Page 6251 of 7207 FirstFirst ... 52515751615162016241624962506251625262536261630163516751 ... LastLast
Results 62,501 to 62,510 of 72066

Thread: The Chat Thread

That video is still quite inaccurate, but portal is awesome so it can slide.

Also the girl playing it looks a bit of a mix between she wants to kick your ass, and she might be into science, good for the role.

Just hope they don't add some silly fanservice. If they ever do this.
    Spoiler!
    Gone with the wind

I want a drying pan now.

Always the Bridesmaid... bulmabriefs144's Avatar

Some ppl need to get a life.

http://behindthewall.msnbc.msn.com/_...reet?gt1=43001

If a kid can drive, and the parents own the car, and supervise, what's really wrong with letting them drive?

Back in pre-industrial America, somewhere between the early 1900s to 1920s or so, in rural areas, not only was it often allowed on small farms, but needed. If the dad gets sick while the mom is away, shouldn't the kid be able to drive a car over to the doctor's to get help? Phones weren't as prevalent. Sure now you can call people today on the cellphone but ironically our cellphone prevalence has led to an absence of homephones, so if you're in a dead zone or battery's low, it might be quicker to just rush over.

"Those poor children" who are getting the chance to drive early. I put off for a year because I thought I wasn't ready. It just meant one less year of driving and that I was worse than people my age. There are terrible drivers on the road, shouldn't we be training kids younger?
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 4th September 2011 at 09:36 AM.

it's funny because that kit got in trouble for skipping a day at the workshop instead of driving a car
    Quote Originally Posted by BarelyAwake View Post
    This thread quickly turned into who all wants to sex up Merciless.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Because a child driving on our crowded modern roadways isn't the same as 1920s rural farms. Not that a single, rural farming family would have a car in the 1920s.

Nearly all children are mentally and physically unable to safely operate a car. Dur

Spoiler!

I'm 18 have not taken the driver's test. (i'm like ..... with the Ontario age requirement) I wasted two years! I was planning to do it this summer so I can be over with it, school is starting in 2 days so i probably won't accomplish it this year.... I WASTED 3 YEARS ;-;

Quote Originally Posted by Tesiqurasa View Post
    Because a child driving on our crowded modern roadways isn't the same as 1920s rural farms. Not that a single, rural farming family would have a car in the 1920s.

Nearly all children are mentally and physically unable to safely operate a car. Dur
    Cuz american kids're stupid. Why mentally? Kid's learning is like 6 times ours. It's not that hard a skill either, gas to speed up, brake to slow, turning is intuitive, and parallel parking is often unnecessary so the only guesswork is understanding signs. Give up our stupid manual transmission and it's even easier. I'd agree psychologically, but not mentally.

Even back in the 1980s, it was still more or less the way of things. You'd have farms not really to the extent of rural 1920s but they at least had the ****ing sense to build farms well back from roads. And people's lawns? They'd have back yards that went into woods area. Not today. Now we have farms crossing into public streets and/or major highways, basically everything gridded into nice neat squares of road. You can thank Walmart for this, "let's develop rural land, take away their livelihood, make them dependent on our goods, and then skip town when there's no local business left." No wonder we now have super-crowded lands with no privacy, general recession, and a deep disconnect for nature in general. I'm not liking these "low prices."

Holy crap, I just found out Tesi knows nothing about the 80s cause he's younger than me.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 4th September 2011 at 11:12 AM.

Don't have a custom title so this space will have to do

Quote Originally Posted by bulmabriefs144 View Post
    psychologically, but not mentally.
    Can you do that?
    I mean
    is that a distinction that can be made

Click the above free music i am so artist
    Spoiler!

Mentally, as in it's too hard for them to learn because the knowledge is so complex that they need to be a certain age. I doubt that's the case.

Psychologically, as in coming to grips with the frightening experience of random ppl zooming at them (particularly trucks), inclement weather conditions (ice and snow), mountain and night driving. This is doable from a learning perspective but it may very well traumatize little kids.

On the other hand, backwoods driving for kids? Np, legalize it.
    Last edited by bulmabriefs144; 4th September 2011 at 11:19 AM.

We're in a heap o'trouble Tesiqurasa's Avatar

Yes, children of that age are too young to mentally grasp the complexities of driving. They simply have not developed to a point where they can process multiple scenarios and choose the most ideal outcome. This is a fact.
    I don't know why you keep bringing up farms either. The video showed a young child driving in a metropolitan area.

If you're really trying to argue that children should be able to drive outside of private land, then I suggest you simply stop existing on this earth. You're taking the "weird 2 b weird" stance too far

Spoiler!