Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Lexy's Look at Getting RICH! [longer] - Page 8
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Thread: Lexy's Look at Getting RICH! [longer]

Quote Originally Posted by Caru View Post
    I just went and checked, I should have guessed it his name is Rob...his head is reaaaaallly big, I dont see how he can get away with all those roberies...

So far, he hasn't run away w/ my 5M yet! :p

O, and compare your head to his....^^

Phantom Watch

Mine's bigger

tl;dr

In other recent news, this is sadly like every other getting rich guide I've seen, in the sense that although it teaches you 'what to do' it doesn't offer much, since none can. IT leaves out the best kept secrets, as after all who could share those... most of these are just farse... zigkid's was close though, since it did have one big thing it kept pushing that was important, "Act like a Jew", not to be bigot, but it's common knowledge that most Jewish people(Actually it's a typical standard held to all, but it's just a sect) hoard money like crack, and are very impartial with getting rid of it. That's the way to become rich.

The best advice though, is to check places like BasilMarket and SW, and buy **** that you KNOW is cheap, then sell it later for higher.

For example, I bought the following in a day on BasilMarket, and it would be great profit if resold :
    2 Bow of Magical Destruction's 81 Attacks. (1 for 500k, the other for 1.5m)
    30 10% Bow Scrolls (100k ea)

Those BoMDs are worth at least 2million a pop, and I could probably get away with near 4. The 10% bow scrolls, are worth 200~250k a pop. Right there that's a profit of 6.5mil, with an investment of a scant 5mil. You can find many psychotic bids on there, that just go passed up because they're 'mediocre' items or aren't seen much on there, and once you bid for those, snipe em, what have you, you get a great deal. :] Reselling ain't that hard either :P I got a 60% staff scroll for 200k earlier as well.

Phantom Watch

Quote Originally Posted by Teleclast View Post
    tl;dr

In other recent news, this is sadly like every other getting rich guide I've seen, in the sense that although it teaches you 'what to do' it doesn't offer much, since none can. IT leaves out the best kept secrets, as after all who could share those... most of these are just farse... zigkid's was close though, since it did have one big thing it kept pushing that was important, "Act like a Jew", not to be bigot, but it's common knowledge that most Jewish people(Actually it's a typical standard held to all, but it's just a sect) hoard money like crack, and are very impartial with getting rid of it. That's the way to become rich.

The best advice though, is to check places like BasilMarket and SW, and buy **** that you KNOW is cheap, then sell it later for higher.

For example, I bought the following in a day on BasilMarket, and it would be great profit if resold :
    2 Bow of Magical Destruction's 81 Attacks. (1 for 500k, the other for 1.5m)
    30 10% Bow Scrolls (100k ea)

Those BoMDs are worth at least 2million a pop, and I could probably get away with near 4. The 10% bow scrolls, are worth 200~250k a pop. Right there that's a profit of 6.5mil, with an investment of a scant 5mil. You can find many psychotic bids on there, that just go passed up because they're 'mediocre' items or aren't seen much on there, and once you bid for those, snipe em, what have you, you get a great deal. :] Reselling ain't that hard either :P I got a 60% staff scroll for 200k earlier as well.
    No guide
    can offer
    anything.

Also, I included Basil Market a while ago, so no need for your addition.

In addition, if you know there are "best kept secrets," then you obviously know them.
    I didn't hide anything in my guide, so why don't you tell everybody what these "secrets" are?

Finally, Basil Market is NOT the best way to earn mesos.
    If you think so, you're either vtxstylez [basil god = fm average person], or you haven't gotten immersed in merchanting.
    I know you're going to ask why, so here's why:
    Basil takes time, and lots of it [up to 3 days for one item?]
    Basil never has the best deals. EVER. [I know this because I hoarded Basil for a while (meaning 4 four months)]
    FM has better deals overall, even if they are sporadic

In response to your basil examples, here's some FM examples:
    [Early dark scroll era] 30% shield luk for 40 mil, resold at 150 mil
    [late dark scroll era] 24 30% helm HP at 1mil each [these weren't HP, they were Helm INT, the typo-ed ones...], resold at 4 mil each
    11 attack wg at 11 mil [my friend got, not me...], resold at 165 mil
    35 atk kandayo [before 2nd anniversary] at 5 mil, resold at 60 mil
    Black Metus at 20 mil, sold at 90 mil
    Black Metus at 20 mil, sold at 95 mil

Don't accuse me of lying pls. I have screnies to back this up, only.... I have 100000 screenshots, and I don't want to dig into my archives unless I have a good incentive.

BTW, this post is in response to you insulting my guide in such a condescending manner.

Quote Originally Posted by firewizardjt View Post
    Lol that has got to be the most radical idea so far. What exactly do you do?
    sorry for the late answer lol but;

Me: Hi i'm green man
    person: lol
    Me: says green man
    person : ._.
    me: green man often talks in 3rd party
    person: Lols your cool, anyways, offer
    Me: Green man would like to offer.. 1.5mil
    person: But! i was advertising for 4mil!
    Me: Green man is sad D;
    Person: LOL alright <3333
    Me: -silent- Yesssssss
    person: fine 2mil
    me: ok =D

YEAAAAY tuna
    DAE314 SAID THIS

BYE DSH ILY <3 *kissy kissy*

Phantom Watch

Very late suggestion has been added! xD

green man got ksed by KSING MAN. MOI!

