ABCDEFGHIJKLMOPQRSTUVWXYZ
    abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz

Copy out letters and paste them manually using the mouse.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Great forum for getting rid of viruses.

Although it's extremely active and replying to your topic may take a few days, maybe more, following the steps they tell you to go through before making a topic might even get rid of the keylogger itself. If not, go ahead with whatever they say to do.

note- they use OTList as an alternative to HijackThis!, as HijackThis! might not be able to detect or pick up more recent keyloggers/trojans/viruses.
    Hello azn4anime! It appears that you have not posted in our forum in several weeks, why not take a few moments to ask a question in our various boards, help answer your fellow Maplers' questions with your knowledge, or just engage in a conversation with another member in any one of our boards?

I have just been using my keyboard as usual. :/

Thank you, a4a. Probably gonna check that site out after Miyuji (from MMOG forums) takes a look at my logs. Maybe it isn't a keylogger and i'm just being paranoid. Better safe than sorry.

Banned

miyuki *

Log looks fine, but then again, I just skimmed through it.

If that's not it, you better check who you gave your Steam account information to, or if you've used the same pword anywhere else. :|
    Gone with the wind

wishing to be back in London, UK! but stuck in NJ

O4 - HKLM\..\Run: [Monitor] C:\Windows\PixArt\PAC207\Monitor.exe

Browser hijacker
    I've been seeing this one a lot lately - you still didn't get rid of it from your last scan!!!

O18 - Protocol: grooveLocalGWS - {88FED34C-F0CA-4636-A375-3CB6248B04CD} - C:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12\GrooveSystemServices.dll

I suspect this is the hijacker, especially if you never use Groove Systems.
    Though you may have used it for your LAN party?
    lv15x Bishop - Scania GMS