Thread: I'm so glad my ****ty choices got me here eventually.

Default I'm so glad my ****ty choices got me here eventually.

So obviously i've been more active here lately, and IIRC I think jubjub inspired me to make a thread about how happy and at least, in my opinion, "good" im doing.

Here is a song im feeling currently.

So after almost 3 year of being together, I finally just wanted to not be with my girlfriend. She cried, I tried to explain, she wouldn't listen. We gave it a shot with me NOT living with her (I lived with her for nearly 2 1/2 years.) It didn't work out, as expected. 2 weeks after I leave she starts banging the dude who thought he was my best friend, but honestly I didn't care about. Fun stuff right?

I got a job, even though I drank excessively because I did love her, or at least I thought. I think I was just used to being with her, near her, sleeping in the same bed. Small things that you don't notice until you're alone all the time. Depression and vices have been in my past but honestly I woke up one day after my birthday, first one spent alone in 3 years, and realized how ****ing happy I was. I didn't have to explain myself, be constantly accused of retarded bull**** (even though she was the unfaithful one. twice over) or be on a ****ing leash! I relaxed with my friends, finally started skating again, got into screaming after procrastinating for so long (High fry screams. Northlane/beartooth are good bands to get the gist of them.) I drink for fun on occasion with friends, not as a habit or a way to fall asleep. I stopped smoking 2 weeks ago, hopefully going to continue.

Finally getting school into my priorities, just after i settle debts and start saving money ( I pay all my bills+rent atm! I KNOW BIG CHANGE!) Maybe think about my future, which is either joining the marines or putting every ounce of energy into music. Have no interest in a relationship and honestly i feel so free. To be able to dedicate my time to myself instead of constantly trying to make some ungrateful person happy.

I also frequent here alot which is awesome because you guys are family forever. I'll take the title of **** up for now ;) Just wanted to tell everyone here this, you guys have always been there for me,whether seriously or not, you have given me advice which in hindsight I should have taken and ran with it. Cheerrs.
    Spoiler!

i've lost my got damned mind

It's good to hear that you're more happy now. Wish you the best stuff.
    by Cryopon

: )