Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Maple on a browser

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfKOTOKO View Post
    Runes of Magic is browser-based, I imagine Maple would work off the same principles :/
    That's your problem. It was probably built off of a Java engine, kind of like Minecraft. That allows it to easily be streamable. A large game like MapleStory, however, wouldn't work. If you could play MS in your browser, then you could play it on any OS, period.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    That's your problem. It was probably built off of a Java engine, kind of like Minecraft. That allows it to easily be streamable. A large game like MapleStory, however, wouldn't work. If you could play MS in your browser, then you could play it on any OS, period.
    Nope. Originally a client-based game that was like 10gb-ish in size before the transition to browser :/
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss

Nexon won't help take the pressure off of your RAM if you decide you want MS to be a browser game. They probably won't care about a small handful of people that really stopped and said "I want MapleStory to run off my Firefox."
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

[21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I'm still not sure why exactly this is a discussion
    It very likely could be done. That's not really what's being asked though.
    This is not legitimate since it supposedly bypasses Nexon's security measures. Is there a chance that this is harmless and done solely to benefit players? Yes. Is there a *better* chance that this is a scam? Yes.

Like I said before, when in doubt, just don't trust things like this. It's not difficult

Spoiler!