Thread: Hero Pally combo

Hybrid View

Icon11 Hero Pally combo

Like my thread in the thief subsection, I would like to know the effectiveness of a 2 person team consisting of a Hero and a Paladin.

Thanks as always.
    A mere shadow in the Twilight I thus remain.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Better than NL/Shadower since both classes have mildly useful party buffs and are much more similar in terms of playstyle, but it still won't be much different than solo training.

However, there aren't any real "amazing" combinations like in earlier Maple. Phantom goes well with just about anything, as does Bishop, but there aren't really "ideal" duo training setups.

Spoiler!

There really isn't a need to make multiple threads on this. Just ask in your thread in the General Section :|

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Hero doesn't add anything, but more attack. Not sure which one you are, so this guide may be backward. Paladin/Bishop is a better combo, along with DK/Bishop (mob combo, plus life/mp boosts from both), and finally I/L (freezing enemies that are also holy weak is a huge bonus to training, but since Paladin can also do this, and gives close range support, I'd say this is a better combo). The Paladin does element support with single attacks, and the other masses, and both can heal. Plus as is the advantage of I/L they can do stuff like freeze opponents, giving the priest time to buff ppl or charge up BB.

Hero is worthless outside single combat bossing. Oh sure it can solo alot of critters, but it doesn't really mesh well in a party (it has fewer stat buffs/debuffs than Paladin or DK). If you wanna party with a Hero, look along the lines of a Bowman or Xbowman. They can boss well together... Also, Bowman can stand behind lines while the Hero acts as tank.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 8th August 2012 at 02:34 AM.

Heroes excel at 1v1 but that doesn't mean they can't mob. Intrepid slash hits 4 monsters at a time.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Well no, they can mob. But they aren't as suited as the other two warrior classes, and haven't the nice buffs of the others. It's just a matter of suitability. They work way better in some combo team versus a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Hero doesn't add anything, but more attack. Not sure which one you are, so this guide may be backward. Paladin/Bishop is a better combo, along with DK/Bishop (mob combo, plus life/mp boosts from both), and finally I/L (freezing enemies that are also holy weak is a huge bonus to training, but since Paladin can also do this, and gives close range support, I'd say this is a better combo). The Paladin does element support with single attacks, and the other masses, and both can heal. Plus as is the advantage of I/L they can do stuff like freeze opponents, giving the priest time to buff ppl or charge up BB.

Hero is worthless outside single combat bossing. Oh sure it can solo alot of critters, but it doesn't really mesh well in a party (it has fewer stat buffs/debuffs than Paladin or DK). If you wanna party with a Hero, look along the lines of a Bowman or Xbowman. They can boss well together... Also, Bowman can stand behind lines while the Hero acts as tank.
    Change "Hero" with "Bowmaster" and this holds true. Also I really don't want to explain again why the "DPS/Tank/Healer" formula doesn't work in 99% of MapleStory.

Paladins are more 1v1 since Blast is single-target.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward