Thread: Max Damage Cap Increase: +5000 <- What does that mean?

Default Max Damage Cap Increase: +5000 <- What does that mean?

I have a weapon that has a bonus potential of Max Damage Cap Increase: +5000. What does that mean exactly?

Instead of your damage cap being 999,999 it is 1,004,999.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonkirby View Post
    Instead of your damage cap being 999,999 it is 1,004,999.
    Oh, really? That's cool. I have two of the same weapon, but one has this bonus potential with a weapon attack of 103 and the other weapon, while not having the bonus has a weapon attack of 113. Which should I use?

Chances are you won't be hitting 999,999 damage anytime soon. As a result of that, use the weapon which will give you a higher range (Which, in this case, will be the 113 attack weapon).

This depends on what the actual potential is on these items and whether you can equip them though.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Max damage cap increase is only useful if you actually hit the damage cap. It's also only really useful if you get something that increases your max damage cap by 50k+, since 5k damage is pretty negligible when you're doing 1m damage per hit.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Quote Originally Posted by Phazonkirby View Post
    Chances are you won't be hitting 999,999 damage anytime soon. As a result of that, use the weapon which will give you a higher range (Which, in this case, will be the 113 attack weapon).

This depends on what the actual potential is on these items and whether you can equip them though.
    Quote Originally Posted by emailbox View Post
    Max damage cap increase is only useful if you actually hit the damage cap. It's also only really useful if you get something that increases your max damage cap by 50k+, since 5k damage is pretty negligible when you're doing 1m damage per hit.
    Oh, okay. That does make sense. Thank you for your help =D