Thread: Random Tip Of The Moment - Gollux Scroll Extraction Harvesting

Beginner

Icon5 Random Tip Of The Moment - Gollux Scroll Extraction Harvesting

If you do Gollux runs pretty regularly you've probably got tons and tons of the mostly worthless blue pennies and nothing of any relevance to use them on.

Well, there ~is~ a *VERY* good use for them. Basically what you want to do, presuming you're not an alchemist, is you wait for someone to setup a really cheap scroll extractor in Ardentmill. For example in Windia, channel 1, there's a 1 meso jobbie setup right now. Once you know the extractor is up and you're reasonably sure it's gonna be around for at least 10 minutes or so you can make a quick run to Gollux. Once you get there, use all those ferreted up blue pennies and buy every last daily scroll you can get your lil grubbies on. There should be about 12 in all.

Once you've got 'em, press 'B' and click the button in the top right hand corner of the window. This will instantly warp you straight to Ardentmill directly from Gollux, where you can then cash in your daily scrolls for crafting parts and pieces. What's more, the Gollux scrolls are like "high level" scrolls, meaning you have a very good chance of getting REALLY good stuff, like grand spell essences, usually 1 to 3 per batch. Those of course can be resold if you like for a *LOT* of mesos!

It winds up working out really nice because you usually only come across a cheap scroll extractor like once a week or so, which should be just enough time to replenish your supply of blue pennies for the next extraction batch.

And of course, on the flip side, if you're an alchemist, you can simply extract daily as often as you like once you reach master level to really make a killing, especially if you use a drop rate increase familiar and other drop rate increase methods when gathering up blue pennies.
    Last edited by Plarg; 26th February 2014 at 10:03 AM.

a dumbass baby

Your dedication is remarkable. Makes me want to start playing regularly again.

Beginner

I just started playing in November so most of the game is pretty new to me, lots of fun things to explore and unravel. I find it's a good outlet for my OCD persuasions as well. :)

Mmmm, speaking of scroll extraction, that Kalido Spinner thing that came out today is apparently dumping blue scrolls left and right... which 90% of the people getting them are then just throwing right onto the ground! I camped out for about 30 minutes during peak times and racked up around 30 scrolls and got 2 grand spell essences via extractions (plus a lot of basic and fine essences).