Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Fire Emblem: Awakening

Default Fire Emblem: Awakening

Okay if you have a 3DS get this ****ing demo right now, it's on the Nintendo eShop. Holy ****, son, this is the most amazing addition of the FE games I've ever seen. I was hoping for a return to the old GBA kind of graphics but Nintendo really worked its magic and the 3DS looks unbelievably good, and the sprites are GBA enough for me to appreciate. Oh my god this is honestly the best thing I have ever seen on the 3DS.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Between Pokemon X and Y and now this I think I need to invest in a 3DS.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Actually you can get a 3DS bundle that comes pre-loaded with FE:A, though you won't be getting a physical copy if you opt for this route. It's a blue 3DS with a FE-themed decal on the front, costs 200 USD, I think.

I have a minor fetish for physical copies of cartridges and the like, so yeah..

2 WEEKS UNTIL RELEASE DEAR GOD I MIGHT ACTUALLY SLEEP OVER AT MY SISTER'S APT TO GET TO THE STORE IF THEY MIDNIGHT RELEASE LOLIHATEMYLIFE

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Pre-ordered this a while back :P
    Still deciding if I want to preorder X/Y or wait until later, though.
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss

a dumbass baby

I've never played a Fire Emblem game before, but after watching the trailer for it, I've been hella hype for it. Gonna get the demo when I get the chance.

Also if anyone wants to try previous FE titles, I'd highly recommend grabbing an emulator and trying out FE7 (just "Fire Emblem" in the US), and FE 8 (Sacred Stones) for GBA. IMO those were the best ones but if you prefer the oldschool graphics from the DS versions those are also emulatable.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

OH GOD, i need to get a 3DS then I love the FE games, I was even playing Fire Emblem Sacred Stones earlier today, doing a hard mode only female play through to challenge myself and so far I'm up to Chapter 17.

(ss isn't a challenge because you can just train at tower of valni forever)

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    (ss isn't a challenge because you can just train at tower of valni forever)
    I'm not "abusing" it, went into chapter 15 with only 2 promoted units and the rest near lvl 20 1st promotion.

it's not abusing, it's a part of the game. the part that makes the game ridiculously easy.

i do hope that the new awakening has something like it though, i like being overleveld and it would make lunatic somewhat do-able (though according to Luis lunatic gets pretty simple after the first five or so chapters)

bolt202/veil225/feint200