Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Laggy on good comp, but doesnt lag at all on rubbish laptop

Default Laggy on good comp, but doesnt lag at all on rubbish laptop

I'm not sure whats wrong with my comp, it keep lagging for some reason when i try to watch a movie or a video. But it doesn't lag at all on my rubbish laptop. It started about a week or 2 ago, is there a way to fix that.
    Last edited by WubYou4ever; 22nd January 2012 at 03:38 PM.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by WubYou4ever View Post
    I'm not sure whats wrong with my comp, it keep lagging for some reason when i try to watch a movie or a video. But it doesn't lag at all on my rubbish laptop. It started about a week or 2 ago, is there a way to fix that.
    First, I would suggest updating your graphics card drivers.
    To do so, find out what make it is.
    Using start menu > dxdiag (use the search function in WIndows) and looking under "Display", finding your card ,and Googling for the drivers for that specific GPU.

Secondly, close out any programs that you don't need running. (Windows live / Aim / Skype / MSN / Steam) and defragmenting your computer. Your specs of your PC would help a lot, too.
    Does it lag on DVDs? Or just videos like Youtube and stuff ON your PC? Because if it's DVDs, the laser eye in your CD / DVD player can be going bad.

Is it an OLD PC? Or relatively new?

Can you give us the specs from both the good comp and the rubbish laptop?
    by Cryopon

Quote Originally Posted by rasudoken View Post
    Can you give us the specs from both the good comp and the rubbish laptop?
    The specs of the laptop are irrelevant, as ANY PC should be able to play videos. If the "rubbish" laptop can, then that means that there is a PROBLEM with the desktop, (or whatever the PC is having the lag) and that the laptop was used as a reference that it is the PC, and not what is being done ON it.

Specs of the lagging PC please.

Main Comp
    http://i44.tinypic.com/acvd74.png
    http://i44.tinypic.com/1zlrbso.png

rubbish laptop
    http://i39.tinypic.com/24zzr79.png
    http://i40.tinypic.com/vzcxzq.png

I usually have those programs open like always and it doesnt lag at all, and i play 2 games at once and watch some vid.

But now its just ms and the vid and the vid is laggy ( it finish loading the whole thing but when I watch it, it lag like walking in ch 1 fm on rubbish comp)

I even try different vid ( just incase only that one lag) but all of them are like that..so I guess there's something wrong with my comp.
    Last edited by WubYou4ever; 23rd January 2012 at 02:55 AM.

Spoiler!

Lmao.
    It might be your screen's bottlenecking the video if you're trying to play high-resolution stuff. 1080p material doesn't work too well sometimes on 720p monitors, for example.
    「僕たちの前にはいまだ巨大すぎる人生が、茫漠とした時間がどうしようもなく横たわっていた。 」
    "We live in a very special time: the only time where we can observationally verify that we live at a very special time." -Lawrence Krauss

Isn't 1920x1080 the same ratio as 1280x720?

Quote Originally Posted by blankaex View Post
    Isn't 1920x1080 the same ratio as 1280x720?
    Yes, both of them are 16:9 resolutions. Your computer is VERY good, and nothing is wrong (physically) with the hardware. Have you tried updating your GPU drivers yet? And do games lag on the PC? Or JUST videos? Try another monitor if any of this doesn't work, as it MAY be videos at higher resolutions are being scaled down to a lower resolution ,and for some odd reason ,your GPU can't handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Wyatt View Post
    Yes, both of them are 16:9 resolutions. Your computer is VERY good, and nothing is wrong (physically) with the hardware. Have you tried updating your GPU drivers yet? And do games lag on the PC? Or JUST videos? Try another monitor if any of this doesn't work, as it MAY be videos at higher resolutions are being scaled down to a lower resolution ,and for some odd reason ,your GPU can't handle it.

nah I dont lag at all on any game so far, its just the video

I think I fixed it after downloading videolan thingy but how come I dont need to download that on my laptop and still work fine.
    Last edited by WubYou4ever; 23rd January 2012 at 06:23 AM.

Spoiler!

Quote Originally Posted by WubYou4ever View Post
    nah I dont lag at all on any game so far, its just the video

I think I fixed it after downloading videolan thingy but how come I dont need to download that on my laptop and still work fine.
    Your media player may have trouble using the provided codecs to play the videos you are attempting to play. Are you using Windows Media Player?