Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Can you maybe shut the **** up.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Just proving a point, that ppl here are no better.

So who are these ppl IRL email? Lemme get kag to beat them up.
    LOL bulma, I don't beat people up.... I would not even harm a mouse =) Stepping on spiders and ants..yes

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post

Your life is my unhappy than mine, hence you feel the need to control others. GTFO.
    what on earth

Spoiler!

Talk about being straightforward. Perhaps live on a stranded island for 30 days and see what happens.
    I'm Retired.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Kaglover, meanie, why won't you help me beat random people up?

Talk about being straightforward. Perhaps live on a stranded island for 30 days and see what happens.
    Actually, that's exactly what I'd say to people trying to rescue me from that deserted island. Obviously, I'd like things on that island (no worries about taxes, finding work, not having a gf/wife, etc. just worrying about staying alive for the next moment), and here they are trying to civilize me. Telling me that things are much more wonderful in the mainland. Pfffft. Apparently you think this mentality comes from not having enough experience away from people, if you'd think that would change my mind. You kinda got it backwards.

...Back to topic. People generally won't shut up, because it's human nature to be busybodies. I don't understand why, because it's also human nature to be extremely selfish. Maybe that's the point, people can justify themselves as being "good people" by being interfering jerks. Ironically, they'd be better people if they were good at just being selfish.

Here's an example. Let's say you want to watch films in the school library but they have no dvd player. So one day, you hook up a computer with one in the school library. Personally, you don't care whether people use this or not, but you intend to use it. The indirect benefit is that now people renting videos for school projects can watch a program, or just goof off and it adds to the value of the school. But again, you aren't kidding yourself that you're doing this for altruism. The school board on the other hand, might be absolutely sure everything they have to do is for the good of the students, and will insist that such things won't do unless all computers have them. But see if they ever buy even one themselves. (I actually did this, I got the perverse pleasure of being the only student getting a check from the school who wasn't in a work study or similar program. But of course they replaced computers the next year.)

Why won't people shut up? Because they're "right" and you're "wrong." Deal with it, or change it.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 25th July 2012 at 04:12 AM.

What the **** is wrong with you?
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

I'm not aggressive at all

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    ^

not sure why bulma posting in thread that was over 5 days ago

bolt202/veil225/feint200

I felt like it. I don't really know. Not sure why anyone bothered to respond though.

Nothing. I took the Insanity Test, and passed (barely). I eat my wheaties, and strive every morning to be accepted by other people (as myself, not as someone people expect of me so as to be better accepted). No matter what I say, right or wrong, you feel the need to cut me down, even though there are no results. What's wrong with you?

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/in-therapy/200907/the-definition-insanity-is

Quote Originally Posted by My Comment
    I took the quote quite literally when I heard it. I am guilty of avoidance on occasion, but I keep trying. But there's no sense trying the same thing over again.

For example, the job hunt. Let's say you repeatedly get rejected. Dogged determination might not yield results, because the methods are wrong. You should definitely have something to do, just as you should definitely have someone to love in life. But if you show up every time at a employment bureau, and they are ineffective, it is senseless to keep using them. Use phone, or email to get in touch with potential job leads. If you are bad with dealing with people, try different approaches, or simply say "screw the employer, I'm gonna work for myself." Launch your own business and do freelance work.

This is perseverance, trying different things to see what out of those actually has value. And it's different for every person. What he suggested is unnatural for many people, plowing ahead despite failures. Resistance can be overcome, but outright failure usually is a cue that something is wrong about the approach. This should not be used to excuse sitting in one's room alone rather than going out and finding a job. But if you suck at being hired (improper decorum, weird manners, or something people just don't like about you), setting yourself up for a cycle of abuse is not a healthy solution. Figure out what you are doing wrong, and do it right.

At the end of the day, I still believe this "quaint expression" has merit. It just shouldn't be used to excuse running away from problems. Try another path, see what works, this is sanity. Insanity is trying to change people through means that have been shown NOT to work.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 27th July 2012 at 11:12 PM.

I am 28.4090909090909090909090909090909...% insane

also
    114 Do you have an obsession about a particular type of vehicle
    what do you think?
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

I have no idea what vehicle you might be referring to.

<----

"Have you ever tried to fly?" No.
    "Did you die as a result?" Yes.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 27th July 2012 at 11:45 PM.