Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: MapleStory Unknown Error

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Default MapleStory Unknown Error

I'm getting some big negative number (right after I load BlackCipher), and I'm wanting to know why it's doing this. It did it on two different computers, and loaded maple before. What's different (I did load it using the maple installer, rather manual than a website like FilePlanet but that can't be it)? How can I download this so it'll do something different?

Also, is my AntiVirus interfering?
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 29th May 2012 at 01:30 AM.

The actual number might be helpful.

Okay, I'll try to re-download and simulate things. (Knowing my internet this might be by tomorrow)

Quote Originally Posted by DlPSHl7 View Post
    The actual number might be helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    Okay, I'll try to re-download and simulate things. (Knowing my internet this might be by tomorrow)
    I'm confuzzled o_o

Can't you just like take a screencap of the error message or something? There may or may not need you to redownload the entire thing...
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss

Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 30th May 2012 at 05:26 AM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

The shortcut is supposed to take you to the Maple webpage, that's not a glitch, so don't worry too much about that. Click play and let it load; it may take a while, especially if you're running as slowly as it seems.
    You can also try using the gamelauncher to start Maple with the old login screen.

In regards to the hackshield errors, we do need specific numbers to figure out what's going wrong.
    Last edited by Tesiqurasa; 30th May 2012 at 05:31 AM.

Spoiler!

Yay! Ummm, somehow it works.

I exceptioned PMB, then uninstalled and reinstalled WSE. Somehow that, and waiting for the installs to finish let it do its thing. I saw the maple start screen.

Correction, it did work. Now I get this error.

The only thing I changed was getting rid of my main character.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 30th May 2012 at 10:59 PM.

That occurs when Hackshield can't access the internet and update itself. I solved that problem by temporarily disabling my antivirus (AVG Free 2012) every time I started Maple, but that was fixed (either Maple or AVG was fixed). If that doesn't work for you, it could be a firewall problem (which I doubt) or Hackshield just being retarded.

I looked that one up.

This.

Megaupload is down and you probably don't need it anyway. Added the line of text mentioned in. I downloaded the file mentioned later elsewhere, sending the HackShield in question the, and making a new one. I ran it from the launcher, and ended up putting the old one back back on. No such problems anymore.

The only problem I ever get, is that I still can't really run it through as proxy, which I'd want because it's more secure from hacks. I'll see if I can look stuff up on that subject.

Omg, I actually found this on my searches (I'm looking for a way to run Maple from Firefox rather than IE so I can use my proxies).

How to Run "MapleStory" Without a Hack Shield

By C.J. Burry, eHow Contributor , last updated June 14, 2011

The only way to play the massively multi-player online role-playing video game "MapleStory" with cheats and hacks is to disable the hack shield for the game. This can be done via the administrative options from your desktop. Though "MapleStory" does frown on using hacks during play, it is not against the terms of service, so hacks can make the game much more enjoyable.
    Wow, ummm, this guy is writing for eHow?