Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Game Recommendations

Default Game Recommendations

'Sup HS.

I'm not the biggest gamer out there. In fact, I'm barely a gamer at all. I don't even like games. But due to my excessively long Summer break, I don't have much to do, so I'd like to get into something.

First off, a little bit about my tastes.
    Despite me saying I'm much of a gamer, I have played my fair share of games. A kind-of quick summary:

TF2: Currently 373 hours of play time. Had it for quite a while, but I only play it every now and then for 1-2 hours before I get bored.
    Portal/Portal 2: I finished these games too, pretty entertaining.
    Maple: Of course. Long hiatus..es? A lot, but I do log in every now and then.
    Eden Eternal: I played this a lot for the past couple of weeks, but a fair bit bored of it now.
    CS:S: Not very often, and maybe for an hour, maximum, each time.
    LoL: Only played a couple games with my friends, but it seems kind of fun.
    osu!: This game is also pretty fun, but it's not something I can devote my time to.
    Pokemon: Play it on my DS when I'm out. Just started Pokemon White again, but I'm bound to get bored and start using Action Replay codes.
    Recettear: Loved this game, though it was pretty short.
    TWEWY: I also loved playing this game. Anime-style-ish and whatnot.
    SMT: DeSu: Really enjoyed this game, playing multiple routes does get pretty boring, though, since only the last day is different.
    SMT: DeSu 2: Stuck on one part near the beginning and too lazy to finish it, but I don't think it's bad.
    Visaul Novels (In general): I like them, since it's really close to anime (my favourite form of literary media), but they're way too long and I've never finished one properly.
    Skyrim: Played it for a few hours but I got bored of it pretty quickly.
    Ace Attorney/Professor Layton: Finished everything (in English) so far, enjoyable experience.

In short: I'm a freaking weeaboo. Love Japanese games, willing to play IN Japanese, since I live in Japan, learning Japanese, helps me practise and all that. FPS, good for parties, but not really helpful for killing time for a few more weeks. MMO games are cool, since I can play with my friends and stuff, like Eden Eternal. Any good DS game recommendations would also be appreciated. Don't have any other consoles, so keep it to just PC and DS please.

Download arma 2 and get the dayZ mod. It's been getting popular again.
    [21-11, 13:19] Tesiqurasa: so do their guns
    [21-11, 13:19] Bishopz: Al qaeda has a magazine.

If you got bored of Skyrim you were doing it wrong.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

pokemon black/white 2

look for a translation on romulation.net/forum (gotta sign up for the forum but it's free anyway)

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

I'm oldschool, so I don't really care about graphics. If I do, I have a preference more towards EC (Extreme Cuteness) than HD.

Emulator Games
    : Mostly SNES import games, like Tales of Phantasia, and Treasure of the Rudra. Terranigma is good too.
    Playstation/ PS2/ PSP: Mainly RPGs. I've got a few strategy games like Phantom Brave, but I don't play them much. Kingdom Hearts is a biggie, as is Lunar Silver Star Harmony (PS1 version has sucky graphics even for me, and terrible storage system, and unfortunately either my disc or the PSP itself is kinda bad, so I can't play as much as I'd like because it freezes and I lose all data until the last time I turned it on)
    RpgMaker games: Oracle of Tao, of course (I created it, after all), though I'd like to finish making the bonus dungeon, since everything else seems done. Forever's End, since it plays almost like a good Final Fantasy game, with every character using a custom system. And, Sunset Over Imdahl, since it plays extremely weird (it's an rpg with no leveling and no battles, instead solving a riddle about a disease that killed an entire town, with the assistance of time travel)
    Dating Sims: Hana to Otome ni Shukuf|u|ku wo (It's weird. Too bad I can't seem to get the kanji text to display with the version I downloaded so I've got ppl talking with no text, but it was free), Katawa Shoujo (pretty sure everyone's played this). I've played a few others too.
    Online: Maplestory (don't wanna play anymore, it's not bad enough I got hacked for the fourth time. Nexon sold me out by banning/blocking me). I've seen a few other games, though. Right now I'm playing LaTale, I also played Flyff (didn't get very far) and I especially like Pet Forest (the only game I know of that not only gives free pets but makes them the main aspect of battle).

Oh yes, and Zelda games. And Mother 3.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 7th July 2012 at 10:26 PM.

Never played these games so don't count it being good. Few of my friends mentioned
    World of Warcraft
    Final Fantasy

I'm not a gamer myself. Consider looking through these popular PC games
    http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?p...ial=all&page=0 In all honesty I don't know more than half these games so...

Never played these games so don't count it being good. Few of my friends mentioned
    World of Warcraft
    Final Fantasy

I'm not a gamer myself. Consider looking through these popular PC games
    http://www.gamespot.com/games.html?p...ial=all&page=0 In all honesty I don't know more than half these games so...
    ok this has got to be a troll post or something
    nobody in the ****ing world would suggest WoW and FF as the two PC games to try out in case they haven't heard of them

and a ****ing list to "every pc game" what an amazing ****ing recommendation

also play dungeons of dredmor
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Thanks for all the replies, guys.

Bishopz: I looked into it very quickly, doesn't seem like my type of game. If you really insist, I might delve a bit further, but I can already predict a very high likelihood of myself not enjoying it.

Omar: I guess I was. It's a shame I don't get to enjoy it.

Sam: I already have a Romulation account, and B/W 2 sounds like something good to have on my R4 for when I'm out. Thanks for that. Any other DS games you'd recommend?

Bulma: As previously mentioned, I only have my PC and DS. I might look at those dating sims if I feel like playing one. Of course everyone's played Katawa Shoujo. I am looking mainly at MMOs, and that Pet Forest game sounds pretty interesting. I'll do a bit of research about it soon.

Kag: Thanks for replying, but I was more looking for the opinions of everyone on HS, not a list of popular games.

ithrow4luk: Game looks pretty old. Sure it's worth playing? I'm not that much of a gamer, after all.

In any case, everyone, I was more looking for DS games (non-3DS, thanks, Nintendo, you ***), and MMOs mostly. If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to shoot!

hey my friend emily plays FF

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    Thanks for all the replies, guys.

Bishopz: I looked into it very quickly, doesn't seem like my type of game. If you really insist, I might delve a bit further, but I can already predict a very high likelihood of myself not enjoying it.

Omar: I guess I was. It's a shame I don't get to enjoy it.

Sam: I already have a Romulation account, and B/W 2 sounds like something good to have on my R4 for when I'm out. Thanks for that. Any other DS games you'd recommend?

Bulma: As previously mentioned, I only have my PC and DS. I might look at those dating sims if I feel like playing one. Of course everyone's played Katawa Shoujo. I am looking mainly at MMOs, and that Pet Forest game sounds pretty interesting. I'll do a bit of research about it soon.

Kag: Thanks for replying, but I was more looking for the opinions of everyone on HS, not a list of popular games.

ithrow4luk: Game looks pretty old. Sure it's worth playing? I'm not that much of a gamer, after all.

In any case, everyone, I was more looking for DS games (non-3DS, thanks, Nintendo, you ***), and MMOs mostly. If you have any other suggestions, please feel free to shoot!
    Hana Otome you're gonna want the actual disc of it (downloaded version has voice only). It's awesum though, it's sorta similar to Otome wa Boku ni Koi****eru. Twin sister gets ill, twin bro has to attend school as her.

Pet Forest is also called CanaanOnline. There are annoying parts to it, like having most of your gear have durability issues. But it's easier in regard to moneymaking than LaTale (omg, you get a few levels higher than an enemy and they start giving NO gold at all).