Thread: Time Crysis 2: Maximum Edition

Default Time Crysis 2: Maximum Edition

Alright. It's no secret that I don't have the best computer specs around here. Of all the 19 games I have, I can only run basic games that uses sprites as it's graphic style. Somehow I was able to get through Portal without much trouble and somehow I can only run Sonic Adventure 2 in slow-motion. But whatever. A certain member here kindly gave me the game code for a Crysis 2: Maximum Edition. I obviously won't be able to play the game well, but

[15-08, 12:16] omarXRanger : i want to hear a full report about your attempt to run Crysis 2

and so here I am. Let's take a couple hours for installing it and let's run it and see how it goes.

Spoiler!

Trouble already? No Matter! I've just gotta try my best and keep pushing forward!

Spoiler!

The opening surprisingly ran smoothly. Even moreso the main menu. Still, the smoothness very much delighted me.

Let's go to the graphics menu and put everything on minimum settings.
    Spoiler!

Um, okay. So the lowest setting standard is "High", but I'll take it.

Spoiler!

Being Doken, I have no choice but to play on easy modo. Bad computer specs isn't helping any either.

Opening graphics isn't too bad. Though this could be explained by the live footage style. The following game graphics though, I'm unsure. Being unable to play higher leveled 3d games, my graphic standards might not be so great. Looked okay though if I had to give an opinion.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

The cutscene was kind of slow, so this is where my computer jumps in and runs at a lower FPS. Manageable. After being able to move, I got to some jammed hatch and had to help open it. What followed was a completely flooded submarine with three dead guys floating around. They didn't help much. Anyways, I was stuck here for quite a while despite going straight.

Spoiler!

And as payment for being stuck, I drowned.
    Spoiler!

Nine times.

Let's head over to our local Chat Box and ask for help.
    Spoiler!

Somehow no one was really helpful. Maybe it was because I somehow became stuck in the prologue before any action even began. Off to gamefaqs!
    Spoiler!

Oh okay. Just follow the bubbles (BUT I WAS! I WAS! I SWEAR I WAS!)

Spoiler!

Whew! Barely made it.
    Spoiler!

Oh hi there

Finally opening credits. The graphic here looks really really nice. But again low FPS. So everything was sort of slow.
    Spoiler!

Finally time for some action.
    Spoiler!

Out of ammo...

Spoiler!

Power Jump. I like it. It feels so POWER JUMP ACTIVATE!

Spoiler!

I FELL!

Oh yeah, so with the whole low FPS and computer specs thing, it'll take a while before the game registered that I pressed space to jump. So I have to press it a second or so before actually needing to jump.
    Spoiler!

Four tries not too bad.

Finally some ammo.
    Spoiler!

BUT WAIT! I CAN'T AIM!
    Spoiler!

I should have mentioned this earlier, but the camera is a pain to move around. Along with everything else, it's also slow and then there's the whole motion blur thing which I should have turned off.

I ended up rushing them and punching them to death.
    Spoiler!

My first kill using the gun. He was awfully in close-range.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Anyways, eventually made it out to a bigger field. And of course a whole bunch of enemies started showing up.
    Spoiler!

And of course I went around punching them all. Finally came to a gate, which on the minimap shows that I'm suppose to go through here.

Spoiler!

I didn't know what to do to opening it so I started shooting at it.
    Spoiler!

And then punching it.

Well. Nothing happened and I didn't bother to go through that point. So this is where my attempt at running Crysis 2 ends. It looked like it could have been a game I'd enjoy, but poor specs.

Report finish.
    by Cryopon

what the hell peterdoken

how do you die in an interactive opening cut scene
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Bad camera in an FPS. Wtf.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Banned

This is the best story I have ever read.

I've got mine on the "Very High" preset, at ~55 FPS. And I'm a graphics whore. Nice job. Very impressed, and surprised you were motivated enough to do this.
    The game looks fantastic no matter what settings it's on. That's a bummer, because then low-end machines can't enjoy it. :\

This is the greatest thread on HS.