Thread: Throwing Star Help

Default Throwing Star Help

I'm kind of new to Maplestory. I'm having trouble finding more throwing stars, I've run out of my beginner ones.
    This HS listing for Subis says that Mano, Stirges, and Jr Neckis drop them, but my monster cards say that they don't.
    I've tried the free market but everyone seems to only be selling steelys or infintes.
    Apparently, none of the grocers carry stars anymore so I'm at a loss.

Where do I get more throwing stars?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

I guess I've not even checked general stores recently, but I'd assume at least somewhere sells them. Have you tried some of the new areas' merchants (they'll seem sort of obvious and out of place and often won't be on the world map)? I remember there being a glitch this past winter that affected some stars being recharged at vendors, so something very well might have come up recently.

Assuming none of the general merchants/potshops sell stars:
    As soon as you can do Monster Park, do that. Stars drop like candy.
    Check through your monster cards for things like Kumbi, Tops, or Icies. Last I remember, a stars have a pretty high drop rate.
    If you're really desperate for free, good stars, hang out in Monster Park lobbies and loot ones people discard (this happens frequently).

Worst case scenario, Nexon is being terrible and doesn't recognize the problem (assuming there's a problem), and you might have to play a different class for a while. You could use this time to make a link mule or two to buff your future Assassin.

If you don't get any definite responses, post again, and I'll go on and search through various vendors for you; it might be difficult for a new player to find all of the possible vendors.

Spoiler!

Unless they changed something, general stores (like the potion shop in Henesys) sell subis.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Apparently in the recent patch they removed bullets and subis by mistake from general merchants. These are now back in stores once the patch is finished.
    Spoiler!

My art blog