I'm a guy.

Despite probably being the last person you'd expect this from, for multiple, extremely non-egotistical reasons, Blank has made a thread about his own love life. I'm trying my best to not use the word "relationship", mostly because everyone uses it as if it only means boyxgirl stuff. Probably due to Facebook. Which I don't really like.

Anyways, first off I'll give a quick-ish outline of the events thus far over the past couple months.
Spoiler!

Now that I've shared my story with Hidden-Street, there are a few things I'd like to ask.

#1. The most important, I think. How should I act, when I see her again when school starts? Should I greet her? Ignore her? Try to be friendly? What should I say to her? Ask her why she's been off Skype?

#2. Her birthday is on August 17. School starts on August 23. I was thinking of getting her a present - would that be a good idea?
#2.5. If I do get her a present, what should I get? People say to get accessories - earrings, bracelets, hairpins - but that's what everyone is going for. I want something special, something that shows I'm thinking about her, and not just picking the "last resort" gifts right off the bat.

#3. Overall, what should I do about my love life? Should I try to win her back? Wait for some other girl to catch my attention? Become a wizard?

Leaving it up to you, HS. Give me some ideas!