0 0%
  • Countermage

1 25.00%
  • Geomancer

2 50.00%
  • Archmage

1 25.00%
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: What Classes Would You Like MS to Have?

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Default What Classes Would You Like MS to Have?

With the Cannoneer and all these other mod classes, I was wondering what sort of classes you'd like to see. Not that Nexon would oblige, of course. But it's nice to dream.

Holy Knight
    Basically, a sort of cross between a Page type and a Cleric.
    Traits: Healing, Bless, and Invincibility. Holy Sword, Shield Defense, and Page's HP. A few unique holy elemental attacks.
    Weakness: Healing only affects party (not monsters), aside from bless/adv bless/invincibility gets few other buffs (maybe dispel, but at weakened %). Holy is the only sword element available. Doesn't get MG, sorry.

Countermage
    Specializes in negating magic, countering it, or reflecting it back at the source.
    Traits: A ton of buffs and metamagic skills.
    Dispel, Mana Reflection, Holy Shield, Distortion (reverses projectile effects back at their source, doesn't work on large beam attacks, like Pianus's shot), Physical Defense/Magical Defense (these two are like the enemy skill that reduces the other to 1, has a cooldown period and cannot overlap with the other), Mana Resistance (reduces all types of magical damage by 90%) and a few others.
    Weakness: Mana Resistance replaces MG, but ummm, it doesn't really protect against physical attacks. At all. The countermage specializes is defensive abilities, so they make good buffers, but horrible attackers. You pretty much need a party.

Geomancer
    A nature mage, sorta like a Mercedes, only for mages.
    Traits: 10% regen on both stats. Very strange magic system (sorta like the Final Fantasy Geomancer, using ley line powers to use random groups of spells based on terrain) .
    Weakness: Random magic. Hp is higher than most mages, but still not high enough for it to make a huge difference that would get caused by 10%.

Archmage
    Sorta like this girl. Can cast Heal, and poison, lightning, ice, and fire.
    Traits: Four elements and the ability to heal! Can use MG and teleport.
    Weakness: Can't use buffs.

I'd like to see a fixed game without errors class that's different. Something that's not been done before. Maybe an explosives class.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

F/Ps and Cannoneers have explosion-esque skills. I think some other classes do too. But a class focussed solely on explosives sounds interesting. Maybe on-command detonations or something, like TF2's sticky bombs.

The only class I can think of that's common but non-existent in Maple is necromancer, though I'm not sure how that would work. Maybe some weak-ish attack skills, and the ability to revive mobs you kill for a set time, to attack other mobs in the area. Then some buffs for the mobs, like "increase w/m att of revived monster" or "revived monsters' attacks deal fire damage over time". Sounds fun.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I'm not going to pick a specific class, but there are a few things I'd like to see in the future

1. Combos
    I mean real combos. I mean like dragon dancing on a Buccaneer or FABSUS on a Dual Blade. I don't mean just building up some form of combo counter and then doing a powerful attack. I want to use multiple skills and attack with fluidity. Buccaneer was nailing this pretty well until Big Bang when most mobs died in very few hits.

2. Unique Skills.
    Let's be real. There aren't many unique skill types in Maple considering the number of classes we now have. Too many classes blend together. I'm tired of every new class getting some kind of hurricane or flash jump. Those skills are what made other classes unique. It would be nice to see a bit of variety in skill sets.

3. More melee skills. Good god, why does everything new have to be ranged now? Of all new classes, only Dual Blade and Aran (I'm just counting everything after Pirate as "new") are melee.

Spoiler!

I have a question; why are they all mages?

I want a physics mage.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Damn, I forgot to put an Other option in this poll. I'd like to hear other ideas too.

Kag, they're not. The Holy Knight is essentially a Page, with the Heal spell slapped on. The Geomancer is actually more of a thief build (they can wear robes, but they do stuff like detect traps in the FF series, and can use knives rather than staffs).

The only class I can think of that's common but non-existent in Maple is necromancer, though I'm not sure how that would work. Maybe some weak-ish attack skills, and the ability to revive mobs you kill for a set time, to attack other mobs in the area. Then some buffs for the mobs, like "increase w/m att of revived monster" or "revived monsters' attacks deal fire damage over time". Sounds fun.
    Could be based on the familiar system, only rather than permanents, these are temp summons, and you can summon up to your card total of each creature (no, not the card limit have some total displayed of the times you've gotten that card). You generally can't have multiple different types of enemies active, self-buffs don't work (MP Generator has to be done with an actual familiar), and all creatures summoned this way are considered undead. Normally undead creatures have a bonus to summon based on your summoning skill (you can summon +10 more of them than your card total at maximum). This is their main skill, then they have a weak dark powers, a hp-absorb skill attack (sorta like the angry birds for Demon Hunter, except it does more healing % than damage), and some nasty status effects (think casting Zombify on an enemy, there goes Pianus/Papu/Zakum's fast healing, it doesn't kill like for characters but it does cause them to take damage whenever they heal for the duration, which is probably shorter than for characters). In addition to healing HP like a Demon Hunter, they get MG, and they can refill MP by sacrificing HP (1-99% to be set in the skill tab). The healing is based on % rather than actual amount so 99% of like 2k hp heals 99% of 22k. It's of course extremely dangerous though, because this leave you with like 20 hp which unless you heal in the next second.

What? I used to do D&D class designs at another forum.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 12th July 2012 at 10:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    I'm not going to pick a specific class, but there are a few things I'd like to see in the future

1. Combos
    I mean real combos. I mean like dragon dancing on a Buccaneer or FABSUS on a Dual Blade. I don't mean just building up some form of combo counter and then doing a powerful attack. I want to use multiple skills and attack with fluidity. Buccaneer was nailing this pretty well until Big Bang when most mobs died in very few hits.

2. Unique Skills.
    Let's be real. There aren't many unique skill types in Maple considering the number of classes we now have. Too many classes blend together. I'm tired of every new class getting some kind of hurricane or flash jump. Those skills are what made other classes unique. It would be nice to see a bit of variety in skill sets.

3. More melee skills. Good god, why does everything new have to be ranged now? Of all new classes, only Dual Blade and Aran (I'm just counting everything after Pirate as "new") are melee.
    phantom is "melee"
    lololol

so are "demon slayers"
    hurhurhurhur

But srsly, Battle mages are pretty short ranged, no?

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Battle Mages do have a smaller range, but I don't think it's that significant. I think it's just more noticeable because you can see how far the skills hit. Dark Chains is pretty big.

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    phantom is "melee"
    lololol

so are "demon slayers"
    hurhurhurhur

But srsly, Battle mages are pretty short ranged, no?
    Phantoms can copy ranged skills.
    Demon slayers are melee but everything is big.
    Battle mages are melee, they physically smack their targets with a long, magically-charged stick.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100