0 0%
  • Countermage

1 25.00%
  • Geomancer

2 50.00%
  • Archmage

1 25.00%
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: What Classes Would You Like MS to Have?

I also think that we don't need new classes, and we need to stop giving everyone the same type of skills.
    Why is everyone getting Rush? And Flash Jump? And every new class has ultimates (which are just new ways to lag someone out). And every few classes get a Hurricane-like skill (well, extremely fast with weak hits).

Of course deleting classes will be difficult, so I think Nexon just needs to define class roles more.
    e.g. Paladins are defensive and Heroes are offensive. That's simple enough.
    But what role do Dark Knights play? They're less defensive than Heroes. The damage they deal is very close to Paladins. Support? That's debatable - Combat Orders is also supportive (I can't say which is more supportive though).
    Dark Knights have been confusing me since Big Bang.

Those (mercedes, demon slayers, jetts, phantoms...) are legendary classes. So you can't create new characters for those classes

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    I guess I'm thinking more of in the old days of MS. Take those NLs so you can actually do damage. But they needed HB to survive so you had to have a DrK with you. And don't forget about needing a Bishop for heal/dispel/res.

This situation doesn't put the Dark Knight in a tank role. It rather puts him in a support role as he is simply providing the buff for the Night Lord. The Bishop could fit the Healer role but is still better in supporting with Dispel and Res which also people mostly do without thanks again to MapleStory's system with Wheels of Destiny or whatever they're called and potions that people can drink by the dozens. The only place a Healer is truly necessary in is somewhere like Empress where the map has a potion cooldown. People are forcibly limited not because the boss is too hard, but because of an added feature in the area. It's something that adds to the challenge and I somewhat agree with it, but it would be better if the boss itself could do something to make it harder. This game does not work with the traditional MMORPG system.

The only role that could fit something besides a DPS is the Bishop as it can heal and has a large variety of still useful support skills. Although, if a support skill is all it takes to play a different role then any class with party buff could be considered to be support. This is where I think that you need to cover several areas to be a support. Bishop covers several so this is the go-to support class and maybe Battle Mage with their auras. Not as effective as Bishops, though. There are classes that are more Defensive and more Offensive than others. Heroes are easily the more Offensive and Paladins play the Defensive role really well, but the defensive role of Paladins does not qualify as a tank since being a tank means they can take the heat off of the DPS and Healers and focus the enemy attacks on the tank alone. Now if the game was filled with less one-hit-KO type end-game bosses that have their best shot at killing you like you were an irritating fly and instead worked with whittling your health down and your potions had a cooldown then we would be getting to a point where healers are necessary. I'm not exactly sure how Empress works since I've never fought her or any of the dark CK instructors, but it has potential for creating roles. Sadly, referring back to my previous post, there is no aggro system that makes the tank role important. The attacks are not all focused on the tank which means the defense only serves itself. This completely nullifies the purpose of having a "tank" and makes every class just a different variety of a DPS class. Sad truth.

tl;dr this game cannot make it work unless serious changes were made. You're either a DPS character or a support role with buffs unless you're a bishop. Then you get more buffs and heal and res.
    Last edited by Omar Ranger; 15th July 2012 at 12:18 AM.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Too cool for bot zapping Clockwork's Avatar

tl;dr

Nah, just kidding. I think you misunderstood. I said "I guess I'm thinking more of in the old days of MS" which is to imply that rather than the "traditional" MMO style game play. So yes, I agree. MS can't follow the "traditional" MMO set-up.

Plus, I tanked in MS before with the dk I made in Bello. No one in my party could believe it. Hehe. They didn't even realised what I was doing at first.

If only it worked in stuff like Horntail or Pink Bean.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

The only way I can think of for a tank class to actually "tank" for a party is to have an ability that makes them take other party member's damage instead. I believe Battle mages have an aura that does that though. So if they give some form of that to a tank class, it might work. There's also the fog abilities that some thief classes(i think) have that protect people in it from monster's attacks, that sorta acts like a tankish maneuver. Not sure if it works in all situations though, ie boss fights or specific boss attacks.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Clockwork View Post
    I guess I'm thinking more of in the old days of MS. Take those NLs so you can actually do damage. But they needed HB to survive so you had to have a DrK with you. And don't forget about needing a Bishop for heal/dispel/res.

I wish they'd cap MG at 50% with 80% hp reduction (that is, on a 2000 damage hit, you take 400 hp and 1000 mp) and change HP/MP to about bowman/thief level (that and improve regen by giving an across the board 1% when resting to everyone but Mercedes, which gets a full 10% HP/MP). And replace mp boost with a revamped mp regen (up to 10% mp). And lower non-boss damage so that the equation actually works. Okay, that's about on par with LaTale's regen rest ability. If normal enemies were tolerable and bosses needed a boost, you'd be able to solo the average enemy and party for bosses. If this were so, maybe the boss damage would be such that HB would be needed since now MG hasn't nearly the same excessive amount. Make some other reason for the Bless buff too, like it raises critical rate for everyone but the caster.

I... I just... I don't even know anymore...
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

I voted for Geomancer. And I wonder why people seem to be not concern much about this poll, there has been only 3 votes yet???

Thunder God

Nobody's concerned about this poll because it was stupid in the first place. It's extremely misleading. None of these options are real and the ideas behind them are just not very good.