Finally, Basil Market is NOT the best way to earn mesos.
    If you think so, you're either vtxstylez [basil god = fm average person], or you haven't gotten immersed in merchanting.
    I know you're going to ask why, so here's why:
    Basil takes time, and lots of it [up to 3 days for one item?]
    Basil never has the best deals. EVER. [I know this because I hoarded Basil for a while (meaning 4 four months)]
    FM has better deals overall, even if they are sporadic
    I basil often, and up to 3 days? Far from, keep on the lists updated with your wishlist, etc, and after the first 3days you should have auctions ending almost everyday, and if you're decent at sniping, bam! Basil also DOES have the best deals by far, I've been using it for almost 2 years and have amassed around 300m just from that, however since I share accounts and have around 6main accounts (Can't choose a main...), I drain money quickly.

In response to your basil examples, here's some FM examples:
    [Early dark scroll era] 30% shield luk for 40 mil, resold at 150 mil
    [late dark scroll era] 24 30% helm HP at 1mil each [these weren't HP, they were Helm INT, the typo-ed ones...], resold at 4 mil each
    11 attack wg at 11 mil [my friend got, not me...], resold at 165 mil
    35 atk kandayo [before 2nd anniversary] at 5 mil, resold at 60 mil
    Black Metus at 20 mil, sold at 90 mil
    Black Metus at 20 mil, sold at 95 mil
    Those are all great examples and such, but unless you either have tons of owl's (Why waste NX when you can just buy mesos for that? :/), or tons of time it's pretty pointless, you have to be very very assertive, and look into everything to get great deals, elsewise you have to hold them for a bit to sell em for good prices, which makes it take a lot longer than basil anyway..

Don't accuse me of lying pls. I have screnies to back this up, only.... I have 100000 screenshots, and I don't want to dig into my archives unless I have a good incentive.
    The fact that you believe I'm going to accuse you of it, pretty much means you probably are lying, I don't give 2 craps as it won't help anyone else make money in the future.

BTW, this post is in response to you insulting my guide in such a condescending manner.
    Too bad if you felt that way, consider me a condescending bastard, for all I care. I'm not gonna sugar coat it, so don't expect it, if you can't deal with some criticism, don't post a guide. :/

Also, to add I wno't share my ways quite obviously because just like eveyone (Including you), I'm not done with them yet, your guide might have been decent, but the truth is, if you ever publicize a way to do something to a general mass, especially something like this, it not only adds to the competition, but it lessens the amount you can make, meaning that you then have to change your plans around to be able to maximize your money. The only other time someone would be stupid enough to do something like release information for making tons of money would be if there was no more money left in it.

For example, everyone now has guides on how to merchant, but that's only because there are now so many goddamn kids doing it, that one item goes throgh 5~6 hands before finally being sold, meaning that instead of making tha let's say 6m profit you'd originally make, 6 people will make 1m, slowing down your profits dramatically. Especially everyone going for scrolls, making other things a lot more profitable, to some extent, but it also means that now that we're in a down market where everyone stocks up on a specific product and noone has much money to buy more, or those that do don't want anything because it's all ****ing overpriced by kids wanting to get the most bang for their buck and going overboard...

There are still other awesome ways to make money, but it seems that those other ways won't be ours for long, so once some fur*** decides to start telling people, or it starts becoming ****ty, I won't bother sharing. I did share BasilMarket because although it's great, I didn't mention specific things, because there are certain things I go after, and since noone does or will know what my BasilMarket ID is, they won't know what I go after, but I do currently have over +2k rep on my main account, and around 200 on my secondary. I try and complete around 20~50 auctions a day, although often fall short, aiming for a certain goal and findnig cheap **** with no bids, makes good money. :] You can find some nice cheap crap on sleepywood too.

Phantom Watch

I'm not lying.

And as for my 100k screenies...
    Here's the first six archives [actually, the first one (pre-2006) is in a separate folder] of screenshots:

I made this thread to help people, not for personal gain [which you seem to have a positive view towards]
    You complain about certain "people" who hoard items and ruining the economy, and then you go off and brag about how you buy "certain items" that nobody else buys, and reselling them.
    Sure, your prices may be lower, but isn't that faster mesos for you? >_>
    Also, I still retain 200 mil pure [spread across 9 characters] as well as 300 mil [on my main alone] in items, so I'm not writing this as some last-ditch effort to show to the HS community that I'm still a merchant stuggling by with a few hundred thousand mesos.

Also, Basil takes more time than FM, being part of both communities, I can safely say this.
    Basil = continuous trades
    FM = 1 hr thorough purging each day [Scania = 1 hr, other worlds take even less time...]
    A typical scene in the FM:

If you have any more complains, to which I will gladly retort, please go to Hot Sands, not here.

P.S.: This has brought up a point: save mesos. Don't waste them, especially not to go scroll a ton of WGs [which I, of course, did, and lost 250 mil doing so... :)]

P.P.S.: I would've replied sooner, and with a much lengthier post, but I kept pressing "Submit Reply" before copying the entire post... and as a result, I was logged out of HS forums, and I had to retype it two times. ;[

P.P.P.S.: I'm dead serious about the Hot Sands thing. Go make a thread about me, and we can verbally battle over there, but not on this thread that was meant to help people.

P.P.P.P.S.:
    Randoms:

Dice

Don't forget the 'lost guard' quest in eos tower.
    You get 20 eos tower scrolls, and you can sell them for about 10-20k each.
    So you can get about 200k-400k daily.
    Lots of people in Scania.

"Awesome" Choose your own adventure 4.
    Part 4.2 coming soon. By soon, I mean probably never.

Spoiler!