Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Northern Illinois University Shooting

Quote Originally Posted by firewizardjt View Post
    Thats a good point, though instead of using arms as a deterrent, the police should simply be better trained and better equipped. The law should be made stricter with harsher punishments as deterrents. Then there would be no need for gun to protect yourself. Life isn't a battlefield.

And yeah, machine guns as protection is dumb...
    His point is the police wouldn't be there in the first place. Do you realize how huge and populated this country is? We can't have a cop on every corner at all times. We can't be you. We do not have the same mindset, we have higher crime rates, and the logistics just don't work.

People sick in the head that commit crimes aren't deterred by laws and punishments.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    His point is the police wouldn't be there in the first place. Do you realize how huge and populated this country is? We can't have a cop on every corner at all times. We can't be you. We do not have the same mindset, we have higher crime rates, and the logistics just don't work.

People sick in the head that commit crimes aren't deterred by laws and punishments.
    So everyone should be allowed to carry guns and shoot anyone they think is threatening? Not everyone has good sense and chance are, they will get guns.

So everyone should be allowed to carry guns and shoot anyone they think is threatening? Not everyone has good sense and chance are, they will get guns.
    Does that happen? No. We ARE allowed to carry guns but we don't go around shooting each other all the time. An argument doesn't make much sense when it's describing the current situation as something that could possibly happen and cause unspeakable horrors. The people that end up shooting each other are criminals. I'm telling you that I cannot recall any news stories where a sane person with a legal firearm shot someone with no good reason for it.

In fact, it's the police that we hear about going overboard. They're tasering old ladies and things. If the police are getting so aggressive, that makes me want to get a gun even more to protect myself from them. The average citizen does not carry a gun everywhere and does not shoot at anyone they find vaguely threatening.

Quote Originally Posted by Ulyana View Post
    Does that happen? No. We ARE allowed to carry guns but we don't go around shooting each other all the time. An argument doesn't make much sense when it's describing the current situation as something that could possibly happen and cause unspeakable horrors. The people that end up shooting each other are criminals. I'm telling you that I cannot recall any news stories where a sane person with a legal firearm shot someone with no good reason for it.

In fact, it's the police that we hear about going overboard. They're tasering old ladies and things. If the police are getting so aggressive, that makes me want to get a gun even more to protect myself from them. The average citizen does not carry a gun everywhere and does not shoot at anyone they find vaguely threatening.
    But why is it that the police are so retarded?

The point is that the country should work towards a situation where people wouldn't need guns to protect themselves. Is it coincidental that the only country which allows guns to be legally acquired is also the country with the most shootings and deaths from shootings?

But why is it that the police are so retarded?

The point is that the country should work towards a situation where people wouldn't need guns to protect themselves. Is it coincidental that the only country which allows guns to be legally acquired is also the country with the most shootings and deaths from shootings?
    That is impossible. Human greed (robbery), desire (rape), insanity(some insane crime)...those factors will never go away as long as human beings exist.

Easy, make it illegal, and anyone that doesnt turn in their gun= death sentence.

Oh god, I live 30minutes away. :[

"I hit her up, I say what up? She says the sky.
    I say whats good? She say McDonalds apple pie"

We Need A Hs Investigator. Go, Son, Goooo.

No Objections.
    DAE314 SAID THIS

BYE DSH ILY <3 *kissy kissy*

Pistols can be fun, but at the beginning of the journey, I always recommend the rifle first. Rifles are easier to learn, control, and maintain stability. They tend to weigh more, too. I was trained by Chris Sajnog in group coaching and Firearms training helped me gain self-confidence. I'm not going to lecture you on the importance of firearm safety, but I will say that if you have or little experience, you should take a firearm safety course.

bruh this thread is about a tragedy what the fack