Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Game Recommendations

If you stopped following Skyrim's storyline to explore new areas and adventure through several of the seemingly endless amount of content Skyrim has to offer you're doing it right. If you stopped following Skryim's storyline to level up and train skills that don't involve stuff like blacksmithing or enchanting then you're doing it wrong.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Go kill a chicken in town and you will have fun, I guarantee that.

Quote Originally Posted by MintPanda View Post
    Also I just saw you writing that you like LoL. Don't bother with that game, if you don't mind spending some time researching (or just playing casual), you can try out HoN or DotA 2, but they have a pretty steep learning curve (which is like the cliche there). But they're the top end for "MOBA" games.
    What makes HoN and DotA 2 top tier, but not LoL?

LoL is a fairly popular and fun game for casual gamers, which draws in a lot of people. Blankaex seems like the guy to play casual games instead of games which are known to have high learning curves.
    Last edited by ClericLordLeo; 21st July 2012 at 01:05 AM.

Phantom Watch

Shield

Batman: Arkham City? Dripping with awsome and packed to the gills with things to do. You will almost literally be tripping over extra sidemissions, objectives, Riddler Trophies, etc wherever you go; ideal for someone with a shorter attention span.

Skyrim works in the opposite direction as BAC; which is how I think you got bored. Skyrim has a HUGE world filled with things to do and places to see, but you have to go out and find them. People like me and Omar spend countless hours exploring and discovering the secrets in that world, but we're the type of people that can sit down and enjoy a game for longer than three hours. Thats why I think B:AC is a good suggestion; you can sit down for 1 - 2 hours and feel like you've accomplished alot.

The only downside I can see is that this game doesn't appeal to your weaboo-ness.

Want awsome games that do? I'm suprised there's no Kingdom Hearts on your list.

EDIT: Thought I should point out that I have never once completed Skyrim's main quest. Nor Fallout 3's.
    Last edited by DLH; 22nd August 2012 at 01:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    What makes HoN and DotA 2 top tier, but not LoL?

LoL is a fairly popular and fun game for casual gamers, which draws in a lot of people. Blankaex seems like the guy to play casual games instead of games which are known to have high learning curves.
    Quote from a month ago, but still feel like I need to address this.
    Spoiler!

tl;dr - LoL has a low skill cap and DOTA/HoN have pretty much infinite skill caps.
    Last edited by emailbox; 22nd August 2012 at 02:07 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    Skyrim works in the opposite direction as BAC; which is how I think you got bored. Skyrim has a HUGE world filled with things to do and places to see, but you have to go out and find them. People like me and Omar spend countless hours exploring and discovering the secrets in that world,
    You forgot me :(
    And I have 1.5x more hours logged than Omar :3
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DLH View Post
    Skyrim works in the opposite direction as BAC; which is how I think you got bored. Skyrim has a HUGE world filled with things to do and places to see, but you have to go out and find them. People like me and Omar spend countless hours exploring and discovering the secrets in that world, but we're the type of people that can sit down and enjoy a game for longer than three hours. Thats why I think B:AC is a good suggestion; you can sit down for 1 - 2 hours and feel like you've accomplished alot.
    On the other hand, I'm extremely easy to bore, which is how I know a game is good. If I spend more than 3 hours on a game (and not due to awkward control interface or bad mapping), it's good. If it's less than that, it's probably average. If it's less than a few minutes, or more than a few hours due to bad mapping or controls (cough cough Dawn of Mana cough), it's likely a really bad game. Dawn of Mana sux.

This thread is like a month old geezwtf.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Phantom Watch

Quote Originally Posted by FailFTW View Post
    You forgot me :(
    And I have 1.5x more hours logged than Omar :3
    Sowee =(

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    On the other hand, I'm extremely easy to bore, which is how I know a game is good. If I spend more than 3 hours on a game (and not due to awkward control interface or bad mapping), it's good. If it's less than that, it's probably average. If it's less than a few minutes, or more than a few hours due to bad mapping or controls (cough cough Dawn of Mana cough), it's likely a really bad game. Dawn of Mana sux.
    Yeah the newer mana games were never able to live up their predecessors. Seiken Densetsu 3 (Secret of Mana 3) is widely reguarded as the best in the series; too bad it never made it out of Japan. You can find it on emulator with an English patch.

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    This thread is like a month old geezwtf.
    It was still damn near the top of the page.