Page 368 of 411 FirstFirst ... 268318358366367368369370378 ... LastLast
Results 3,671 to 3,680 of 4110

Thread: The -Official- "OMG LOOK WHAT I FOUND" Thread. (screenshot required)

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Found this Maple Claw in the FM for 7m, couldn't resist. Opinions / What should I do with it?
    That's karma. Lol@you for being scammed so easily.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Huh? What do you mean? How was I scammed?

Huh? What do you mean? How was I scammed?
    The price of Maple Claws is no way 7mil. I bought my claw after the Xmas event (Last Saturday actually) for about 2mil, and a Maple Gun during the event for 1mil.
    Spoiler!

My art blog

Well as I've told my Brother. Once they release the Throwing-star heavy class, prices for these will shoot way up. (Don't say they aren't going to, you're not the owner of this game. And I'm pretty sure, with the 1:15 rates in bello, that would make a Hammer worth 60m, and that would make the Claw automatically worth 10m+

Well as I've told my Brother. Once they release the Throwing-star heavy class, prices for these will shoot way up. (Don't say they aren't going to, you're not the owner of this game. And I'm pretty sure, with the 1:15 rates in bello, that would make a Hammer worth 60m, and that would make the Claw automatically worth 10m+
    Don't say they are, you're not the owner of this game either.
    Also, the fact that you have a hammer slot on that doesn't increase the value of it at ALL, since it's not even a mid-game weapon.
    Anyway, they already released TWO Thief-based classes (Yup, Night Walkers = "throwing star heavy class"), and kMS hasn't released/announced ANY new classes since the Mech (which was last November? or so), and thus gMS will not be getting new classes until about 3-4 months after kMS does. By then your claw would've gone down in price yet AGAIN thanks to the Anniversary event where everything drops Maple weapons.
    FINALLY, with Big Bang, NLs got severely nerfed (no more 200% damage crits, thank you), and so there are not a lot of newer Assassins/Hermits who will be needing lower leveled equipment.
    And thus that makes the Maple Claw worth practically nothing.
    Grats on self-scam.
    Last edited by emailbox; 26th January 2011 at 07:45 AM.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

Thanks Email.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

This is generally a pretty big misconception. The cost of development rarely equates to the end result. For example, GFA60%s are about 8m. Logically, a 6 att 0 slot glove would be worth 24-40m, right (6x3 for worked, 6x5 for used)? Or a 10 attack 0 slot glove would be just 40m. That's not necessarily how things work. Scrolls, cubes, hammers, karmas, etc, generally have an exponentially greater impact on higher value items. The prices in FM do not add up, they multiply out.

You have a point about the "demand" aspect of the market, but it's somewhat misconstrued. Like I said above, the increase in price from demand will increase exponentially. Relatively cheap items don't gain a lot of value, but are a somewhat safer investment. For example, 60% gun attacks went from about 3m to 3.3m. A 10% increase is noticeable, but by no means massive. Security will only lie in quantity or sure quality. The safety of these investments came when people purchased a great deal of the scrolls. Scrolls can be used on low level equips and high level equips, but they'll go away no matter what. Equips must be "destroyed" to completely lose value.

I am not the owner of the game, but after months of heavy (and I do mean HEAVY) merchanting, I feel it's safe to predict that prices will not "shoot way up". They will most likely rise minimally for those common items, but the profit won't be anything substantial (it may not even be enough to justify the original price). Early game weapons rarely pay off, and that's why I have a hard rule of setting a 10% budget for early gear (assuming you have some external funding).

Spoiler!

Alright, I am planning to drop two 30% claw atks, and if they both work, finish with 50 and 60%s.

Alright, I am planning to drop two 30% claw atks, and if they both work, finish with 50 and 60%s.
    I don't think you get it. A well scrolled Maple Claw is still worthless. No one would bother to buy something that's not even going to last them to mid game (which is around 90+), let alone one that's overpriced because the seller thinks it's well scrolled.

bolt202/veil225/feint200

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Er.....Don't 30% a maple claw O.o

35-50 takes what...a day? You're basically throwing away money at this point. Even the very rich don't do stuff like this. They got rich because they were able to AVOID money traps. Let's say every single 30% works on the next 9 slots. You'll have a 65 attack claw. That won't even beat a 60%ed 107 alien claw. (if we're assuming every 30% works, it's pretty realistic to assume that every 60% will work too). The value of the claw won't increase by much, even if you land a couple 30%s on it. Compare that to 30%ing a craven. Land 2 30%s on a craven and you've easily quintupled your mesos.

1. You won't make money by 30%ing the claw. The final selling price will barely cover the cost of the scrolls+claw, even if you get pretty lucky.
    2. You won't use this claw long, even if you do scroll it pretty well. Instead of 1 hitting the monsters, you'll 1 hit the monsters with slightly higher damage.

Spoiler!