Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Sean's Guide to a Perfect STR Mage
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sean's Guide to a Perfect STR Mage

Icon4 Sean's Guide to a Perfect STR Mage

[ V. 1.2 ]: Edited some common errors/mistakes.
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------
    STARTING STATS:

STR: X
    DEX: X (preferably higher than 5)
    INT: X
    LUK: 4 or 5

Pros of a STR Mage
    - Just like a Perma-Noob except with much more damage + benefits
    - Quite fun once you get into it!
    - Very popular at PQ's!
    - Great defense!
    - With good foundation (Mesos), you will do awesome damages.
    - Thanks to many updates, you have more weapon choices.
    - You will be able to do all the quests Beginners can't do!
    - Best of all, you will be UNIQUE and POPULAR!

Cons of a STR Mage
    - Trust me, STR Mages cost lots of $$$ to raise (if you want a decent one)
    - Good weapons like Frozen Tuna is essential!
    - Good equips like STR+15 & up Robes are needed!
    - You cannot wear official mage-equips because you will lack quite a bit in LUK areas.
    - Sometimes very frustrating and hard to level up.

Stat Distribution

-STR+DEX HYBRID [RECOMMENDED]-
    [+INT until you have 20 INT.]->[+4 STR, +1 DEX.]
    You may choose to [+3 STR, +2 DEX.] until Level 30 too.

-TOTAL STR-
    Warning: You may seriously lack ACCURACY!
    [+INT until you have 20 INT.]->[Obviously, +5 STR]

-HP-Hybrid-
    [+2 STR, +2 HP, +1 DEX Until 30]->[+4 STR, +1 DEX] or [+3 STR, +1 HP, +1 DEX].

Skill Distribution [Total 67 AP]

[Improving MP Recovery Up to 5] ->

[Improving MAX MP Increase MAX] ->

[Magic Armor MAX] ->

[Improving MP Recovery MAX] ->

[Magic Guard MAX] ->

[Energy Bolt Up to 1]

You can switch around Magic Guard and Improving MP Recovery. This is not big of a deal.

When you reach LEVEL 30, visit Grendel the Old and advance to a CLERIC! If you want to be REAL creative and try out F/P or I/L STR-Mages, go ahead. Just be cautious that you will be not as effective as a Cleric.

Cleric Skill Distribution

30- Teleport +1 - 1 (*EDIT* Some people put Heal in this just for fun, but I do not recommend it b/c Teleport can make your life easier!)
    31- Heal +3 - 3
    32- Heal +3 - 6
    33- Heal +3 - 9
    34- Heal +3 - 12
    35- Heal +3 - 15
    36- Heal +3 - 18
    37- Heal +3 - 21
    38- Heal +3 - 24
    39- Heal +3 - 27
    40- Heal +3 - 30 (Complete)
    41- Invincible +3 - 3
    42- Invincible +2 - 5 / Bless +1 - 1
    43- Bless +3 - 4
    44- Bless +3 - 7
    45- Bless +3 - 10
    46- Bless +3 - 13
    47- Bless +3 - 16
    48- Bless +3 - 19
    49- Bless +1 - 20 (Complete) / Mp Eater +2 - 2
    50- Mp Eater +3 - 5
    51- Mp Eater +3 - 8
    52- Mp Eater +3 - 11
    53- Mp Eater +3 - 14
    54- Mp Eater +3 - 17
    55- Mp Eater +3 - 20 (Complete)
    56- Invincible +3 - 8
    57- Invincible +3 - 11
    58- Invincible +3 - 14
    59- Invincible +3 - 17
    60- Invincible +3 - 20 (Complete)
    61- Teleport +3 - 4
    62- Teleport +3 - 7
    63- Teleport +3 - 10
    64- Teleport +3 - 13
    65- Teleport +3 - 16
    66- Teleport +3 - 19
    67- Teleport +1 - 20 (Complete)
    68~70- Put the rest of the SP to any skill you like^^

*Remember, STR-Clerics NEED to master Heal soon. Strictly follow this build for the ultimate STR-Mage!

-I am not going to bother writing all the weapons down. All you need to know is that through Level 10~30, you can stick with Frozen Tuna and switch to Roses, Snowboards, etc. on the way. Many of you, I bet, probably know which weapon is the best for their level-
    *Remember to get any equips that raise your STR, HP, W.ATK or DEX (preferably STR+ and W.ATK+-I really recommend a Scrolled Red WG for this).

Hope I helped you out! I know, STR-Mages may sound silly or you may just simply hate weird builds. However, they are really good and fun to play on. Real creative, too!
    If you have any questions/comments or if you spotted an error, please comment/reply and I will do what I can! Thanks, and Happy Mapling!

EXPERIENCE:
    -Level 48 STR-Mage in KMS (Korean MapleStory)-
    <span style=font-family: Georgia><font size=3><font color=Green><b>NOMNOMNOM</b></font></font></span>

I hope this is all written off of experience, we have a few STR mages here with much experience who would might be willing to contribute. GreenMidori = Pro arse str mage.
    Gone with the wind

Quote Originally Posted by pyrofyr View Post
    I hope this is all written off of experience, we have a few STR mages here with much experience who would might be willing to contribute. GreenMidori = Pro arse str mage.
    Yeah, had a Level 48 STR Mage on KMS^^
    <span style=font-family: Georgia><font size=3><font color=Green><b>NOMNOMNOM</b></font></font></span>

Glad to see another STR mage guide apart from the sticky by Hyper-Hal.

I'm going F/P, just because it's more challenging. Plus I'm very bored and I already have a cleric.

Drake

Obviously, you haven't checked out the STR Mage sticky.

Heal doesn't work in correspondece with it's skill mastery. It's with INT. If you don't have good M. Attack, your heal will be pitiful. Better to leave it at 5 and master Invincible and Bless first, then go ahead to teleport, and finish 1st Job skills.
    Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeGuy View Post
    Obviously, you haven't checked out the STR Mage sticky.

Heal doesn't work in correspondece with it's skill mastery. It's with INT. If you don't have good M. Attack, your heal will be pitiful. Better to leave it at 5 and master Invincible and Bless first, then go ahead to teleport, and finish 1st Job skills.
    Nope. I tried it.
    STR Mages don't need Heal as an Attack Skill -_- OK, lol, do you think any of the Party leaders would invite a STR-Mage w/o Heal into Monster Carnival or Ludi PQ? Naw.

Drake

;; That's not what I'm saying. With only 20 INT, your Heal will only heal 6-20HP. Go to the Str Mage Sticky. There's a whole debate on whether it heals or not. There's even a STR Mage that has Mastered Heal and tries it out on Youtube. Doesn't Heal all of HP. Might as well go master Bless for you AND your party members.

Secondly, I don't remember having to party a Cleric in Carnival PQ just because of heal. If you do, that's really sad.
    Spoiler!

Also, Cleric is not the best option AT ALL if you go STR mage; Poison is.
    Gone with the wind

Drake

Technically, 2nd Job is easier as Cleric since you have Bless and Invincible.

But yeah, at 3rd Job, Poison Myst makes things pass a lot faster.
    Spoiler!

Support Cleric could work in theory, but in that theory you would be relying on others, thus negating it's usefulness.
    Gone with the wind