Conversation Between zigkid3 and penguinzrock

13 Visitor Messages

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Car is an alternative name for an automobile and is also politically correct.
    Just because a word is shorter than a former word doesn't mean people are lazy or that it is politically incorrect.

I must once again bring up the fact that political correctness is also only used in context when separating entities and origins.
    So, it would be polite, formal, and educated to say you are from "America" and to use "America" as your country of origin, because it is correct in the sense of relations to every other political, racial, sexual, and international entity. Just like how "Australia" is interchangeable with "The Commonwealth of Australia."
  2. the correct term for car is automobile. but people just say car because it's easier. like USA and America
  3. "So you have proven my point that United States of America came before just saying America.

thanks for playing."

Your point was that "America" is not politically correct, which it is. Just because America used to be "The United States of America" doesn't mean it isn't politically correct. That's like saying the word "car" isn't politically correct because it was "carriage" before it was "motor carriage" before it was "motor car" before it was just "car" back in 1776.

Referring to the "United States of America" as "America" is politically correct, which is the opposite of your point.
  4. "It was a gradual cultural change, most likely. Any way you spin it, "America" and "United States of America" are interchangeable. "

so you are saying the United States of America can also be reffered to as America (because theyre interchangeable). you also claimed it was a gradual culture change from USA to just needing to say America. So you have proven my point that United States of America came before just saying America.

thanks for playing.
  5. I do not have a specific date for that time, the same way you do not have a date for when "The United Kingdom of Great Britain" became "The United Kingdom."
    It was a gradual cultural change, most likely. Any way you spin it, "America" and "United States of America" are interchangeable.
  6. then tell me at which point of time did the United States of America cease to be called the United States of America and instead became called America. and for what reason.
  7. The origins do not matter at this point in time because this is no longer the era in which America was founded. Therefore I live in America, and not the United States of America of 1776.
  8. "The country of America in which I live is also called the United States of America. They are interchangeable. "

But during the birth of the country. what came first? the chicken or the egg? surely one of the names is a derivative of the other.
  9. The country of America in which I live is also called the United States of America. They are interchangeable.
  10. So there is no country called The United States of America that exists or has existed? and if you say it did exist, then tell me why it doesn't any more, did it fall to another empire?
Showing Visitor Messages 1 to 10 of 13
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast