Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Game Recommendations

Have you ever played fallout?
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

Quote Originally Posted by Bishopz View Post
    Have you ever played fallout?
    He kicked Skyrim. I'm not sure he'll like that.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

I've not played Fallout, but I agree with Omar on that. Doesn't seem like my type, from what my addicted friends tell me.

I also tried Skyrim again the other day. I started again and then got bored by the time I got to Whiterune (I think that's what it's called) and gave up again.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I can imagine. Personally, I think the Elder Scrolls thing works best as an offline game. That is, it's okay for you to walk around being a hero/ goofing off. But having to contend with 1500 players on deciding to pick mushrooms? No thanks.

Play Daggerfall/Morrowind/Oblivion first.

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    I've not played Fallout, but I agree with Omar on that. Doesn't seem like my type, from what my addicted friends tell me.

I also tried Skyrim again the other day. I started again and then got bored by the time I got to Whiterun (I think that's what it's called) and gave up again.
    So you're telling me you managed to explore everything in Skyrim, and then get ot Whiterun and get bored?
    No, I don't think you're telling me that.
    Which is the problem. Skyrim isn't the "best main story / campaign" game on the market. It's the ability to do whatever you want, and do cool stuff. I have a Wood Elf that I take to Solitude to snipe birds out of the sky, then throw at the townspeople. How much of the "main story" did I complete here? And how much fun was it?

The main "goal" in Skyrim is to have fun doing whatever it is you want. Maybe you fancy beating the story, that I don't know. What I do know, is that you need to give the "open-world" experience a chance. Step away from the story, and then see just how you like the game.

I found Skyrim pretty boring. I ended up just godmoding and spamming thu'ums for super fast travelling. If you like sand-boxy kind of RPGs like fallout then you'll like it, otherwise probably not.

As far as MMOs go, I've also only played Eden and Maple which are both really great, eden is mostly only if you've got dedicated buddies to go on dungeon runs. Otherwise it's boring. I used to play Cabal but I have no clue what's happened to that game now. It used to be pretty awesome though.

You could give Tera online a shot, it seems good, but P2P. Blade and Soul too, though I'm not sure when the non-korean beta is released. GW2 is a popular suggestion too.

For single player RPGs, since you've cleared portal, I would suggest Trine 2, similar puzzle game, I thoroughly enjoyed it overall. And you can choose to play MP too. You can also try out Dragon Age if you haven't already (though not my cup of tea). Still my all-time favourite single player RPG is by far The Witcher 2.

Well, if I ever get the urge to open up my Skyrim again, I'll take your advice, Wyatt. Still though, that seems more like something you'd muck around with a friend next to you for a half hour before you both get bored.

I looked up Tera Online and Blade and Soul, and the latter catches my interest. I'll look around every now and then to see when/if it becomes available in English. I'm not the biggest single player RPG fan, but I might try Dragon Age some time since my friend has been egging me to do so for about 15 months.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    So you're telling me you managed to explore everything in Skyrim, and then get ot Whiterun and get bored?
    No, I don't think you're telling me that.
    Which is the problem. Skyrim isn't the "best main story / campaign" game on the market. It's the ability to do whatever you want, and do cool stuff. I have a Wood Elf that I take to Solitude to snipe birds out of the sky, then throw at the townspeople. How much of the "main story" did I complete here? And how much fun was it?

The main "goal" in Skyrim is to have fun doing whatever it is you want. Maybe you fancy beating the story, that I don't know. What I do know, is that you need to give the "open-world" experience a chance. Step away from the story, and then see just how you like the game.

>everyone likes the same games

lol ok

bolt202/veil225/feint200

When people tell me what they were doing in Skyrim that got them so bored of it all I hear is they're doing it wrong. Although I'm agreeing with Email here. Not everyone will like the same game so it's not a big deal. Can't trust MintPanda's sense of taste though after calling what MapleStory is now great.

People with short attention spans will get bored easily of Skyrim in the beginning if they've never played a game like it so you can either insist they try it or just leave them be. Doesn't matter to me. Blank doesn't like it. Whatever. Big deal. He seems to not like most games because of a seemingly impatient attitude towards them. I can't even think of a game he would like from what I play. Oh well. Suum cuique.

Well maybe he'd like Bastion.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Dat is correct, Omar. Impatience is one of my biggest traits. The only games I can keep going with if it's not almost immediately appealing are visual novels or MMOs that I'm playing with friends. The guy that's been telling me to play Dragon Age has also been telling me to play Bastion and Bioshock. Can't say I'm too impressed from what I've seen of him playing those games, but I've yet to play them myself.