Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hidden-Street World Building

Still not sure if I should add texture to the plains.
    Spoiler!

Lore:
    Spoiler!

Current Era is similar to the feudal age.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

Progress picture

Spoiler!
    viva la nagato yuki

Geography making isn't really my thing but I'll get a map down at some point before September 31st.

Overview
    This world is going to be more catered towards a Fire Emblem/Video Game type of setting. I won't include any plot since this thread is more for world building, but for the continent where it will take place, I'm going to make the geography setting accommodate the plot. I'm not sure of how it will end up yet but there will be forests, plains, mountains, and deserts, but water terrain will be limited. It'll be a magic medieval setting.

Nations
    There will be four big nations (no names yet) and I'm unsure yet on if there will be some smaller nations nearby. Nation One is a monarchy and is extremely religious. They're going to be the main aggressive nation towards the other nations. Nation Two will mostly be a militaristic nation, where those in high commands are combat competent. Nation Three and Four are also monarchies, but will probably be politically-normal compared to Nation One and Two.

Races
    Humans will be the standard sapient race (and most numerous). I do have some ideas in mind for what I want to include, but I'm going to make a rule that races will be tied to a zodiac-inspired "god" being, who would have some sort of consistent quality. Werewolves will be wolves who made a contract with Gemini and can transform into Werewolves. This means that regular wolves still exist, but the wolves who can shapeshift are a new race called Werewolves. Mermaids are humans who made a contract with Pisces and can shapeshift into mermaids. Races would be different even if different creatures contracted with the same zodiac, so humans who made a contract with Gemini wouldn't be werewolves but something else. So pretty much "race" would only indicate what creature made a pact with what zodiac. This allows a lot of flexibility with "races" in my world and also allows me to make up new races if I need to, though I would still adhere to the zodiac rule. Gemini is going to be a human-ish zodiac, which would be why wolves become werewolves. I'm not sure what a human+Gemini race would be but it'd probably be something of a superhuman race.

Magic
    The classical elements (Wind, Fire, Earth, Water) will be available or unavailable depending on the race and in different forms. For example, normal humans can produce water with certain tools and magic, but mermaids can only manipulate existing water with magic. Werewolves will not be able to use earth magic, but will be immune to earth magic.
    I'm unsure about other types of magic (Gravity, lightning, ice, etc) but I might need to include non-classical types since some of the Zodiac signs are non-creatures.
    by Cryopon

big image

Mountains Soon™
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100

Spoiler!

Really rough sketch, will refine soonTM. Yellow is desert or beach if close to water, light green is plains, dark green is forests, gray spikes is mountains, blue is water
    by Cryopon

More lore:
    Spoiler!

Updated first post with currently posted world maps.

If I did not see your name or you did not include a name and want your world to be named, let me know.

Lore:
    Spoiler!

Current Setting information:
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Spoiler!

Really rough sketch, will refine soonTM. Yellow is desert or beach if close to water, light green is plains, dark green is forests, gray spikes is mountains, blue is water
    Updating
    Spoiler!

Feel free to add geographical advice/suggestions.
    Last edited by rasudoken; 30th September 2015 at 02:14 AM.
    by Cryopon

Well here's my map. No lore written yet.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward