Thread: How do the NX skill books work?

Default How do the NX skill books work?

I'm making an Evan now and I have enough NX to buy all 3 of the Evan skill books from the CS, so I was wondering how they work, are they instant max lvl books, or is there like a lvl 10 book then a lvl 20 book like other skill books?

Max level books, and they work 100%. However, I personally think the only one worth the money is Magic Guard.

Double click.

Quote Originally Posted by Neothisis View Post
    Double click.
    I kinda knew that :P, but I'm debating what will be more worth it, critical magic seems nice as well.

Magic Guard.

Here's the entire process:

Buy the package of your choice. (Wand or Staff, doesn't matter)
    Export it from the Cash shop to your inventory.
    Double click on the package in your inventory. (While out of the Cash sop)
    Obtain the book, & Scroll.
    Drop the Book on the Magic guard skill.

Done.

Also, Critcal magic isn't until after 50 I believe. So it's not worth buying before you have it. (Or at least are 1 level from it)

Critical seems kind of irrelevant for mages. Consider the fact they still really can't boss well, so extra damage past training OHKO marks seems pointless. I figure the 5 points are a nice bonus, but not worth the 2-3 bucks to continue with it.

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    Critical seems kind of irrelevant for mages. Consider the fact they still really can't boss well, so extra damage past training OHKO marks seems pointless. I figure the 5 points are a nice bonus, but not worth the 2-3 bucks to continue with it.
    I was just saying since a friend who no longer plays MS gave me his $10 card, and since I was in the process of making an Evan I figured why not. One thing though, would have maxed magic guard alter my build in in that I won't be able to max stuff I would be able too previously?

Also, Abyss pretty much answered it for me, I wasn't asking how you acquire them, so much as how they worked/what they did.

Thunder God

Quote Originally Posted by White Mage Abyss View Post
    Hahahahahahahahah. Wow. Just Wow.

It's amazing the amount of Evan ignorance on this board.

The two skills that enable Evan to be powerful are Critical Magic and later, Magic Mastery. Critical Magic pops up very often and the damage increase is very good. Best of all, it stacks with Sharp Eyes (when it does, it's truly awesome). With critical magic, I was able to hit 45-60k on gallos at around level 110. When you are hitting 8 targets and 3-4 of them are criticals, it makes a big difference. It means 50% 2hko Skeles at lvl 120 when any other mage is definitely 3hko.

And as a note LZ, you can max every skill as an Evan no matter when you decide to actually add points.
    Quote Originally Posted by kaglover1 View Post
    I'm quitting maple for good

Quote Originally Posted by Thorr View Post
    And as a note LZ, you can max every skill as an Evan no matter when you decide to actually add points.
    Very nice o.O, but Evan is the only mage class so far that I've seen that has above and beyond good bossing potential.