Thread: Returning player, seeking help.

Default Returning player, seeking help.

I've started playing Maple again, after leaving it just after the KoC came out I think a couple of summers ago.
    Now I've made a new mage that has reached level 30 (A lot faster than I remember it would be) and I was planning to go either Cleric or F/P.
    The thing is, I know how these class worked years ago, and have no idea about how proficient they are in killing stuff now, nor how the builds fare when compared to eachother.

My main question is: Is being a F/P an idea as good as it was three years ago, or should I take another path? (Considering I already have a level 9x I/L)
    If the answer is "Yes, go F/P", what's an advisable build? Thanks for your attention.

PS: I have stopped my LUK at 33, no idea what the new trend for LowLUKs is.

---------- Post added at 07:54 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:40 PM ----------

Oh, one thing I seem to see a lot is the mention of %INT a lot. Is that a new Equip type? How much do I need it, and how much does it cost?

Beginner

I see that no one posted and I'm not sure if this is too old for a response but here is what I know. I stopped LUK on my BaM at 50 and wish now that I had stopped at 40. It's really easy to get LUK equips especially during events. My BaM is totally unfunded too. If you have funding then stay where you are at.

"% stat" refers to the potential system. Generally you want to get a high main stat potential on equips. You might want to Google the Potential system since it's quite complicated. But basically there are potential scrolls that drop that enable the potential on an equip. Or you can get already enabled potential stuff in Monster Carnival. Then you buy a magnifying glass from a potion seller NPC which will reveal the potential stats on that item. If you don't like the stats you can throw it out, disassemble it for crystals or spend nx to cube new potential stats.
    I don't know anything about the F/P mage but my kids tell me it's quite good. I'd Google a build. Southperry seems reliable for good guides. Hope this helps a bit. If you already found out about it then-oops. :)