Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Obama Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    Who? Obama and the girl?
    No, the rug and the chair in the background.

And notice Romney standing there to the sides. Hell I have no idea what Romney looks like

Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    And notice Romney standing there to the sides. Hell I have no idea what Romney looks like
    That's not him...Please try not to say things like that when you have no idea what you're saying >_>

http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/t...l=1#post892742
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    People need to realize that president's don't come from a 1-room log cabin with awesome beliefs and good morals anymore. STRONG? George W. Bush was pretty strong, sent us into war "cuz they attacked us", did pretty good for the steel industry(like all republicans), and he did that no child left behind thing, yet he is still called horrible. There will never be another president like Lincoln (stood up for slaves while being republican, while tons of people opposed freeing slaves) or FDR. Politics has become a lying game and the only way to become president is be dirty. By the good graces of God obama became president because he appeals to the younger people, women, and minorities, which is a large amount of followers.

TL:DR, Gone are the days of a president being born poor, working his way up, learning good values and lessons from real people. Yet people still expect a saint to become president.
    You need to expand your knowledge to beyond the states. There are systems where you get leaders who either truly believe in what they're preaching or atleast have the incentive to follow through on that. Obama, nor Romney, including most of the politicians in the US don't need to answer to their constituents, since they can throw an endless flow of campaign donations from lobbyists and come out ahead in a two man races. The idea is to make the average citizen, no matter how apathetic and retarded they can get, more important than corporate donations. In other words campeign regulations and easier ballot access laws, two main issues that will never be resolved by current leaders but by the citizens actually doing something about it.

Either way, the defeatist attitude of leaders inevitably being scum and accepting that your vote is going down the cleaner toilet is a sure sign of a **** democracy that some 3rd world nations share.

Quote Originally Posted by Sayo View Post
    PR I'm sorry to ask you this, but what's the deal with you and Israel? You don't seem supportive at all every time you mention about the foreign policy regarding the two from the US.
    If I don't support the right wing views of the conservative party of Canada nor the corrupted insane views of the republican party why would I support the fascist views of the Likud party that seem to keep winning their nation's free and fair elections? They don't have any interest in a peaceful resolution with their neighbors, incite war and create conditions that are unfit for life when it comes to Palestine. I just don't understand how a nation built on such a frightening and unfortunate history in WWII can find their government's ultra-nationalist policies acceptable.
    Also you forgot to mention about the repeal of Don't Ask Don't Tell. You don't think that's not a big feat especially within the military for a country that still discriminates homosexuality in majority of the country?
    The LGBT community forming their own lobbying group gave Obama the intensive to come out in support of gay marriage and DADT in light of a lot of opposition. I'd rather that not be norm since that'll create a mainstream culture of lobbying in politics rather than changing it all together.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixRider View Post

If I don't support the right wing views of the conservative party of Canada nor the corrupted insane views of the republican party why would I support the fascist views of the Likud party that seem to keep winning their nation's free and fair elections? They don't have any interest in a peaceful resolution with their neighbors, incite war and create conditions that are unfit for life when it comes to Palestine. I just don't understand how a nation built on such a frightening and unfortunate history in WWII can find their government's ultra-nationalist policies acceptable.
    To be honest, I recalled that the whole issue with the world's jewish population wasn't well-thought of after world war II, but at the same time, the palestinians basically became 100% opposed of having israel set up, causing war. And several wars too

To be honest, I recalled that the whole issue with the world's jewish population wasn't well-thought of after world war II, but at the same time, the palestinians basically became 100% opposed of having israel set up, causing war. And several wars too
    Try not to misinterpret historical facts and the point of my post. Although it wasn't popular to break up the british mandated nation of Palestine the following wars stemming from the civil war you should look up. With that said I have no clue what you're referring to in my post. I don't think you understood what my point of, or even the examples I was making. What does the ultranationalist political parties that have had a firm control of the nation for decades have to do with the conflict of the creation of the nation. I'll flesh my post out a bit more to get the idea across a bit better

They don't have any interest in a peaceful resolution with their neighbors
    From the Golan heights and their conflicts with Syria and their impending conflict with the new government that'll find it's way there, to the conflicts to their staunchest Allies in the western world. Israel can be credited to the rise of Hezbollah since it was because they refused to remove military forces from southern Lebanon that gave that unfortunate organization the pleasure of forcing them out of Lebanon. There's Syria like I mentioned and their refusal to hand over the Golan heights, and similar issues with Egypt where an ironically open handed Mubarak wasn't met with the same civility and as his tyranny ended Israel weren't supportive of the new democratically elected government. Then there are the disputes with Israel's military ally, Turkey. Since raiding the turkish flotilla from an aid group in international waters, giving false reports that contradicted the evidence from that event and rejecting UN reports of that time, they obviously tore the healthy relationships between the two. Doesn't help that Israeli officers are training the Iraqi kurdish terrorist factions who're warring with Turkey. Avoiding the obvious, of them not trying to deal with the more peaceful PA by atleast freezing the illegal settlements in east jerusalem and the westbank, they're constantly a thorn to the US and EU. Shown perfectly when French president Sarkozy and Obama were discussing Netanyahu and his policies at the G20 in Cannes.

incite war and create conditions that are unfit for life when it comes to Palestine.
    This one is obvious. Publicly discussing the urgency of war with Iran for nuclear bombs that do not exist and have been confirmed aren't being made. Just creating nuclear energy is a basis for war for one of the few nations that haven't signed the NPT for their own nuclear weaponry. Pushing the hands of the US, Canada and anyone else in ears length to start an unneeded war. Israel has also confirmed that they're assassinating Iranian nuclear scientists and outside of the current Iranian conflict they've used these assassinations quite often. Including the assassination of a Palestinian official in Dubai a couple of years back. The war in Lebanon in 2006. I think it's common knowledge by now how Gaza and the west bank's condition isn't fit, even by the UN standards and only recently did the government allow some UN aid relief through the border but not nearly enough. A perfect example of inciting war is just this month when they assassinated a Hamas official which then caused another war just before an upcoming Israeli election. These are a few prime examples, keeping in touch with the politics of the region will make it obvious that run and gun politics of Netanyahu and his predecessor Olmert along with those before him do nothing but destabilize the region and create more conflicts and human rights violations. To the point that it often overshadowed violations of past dictatorial governments in the arab world.