8. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ice Wizard (+1/2 lit)

5 62.50%
  • Lightning Wizard (+1/2 ice)

3 37.50%

Thread: Which to choose?

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Default Which to choose?

I'm nearing my 2nd job (lvl 29 magician), and I was wondering which magician type I should choose.

I'm trying to to choose one that balances (cool) attacks with mesos saving/earning.

My choices are either:
    Ice Wizard (+half maxed lightning)
    I might choose this because I can hunt fire boars efficiently, and have a chance at finding kumbis/wolbis, then later move to fire drakes and hope to find STEELYS!! Also, with this, I can fight monsters that move fast/use magic because I can continually freeze them, giving them no time to react (which is something like my attack style right now, using claw on sents.)
    Lightning Wizard (+half maxed ice)
    This seems like a good choice because I can fight lorangs later, and get mob exp+meso drops. Also, lightning is good if I want to find a panlid instead of buy one. Plus a multi-target attack is very cool. The ice is good at half maxed, since it does 5 points weaker only, and doesn't take much mp. Basically, with this, I'm going to be item hunter with lit.
    Cleric
    Gets rid of the annoying need to run back to town to buy more hp pots once I've run out (bad in the middle of a battle). Also, I won't need to buy ANY hp potions, and not as many mp potions later because of the Heal+MP Eater combo. Plus, everyone says clerics get lots of money off Z. Lupin massacres, since they don't take dmg, and don't always need to use a pot. (but a lit wiz gets loads of meso drops regardless the monsters)

so which to choose?
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

go fire, makes gettin to 3rd job alot funner, because u can exspect 10x more then from ice, ice/lit already have AoE, fires dont. But if u must choose ice/lit go with lit, faster level...alot...

Don't take my avatar serious.

i would choose cleric. why? because i hate using pots. i always run out at the worst of times. the problem with cleric is that they dont really have any powerful new skills, since most of their skills are supportive
    ikillsnails :: bera :: 4x cleric :: semi
    chooga :: bera :: 1x magician :: semi
    Join my guild =D

Quote Originally Posted by spartan013
    i would choose cleric. why? because i hate using pots. i always run out at the worst of times. the problem with cleric is that they dont really have any powerful new skills, since most of their skills are supportive
    yeah, I hate that too.

I was fighting a lupin for its banana when I was doing a quest, but I ran out of mp, AND potions.

I had to run FAST.
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

why dont u just max both and skip some other skill, that way you can get the benefits of both!

South of WI, East of IA, West of IN, N of KY

Quote Originally Posted by plsmflare
    why dont u just max both and skip some other skill, that way you can get the benefits of both!
    Max both what? This topic is about which 2nd job to take not which skills to get...
    Bera
    FireSkeeve - Fire Wiz lvl 30 (Active)
    IceSkeeve - Dormant
    IWantStars - Dormant
    Broa
    KashKow - Dormant
    HolySkeeve - Dormant
    BowSkeeve - Dormant

Hybrid is the path to mediocrity, only with focus can you achieve your true potential.

nvm this post. I've already chosen to be an ice/lightning wizard.
    I'm going to max both attacks.