Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Some time I need to get Radiant Dawn, I've beat Path of Radiance multiple times, but not Radiant Dawn :<.

I'll update this tomorrow when I have my actual hands on the damn game, but as it were, the EB Games I pre-ordered from called me and told me I could pick up FE:A today, if I wanted to. I live 1.5hs away from the store (it's right next to my univ which is downtown...)so I'm going to head over tomorrow first thing in the morning. I really hope it's not just a clerical error~~

bolt202/veil225/feint200

this game is un-be-****ing-lievably good
    oh my god.

also i highly recommend that people start playing the game on normal if you're going classic mode (perma death), as hard mode is actually pretty challenging if you weren't really a hard-mode person in prior games.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Someone get me a 3DS.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

I found lunatic to be somewhat challenging, but a lot of things make it much easier than it could have been. Except for a few chapters, it stops turning up the difficulty not too far into the game. Lunatic + is a different story.

Quote Originally Posted by Luis View Post
    I found lunatic to be somewhat challenging, but a lot of things make it much easier than it could have been. Except for a few chapters, it stops turning up the difficulty not too far into the game. Lunatic + is a different story.
    I thought the same of the first Fire Emblem released in the US (I think it's the 6th or 7th one actually) after you clear the port chapter to go to the island it's like "Hey, you like promoted units? HAVE ALL THESE!"

Quote Originally Posted by LostZodiac View Post
    I thought the same of the first Fire Emblem released in the US (I think it's the 6th or 7th one actually) after you clear the port chapter to go to the island it's like "Hey, you like promoted units? HAVE ALL THESE!"
    Yeah. 5 second tier units by chapter 8, and Chrom and Lucina exist.

i beat the game

it was fun. not enough mobs in hard mode though, they need a tower of valni/lagdou ruins at the end of the game so you can just go grind mobs like a boss. obviously introducing it early on (like ch9 in sacred stones lololol) would be a horrible idea, but at the end game (2nd last or last chapter) it would be cool, since you basically can level up an unlimited number of times...

edit: the DLCs let you grind like ToV/LR (you beat it with your squad, then can replay them as many times as you want); on release day they're going to have day 1 DLC but it'll be free for a limited time, so i'll probably get that and play some more. now i need to wait for etrian odyssey! <3
    Last edited by emailbox; 31st January 2013 at 12:28 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Update: Beat the game again, I missed one of the characters previously and wanted to restart.

For anyone who can access the game tomorrow (the US is having massive distribution problems), here's a quick no-spoiler guide.

Spoiler!

I figure it might be useful to have a direction when playing the game so you don't feel frustrated and feel like you have to re-start your file.

I found the DLC only useful for grinding up lower level units, not at all useful for the units I use most often. The DLCs coming up later might change that though, and I plan to buy every single one until I find a good DLC to grind on.

If you want to "play for fun" just play on Normal/Casual. Ain't no one gonna judge you gurl.

If you're like me and want your units to solo-rape everything on the last level just for kicks and giggles, then you're going to need to grind for 5 really good skills. I'll put up a list of my combinations for units if anyone wants them later on. I theorycrafted them for almost every character (minus child units, which have broader class pools and so I'll need to re-do those), so if there's a certain character you want me to run through my theorycrafting I can probably dig it up.

I personally play on Hard/Casual because I don't want to spend 2-3 hours per map trying to beat it without losing a single unit to a totally random crit that's unavoidable because the RNG gods like to **** with me.
    Last edited by emailbox; 3rd February 2013 at 10:18 PM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    the RNG gods
    Random Number God Gods.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100