Page 51 of 164 FirstFirst ... 41495051525361101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Minecraft

1st Minecraft Map
    Spoiler!

Guys, I got too far away from where I spawned. And I can't die, since I'll lose my items. What to do?
    by Cryopon

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

You can just switch the game modes. When I first started (and today, when I learned that spiders could now climb walls), I would build on peaceful, then explore on normal.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post

Guys, I got too far away from where I spawned. And I can't die, since I'll lose my items. What to do?
    Mine
    Find iron+redstone
    Melt iron down into ingots
    Make compass
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    1st Minecraft Map
    Spoiler!

I too was under the impression that torches and/or light made some force-field perimeter that monsters couldn't enter. All they do is prevent them from spawning in said perimeter. I suggest constructing a wide, easily recognizable landmark and putting all your stuff in a chest in the middle of it. Then get yourself killed. Once you do, make some landmark (like say, a tower of max height) to indicate that it's your spawn point (or just significant). Then quit, go into Cartograph (if you don't already have it, just google it) and make a map of your world. Now you know where you left off and where that is relative to your spawn.

Guys. I bought minecraft tonight. I did. I logged in with my own account, wondered why the hell I was lagging so much, then realized it was to get all the chunks updated, punched a squid to death, dyed some sheep and lol'd heartily before shearing them, then made a cake placed it on the foot of my bed and called it quits for the night. The next time I play I plan to get working on some music boxes in my library - maybe even make a whole room just full of them to mess around in (it's not like I use the redstone for much anyways). I'll also probably go venture into the Nether. Then my next major project will be to CONSTRUCT A BATTLESHIP.
    Someone made a MACHINE GUN already with the Dispenser block. AWESOMESAUCE.

Any SMP servers you guys play on?
    Last edited by Megadeus; 14th January 2011 at 11:50 AM.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Spoiler!

Tried playing Minecraft on a different computer :\

Also, it said that you only need to connect to the internet once after you download the game. So then, if I didn't have internet, how would I play the game after connecting once already?
    by Cryopon

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

you only need to connect to the internet to play online, play in a browser, or get updates

Spoiler!

Urg, new update fudged up servers to laggyness

yea, the lag makes me freak out when it's turning night and my door won't even open
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I was conceived around 4-5am.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

So I hopped on that server that Fail suggested. He said that it4l, johnny, and him played so I went and tried it out. I got myself some wooden stuff and then slept (read: logged off) for the night at "Kenny's Inn" along with leaving a sign by the headboard explaining the presence of a few peasant's items.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

I am so gonna do this in singleplayer (with invedit, duh)
    http://www.minecraftforum.net/viewto...=1020&t=137361

Also the SMP server is down or something.
    Butts.

213 181 178 166 165 164 162 152 147 135 134 130 125 123 123 120 120 104 100 100