Thread: internets

Default internets

my internets keep white-ing out/blanking out, or freezes and i can't scroll, or when i try to click a link, it opens a diff link on the page up. i use google chrome.
    and this happens on all website pages.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

This might be a bit "basic" to start...but

download CCleaner and run it. Clear everything. (Unless you have stuff in your recycle bin you want to keep.) Also just for good measure, clear your registry with it too.
    (Can be found right under "Cleaner)

Also, it looks like you're on Vista at least, so try this:
    Go in to your Start Menu, and search "Network and Sharing Center." On the left side, click "Manage Networks." In there, delete the network you're currently on, and reconnect to it. (If you have a password and you set it to automatically connect, you will have to retype the password.)
    Have you tried any other browsers, too? Try that before attempting these fixes, because it "could" save you some time.

Hope this works!

...How were you able to derive that she was on Vista by looking at those two screenshots?

Quote Originally Posted by ClericLordLeo View Post
    ...How were you able to derive that she was on Vista by looking at those two screenshots?
    The theme, as shown in the top right of the screen. It has the look of Vista / 7. I don't think it's an XP theme, because it requires a lot of modding to get Aero in XP. (The actual transparency)

Can't tell what your problem is from those screenshots... The second one looks normal. The first one has a white box where the ad is supposed to be, but other than that... If you're talking about the ads, that may be your adblocker. Otherwise idk what you're seeing. Do you get the same problem in other browsers?

Quote Originally Posted by Dae314 View Post
    Can't tell what your problem is from those screenshots... The second one looks normal. The first one has a white box where the ad is supposed to be, but other than that... If you're talking about the ads, that may be your adblocker. Otherwise idk what you're seeing. Do you get the same problem in other browsers?
    uhhh the second one is whited out about 3/4 of the way down... and the 1st one has the chat box whited out..

and yes, windows 7 vista o_O lemme try your suggestions, wyatt

edit. okay i ran the cleaning thing. i opened yahoo.com and it blanked on me, but i refreshed and it was fine after. can't delete current network because idk how to reconnect and it said i would have to make a new profile or s/m
    Last edited by Grace; 28th September 2012 at 09:34 AM.

hehehe

solelygrace+saiarain <3

My chosen theme has a white background so some of the white you're talking about just blends in and I thought the picture was fine -_-.

Anyway, try starting chrome with all your addons disabled. I suspect that it's an addon causing you problems. Failing that, try another browser. If another browser works fine, you might need to force an upgrade to your chrome :P. I know from being on the nightly build that things get rather freakish sometimes -_-.