viva la nagato yuki

Lore:
    Spoiler!

Slight map update:
    Spoiler!
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

viva la nagato yuki

Final update for the poll since I needed names and ****.

World's name is Dunos.

Spoiler!

Spoiler!

But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

October Challenge:
    Writing a History.
    How did your world get to it's current state?
    This is a general history challenge and can vary from your theory of evolution to a political timeline.
    On the 31st, I will take the most recent post and consider it your final entry.
    Last edited by ithrow4luk; 2nd October 2015 at 04:31 AM.

Starscape questions:

What is life like for the average citizen of each kingdom?

Why does Kingdom 2 remain neutral in military advancements even though they are a militaristic nation? (unless I missed something while reading)

What gave the humans such a power advantage over the other races? Did the other races have much worse technology or was it a numbers battle?

I've never written fiction before so I struggled with intro and flow and everything please excuse how bad it is
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by ithrow4luk View Post
    Starscape questions:

What is life like for the average citizen of each kingdom?
    •Kingdom 1 citizens are somewhat divided over interpretations of the national religion. The larger majority are the extreme and hostile ones. Men are encouraged to join the crusades while women and children do production and farm works. The non-hostile citizens are ridiculed by the hostile majority. Women are also greatly encouraged to have children. Normal day-to-day life is usually comfortable for them because they have enormous farmlands and live on a plain, so they don't need to worry about food or living spaces (especially with the occupations, many crusaders live in temporary settlements outside the kingdom, leaving more space at home for the normal citizens). The weather doesn't get very hot and when it gets cold they only need to put on warmer clothings and heat up the fireplace to stay warm.

•Kingdom 2 citizens are mostly soldiers by choice and those who aren't soldiers are sent away to nearby cities to do production works or are kept behind to do the more unsavory works (house cleaning, weapon cleaning, manual labor, etc). Life was bearable before the war, but now the soldiers are training much harder and some of the non-soldiers from pre-war are motivated to become soldiers. Life has gotten much harder for the post-war non-soldiers because their workloads have increased and they are pressured to do their job better AND faster. The temperature is normally hot all year round, and very hot in the summer.

•Kingdom 3 citizens do a lot of production and farm works because they export a lot of food and supplies to Kingdom 2. This can range anywhere from fishing, forest hunting, lumberjacking, mining, farming, blacksmithing, etc. Due to being a very commercial nation, there is a higher number of poor and homeless citizens. Money circulates between the tradesmen, the nation taxes, and the nation exports. With such high focus on production and trades, those left behind to do manual labor get paid even less than similar jobs in other nations. Those in the circulating system live comfortably, but those out of the system have to work very hard to get by, steal food, or starve to death. Life has not changed much since after war broke out.

•Kingdom 4 citizens are very good at doing a myriad of different things due to the small population and small farmlands. Citizens are generally peaceful and friendly. Most families are self-sufficient and hunt for food if they aren't the national farmers. If others are in trouble they're happy to lend a hand. They have an alliance with the Centaurs who live nearby in the forests and village. Post-war, life is rough because citizens are forced to do production works for Kingdom 1 and are all given food rations rather than wages. They are also treated roughly by the occupying soldiers to prevent uprisings and citizens are no longer permitted to meet in large groups with non-family members unless heavily supervised.

Why does Kingdom 2 remain neutral in military advancements even though they are a militaristic nation? (unless I missed something while reading)
    Ya I posted it with my last update. But they're not currently advancing due to: the unfamiliar terrain on the west side and due to Kingdom 4 and a village being in the way on the right side, Kingdom 4 and the village being occupied, and there still being many civilians there. Taking a longer, eastern way around is also not efficient because: it would take too long to get to Kingdom 1, the army would have trouble marching through sand, they would have to bring with them even more supplies to accommodate for the desert travel, and that Kingdom 1 would already see them marching and can attack the Kingdom. They are currently trying to retake the village and Kingdom 4 before they can do large-scale advancements, but are still having problems because of the forest (allowing the enemy to wage guerrilla tactics and far-range hit-and-run tactics).

What gave the humans such a power advantage over the other races? Did the other races have much worse technology or was it a numbers battle?
    There are no "hard" races in Starscape due to how the Zodiacs (effectively gods) interact with humans. But concerning the centaurs, they were already limited in numbers and the majority of them were firstly killed because Kingdom 1 had the preemptive strike. After that it was indeed due to a difference in numbers of battle combatants. Not all centaurs are fighters either so that doesn't help.
    by Cryopon

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Late to the map, but I started writing notes and intros. The map itself was based off of my notes, with a few changes along the way.
    The language and culture are pretty obviously Romantic, with some Germanic tidbits thrown in. The world is intended to extend beyond the map's borders, though it is largely unexplored by the population (think Tolkien's world)

Initial note on which the map and story are based:

"The Fier" literally translates to "The Happening", though it is colloquially referred to as "The Fire" or "The Fear"; a play on words regarding the largely forgotten and semi-mythological realm beyond the mountains. Legend holds that a ball of fire from the heavens decimated the north-eastern portion of Hycanthos, forcing the Vir (men) south.

A full present-day Genesis myth to come, as well as a more pointed look into the various landmarks.

Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 5th October 2015 at 01:13 PM.

Spoiler!

History challenge will be complete in about one week.