Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Quote Originally Posted by FanOfKOTOKO View Post
    I don't understand why they feel the need to put in non-permadeath into this game of all things, but I do understand it's appealing to the people that don't play a lot of these strategy titles. Personally I like the challenge and me and my friends are competing to beat the darn thing on hard with the least units lost lol :P
    no one who even plays the game hardcore plays through the deaths of units anyway. 90% of FE veterans will reset the map until they clear it with 0 deaths. having non-perma death for me is just a time saver. i'll reset maps even though i'm playing on non-permadeath, just out of habit. if you like playing through deaths, that's cool, but i'm a completionist and i'm planning to get every single A rank support in the game, and for that you need every unit alive. + you need to grind them so i can't be bothered to spend five hours grinding up one unit's support levels.
    Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    This game is sold out everywhere I look. Well I guess that's fine since I don't even have a 3DS.
    friend is looking for a copy and it's sold out. apparently there were pretty massive distribution problems on nintendo's part.
    Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    What happens when all of your units die? Can you produce new units at the cost of resources or something? Can you remarry if your spouse dies?
    no. there's a set number of units. you can't have all your units die. at the very least you need to keep your avatar unit and primary lord unit alive. and no you can't remarry, it's not even remotely realistic, it's just a way of getting certain skills and stats on certain child units. child and parent are extremely broad terms. why not google the information before asking?

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Banned

never played the GC/Wii versions, but is this game still heavily reliant on coliseum grinding? That's one of the few things I didn't like about FE7 and FE8, and especially the risks of permadeath.

You can beat any fe game on any difficulty without grinding. Enemies react very predictably and are easy to manipulate. I think the only exception might be this game, but only on lunatic plus. No one would look down on reloading though, I think eventually some situations might be unwinnable at certain parts of the game because of the random skills every enemy gets. Any of this game's other difficulties are actually reasonable, however.

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    no one who even plays the game hardcore plays through the deaths of units anyway. 90% of FE veterans will reset the map until they clear it with 0 deaths. having non-perma death for me is just a time saver. i'll reset maps even though i'm playing on non-permadeath, just out of habit. if you like playing through deaths, that's cool, but i'm a completionist and i'm planning to get every single A rank support in the game, and for that you need every unit alive. + you need to grind them so i can't be bothered to spend five hours grinding up one unit's support levels.
    We're keeping track of how many times we restarted as well, though I've yet to lose anything so far, thus no resets :P
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss

Banned

http://tinycartridge.com/post/441716...-tharja-figure

NOPE NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING NOT GOING TO SAY ANYTHING NOT GOING TO MENTION ANYTHING NOT GOING TO BE A FOREVERALONEMOMENT NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE NOPE.

no.

I think I'm on Chapter 10.

Okay, so Fredrick is like seriously OP. He one-shots most units (because he somehow always manages to sneak in two attacks) and whatever units that attack him. Virion does extremely decent damage. But I made the mistake of turning him into a Knight Archer; his movement is severely limited in rougher terrains. Not sure if I should promote advance all my characters or just leave as is or change to a different class to acquire different skills. I could probably work on that more end-game.

Also, ChromxSumia, VirionnxSully, LissaxLon'Qu, I'm thinking about getting Tharja with my avatar, but her outfit is turning me off. Maribelle's? (Lissa's noble lady friend) outfit turns me off too. Cordelia's not too bad looking. Not sure who to pair off my avatar with.
    by Cryopon

Finished the game last week.
    Spoiler!
    by Cryopon