Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Capping Dex and Scrolling Equips Help

Default Capping Dex and Scrolling Equips Help

Anyone have a suggested on when I should cap my dex, and what equips I should go for and scroll? I have 150 based dex right now at level 118. I hare barely any good equipments, and hadn't scrolled anything. So suggestions?

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

150 base dex is INCREDIBLY high.

The most practical thing to do is restart. 150 base dex is just much much more than you'll ever need.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post

The most practical thing to do is restart. 150 base dex is just much much more than you'll ever need.
    And heres where mike disappoints you, but you still love him =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post

Also he pointed out what to buy/scroll...you skipped that.. ;/

What if your underfunded? I think dex less is so silly i have a friend who is dex less or very low dex he is pretty picky (wants godly stat equips..) and is poor when it comes to good quips he can barely equip a level 80 thief item at like 14x....really silly imo.. but w/e guess im not old and crazy..like some of you guys...i mean i could see if level cap was 120 still....but when you can get too 200....why not put more into dex? sure less hitting but you wont be some noob who can only wear 70-80 stuff and underfunded making the game horrible because people dont wanna sell there good item or you cant even wear them..lol

Capping dex doesn't mean you should go low-dex. It just means you should be smart with your stat allocations.

That's completely free. All it takes is a bit of time and thought.

In regards to the equips to obtain, that's impossible to tell until he restarts. No amount of equips can make up for 150 base dex on a thief. You're going to have too much dex, even with minimal stuff.
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 25th July 2011 at 06:11 AM.

Spoiler!

realy bad, but i used to think (3 years ago) that luk is not for dmg, dex is better....

Sorry to disappoint everyone but Tesi is right. 150 dex is way too high for him. It's easy to get dex. Zakum Helmet, Horntail Pendant, rings, equips that have dex from being clean, and a lot of other items. The best solution now is to restart the character. It's not worth spending the money to reset the stats unless he's gonna hope and pray that Nexon gets us a full AP reset. Yeah. Good luck with that.
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward

Quote Originally Posted by omarXRanger View Post
    Sorry to disappoint everyone but Tesi is right. 150 dex is way too high for him. It's easy to get dex. Zakum Helmet, Horntail Pendant, rings, equips that have dex from being clean, and a lot of other items. The best solution now is to restart the character. It's not worth spending the money to reset the stats unless he's gonna hope and pray that Nexon gets us a full AP reset. Yeah. Good luck with that.
    yeah... but not so much if your underfunded and also the level req. and time and effort to get up there..w/o any dex..makes it crud imo....since your talking about up to a bill or more for decent dex items..or more for W.Att...and people that don't donate and play legit..that will take a while...meso wise..

i'd rather be able to wear stuff atleast 10 levels below or ahead of me better to wear stuff you can afford to buy and enjoy the game then.. rather then wait for 3-6 months saving meso via merch or w/e to just to get like 30 dex/luck...and then wow you can wear 80 equips 130/140!!!! :O..then you gotta save up for more dex stuff or/and get good luck items with % and W.att stuff not to mention skill books...quiet a list of things...why add Dex too it?

but hey im the new guy..not some group of people who played Ms while there was only 3 jobs...and 120 was max?

Quote Originally Posted by CainDarkstar View Post
    yeah... but not so much if your underfunded and also the level req. and time and effort to get up there..w/o any dex..makes it crud imo....since your talking about up to a bill or more for decent dex items..or more for W.Att...and people that don't donate and play legit..that will take a while...meso wise..

i'd rather be able to wear stuff atleast 10 levels below or ahead of me better to wear stuff you can afford to buy and enjoy the game then.. rather then wait for 3-6 months saving meso via merch or w/e to just to get like 30 dex/luck...and then wow you can wear 80 equips 130/140!!!! :O..then you gotta save up for more dex stuff or/and get good luck items with % and W.att stuff not to mention skill books...quiet a list of things...why add Dex too it?

but hey im the new guy..not some group of people who played Ms while there was only 3 jobs...and 120 was max?

Need I say it once again?
    I'm not telling him to go low-dex. I'm saying he should simply be smart about stat allocations. There are plenty of +all stat/dex items that are free and easy to obtain. Also, you have a misconception that wearing stuff at your level is always best. It's definitely not. You should balance sacrificed luk with the rewards. Are the points into base dex made up by the gained stats from the higher lvl weapons? If not, then there's no reason to upgrade base dex.

Use low lvl armor stats to help equip a higher lvl weapon. Defense is completely worthless, and armor doesn't give much in the area of stat increase until you're rich enough to worry about %luk.

Finally, you're talking about playing casually and trying to save money. Think about this: it's free to upgrade dex later on or use lower level weapons now, but resetting out can cost hundreds of dollars.

Why is it so difficult to differentiate "low-stat/statless" from smart stat allocation?

Spoiler!

Zakum Helmets are easy to get. Scar/targa helmets are easy to get. Horntail Pendants aren't as easy but still an item most people can get. If you don't want a Horntail Pendant because it's too expensive there's the Mark of Naricain. That's an easy 10atk right there. Evo rings and lilin/resistance rings give stats too. Those easy-to-get items are right there. Think of this.

Zakum/Scar/Targa Helm ~15dex
    Horntail Pendant ~22dex or Mark of Naricain ~5dex
    Two evo rings is... 14 dex?
    Resistance/3rd Lilin 3dex
    Average clean top/bottom would be around 3-5dex?
    Add it all and you get 57-59 dex with a HTP and 40-42 dex with a MoN
    Spoiler!

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    But now I'm like screw that, I'm skipping to the part where Bella finally combines with Edward