View Poll Results: cleric or ice lightning mage

Voters
4. You may not vote on this poll
  • cleric

2 50.00%
  • lightning inclined

2 50.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: cleric or lightning inclined mage?

Default cleric or lightning inclined mage?

im having trouble cuz i want to be either a lightning mage or a cleric. wut should i do? plz help me and give me tips :(
    Scania - DragonR1der - LVL 30!!! CLERIC!!!
    Broa - DragonBlad3 Ice/Lightning mage lvl 16 (sorta forgot a little... hehe... )
    Sort of a beginner so if you have any tips, feel free to help me!!! I'll do my best to help others. XD

Ppls help me plz. read the title plz...ty
    Broa - DragonBlad3 Ice/Lightning mage lvl 16 (sorta forgot a little... hehe... )
    Sort of a beginner so if you have any tips, feel free to help me!!! I'll do my best to help others. XD

Mushmom

Well, it has to be your own choice. Let me give you the input of a level sixty-two cleric.

Clerics are simply support characters. What you should expect from clerics are long hours of heal training. It's extremely tedious as you get higher. By level sixty, you're going to be really bored. Soloing non-undead monsters is just not possible with clerics, for attacks are weak. Holy arrow is even weaker than magic claw in most cases.

More positive things about the cleric is the ability to heal and later on, holy symbol. Holy symbol multiplies the experience the party recieves by one hundred and fifty percent. Heal keeps everyone alive and saves loads of HP potions.

A skill that helps you more would be MP eater. This is the second priority for the cleric. With this, you can last at coolie zombies or any training spot for as long as you like. It simply drains MP from targets as you attack. For twenty-four MP, you get six shots at getting it. With MP eater, you are never going to need a potion again, HP or MP, while training.

I'll tell you what I think about a focused lightning mage.

Such a character would have one sole purpose; power leveling. This means leveling as fast as you can, ignoring all costs. Lightning mages will really rape your MP and those crabs are going to knock you about like crazy. If you decide to go lightning first, ice must come after as well. Lightning is only used for mobs. Ice is the attack which lets you solo.

In my opinion, ice/lightning mages would be crap if not for one thing; freezing. Sure, you can mob attack, but that's nothing special. Ice is.

Who, other than the ice mage, can totally stop monsters in their tracks in the second job? In third job, crossbowmen and pages can freeze too. However, ice mages still do it best. Their primary attack, magic composition, includes freezing effects. Crossbowmen need to cast separately from strafe, their main attack. And if need be, ice mages can use the AOE ice skill, which freezes six monsters around.

Both classes are in a way supportive. Clerics are more direct, they affect the stats of the party members. Ice mages are supportive by weakening the monsters; freezing them.

Bera: Excruciation

Aren't the clerics like really strong after lvl 70. They summon the drragon, and they have shining ray and all that stuff. They also have all these wicked attacks, while the lightning mage has thunder spear.
    Also, what is the best attack for a lightning mage? I heard it is thunder spear. What is so good about it?
    Thanks for helping. :D

Drake

Quote Originally Posted by spikeyfriends
    Aren't the clerics like really strong after lvl 70. They summon the drragon, and they have shining ray and all that stuff. They also have all these wicked attacks, while the lightning mage has thunder spear.
    Also, what is the best attack for a lightning mage? I heard it is thunder spear. What is so good about it?
    Thanks for helping. :D
    Clerics will NEVER be strong. They are damaged by all classes.

Thunder Spear is the Lightning mage's strongest attack, but also their slowest. It's only useful on 1 vs. 1 situations not for mob control.
    xDownstars - Lv12x
    Rapturex - Lv2x
    Entropik - lv4x

Mushmom

I don't know about that, magic composition and the ice attack appeals to me more.

Shining ray, although stronger than holy arrow and earlier cleric skills, is still one of the weakest attacks in the game.

Bera: Excruciation

Shining Ray is one of the weakest attacks in the game? Wow. Besides the fact that clerics can heal and support their party members and themselves, how would a cleric be good?

For the lightning mage, I heard that you only attack with one sixth of the damage you can do if you hit the monster once. But then if you attack with just one thunderbolt, then you only hit with the one sixth damage again.

See, I want to be pretty strong, but still not die a lot. About how much weaker are clerics to lightning mages(attack damage wise).

what's so bad about cleric?
    http://www.hidden-street.net/characters/priest.php
    look at the skills.........
    you can use doom on 99% of the monsters(even the boss in lubrium you know, the huge machine people that can do ice stuff w/e it's called) i highly believe that after 3rd job is out, new places will be there along with it.......
    cleric can solo, no problem.
    turn monsters into blue snails, then use shining ray on their newly transformed blue snail behind.
    mystical door is useful too........
    and holy symbol is the main reason for being a cleric(i heard people saying that)

Thanks. When the monsters are turned into snails, do they still have the same hp and mp, or is it like the regular snails, where you hit with one hit, and they're gone? That would be cool.

What is the cleric's best attack/skill? Also, how much weaker is a cleric compared to a lightning mage?(damage wise)

Thanks everyone!

Quote Originally Posted by spikeyfriends
    Thanks. When the monsters are turned into snails, do they still have the same hp and mp, or is it like the regular snails, where you hit with one hit, and they're gone? That would be cool.

What is the cleric's best attack/skill? Also, how much weaker is a cleric compared to a lightning mage?(damage wise)

Thanks everyone!
    ok the skill "doom" can turns non-boss monsters into blue snails, but it has a percentage of success rate, and they only stay in the form of snail for a certain amout of time.(it even works on WW and lycans)
    after you cast doom and succeds, the monsters turns into a blue snail, they look like snails, move like snails, attack like snails(does 1 damage), but they have their original amount of HP.
    cleric's best attack skill is HEAL.......
    you use heal on undead monsters, undead monsters tend to appear in a mob, so 1 cast of heal can damage 6 monsters.
    the skill "Thunderbolt" does like 800 at level 30?????
    you won't be training in the same spot as lightning mages(they could be training the the same spot as you if they want >_>).
    example:you won't go to clangs as a cleric, but lightning mages can go to minor and coolie zombies.