43. You may not vote on this poll
  • LUK Bandit/Chief Bandit

18 41.86%
  • Spearman/Dragon Knight

25 58.14%
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: BEST for MELEE PWNAGE?!?!?!

Quote Originally Posted by pagan
    Which means although WK can level faster, they may lack purpose in leveling because they will lose out at zakum, doomflounder, papalatus, thanatos, gatekeeper, MDTs, sotongs, dypp....
    Could you be a bit more in depth in that area?
    Sure DK are more popular in the boss raids, but dont you think 20% off bosses attack and defence help too? Im not sure here, i wanna see if it is worth to use threaten against bosses.

Edite: never mind -__-" i heard threaten cant be used on bosses, unless they are wrong.
    ==============================

Lucida

1a) ya WK wins saders slightly in fire and lightning weak so they train faster.
    2a) WK also wins saders in saving money because of ice charge(freeze) and charge blow(perfect stun).

However,
    1b) WK loses by a lot more at their non elemental grounds. They lose to almost all class at neutral class (besides other mages which are also elemental). Which means although WK can level faster, they may lack purpose in leveling because they will lose out at zakum, doomflounder, papalatus, thanatos, gatekeeper, MDTs, sotongs, dypp....

2b) Yes WK are great at saving money. Unfortunately no matter how much you save/earn, you will still only win at elementals and still lose by quite a noticable amount at all non elemental grounds. Wizet knows this so they always give those elemental class great money making skills.
    Also, if you are lucky and always get good drops, any class can be rich.

====================================

COMA can be used in a variety of ways against high-hp monsters. Firstly, coma is 700%, panic is only 1225% so when there are two or more monsters, using coma would be more effective 700%*2=1400% more than panic. Plus coma can stun at 90% rate. (In comparison, For slash blast and powerstrike, it is draw at two monster 130*2=260%)

Method A of using coma,(save money, kill slower)
    You see a mob of monsters. You coma, leaving them stun, then you powerstrike one of them (or the one that is unstunned), once you charge up enough orbs, apply another coma again. Each monsters has received at least 1400% and should be at stun mode+dying(or already dead). Slash blast/PS away the remaining monsters.

Method B(kill fast, waste pots)
    Coma, slash blast 3 times(usually another 2 times will be final attack slash blast), then coma again, slash blast more.

Method C(left and right hand side)
    Suppose there is a mob of monsters on the left side and one monster on the right. Use coma on left mob, then powerstrike the right monster to death, return back to the left mob and coma + slash blast away.

Use shout if your orbs is not charged yet.

there's always lightning charge at 125%. dont underestimate that. zakum has arms weak to ice and fire. the rest, just use lightning charge. MDTs are fire weak as well. try to state better examples for god's sake....

oh and, try to use a bit of brains. those places you mentioned arent exactly the best places for training. sure, the bosses are good, but they arent visisted frequently. the best places to train at lvl 120 are: Grims, Gig Vikings. thats it. one is fire weask, the other is lightning weak. that means that WKs shine here, as you did say at fire weak and lightning weak monsters, WKs beat Saders. there.
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

Quote Originally Posted by eefie

there's always lightning charge at 125%. dont underestimate that. zakum has arms weak to ice and fire. the rest, just use lightning charge. MDTs are fire weak as well. try to state better examples for god's sake....

oh and, try to use a bit of brains. those places you mentioned arent exactly the best places for training. sure, the bosses are good, but they arent visisted frequently. the best places to train at lvl 120 are: Grims, Gig Vikings. thats it. one is fire weask, the other is lightning weak. that means that WKs shine here, as you did say at fire weak and lightning weak monsters, WKs beat Saders. there.
    threaten most likely wont work on boss.

Second, lightning without elemental advantage is 325%, much lower than a str bandit of 480%. In fact, no matter how much Wknight earn/save from ice charge or charge blow, they will always hit lower than all other class at neutral monsters (except for other mages without elemental adv as well), meaning they get ks everywhere they go and is mostly unwanted at big boss quest unless not enough players.

Right now, WK may be good but as more maps such as aqua dungeon is released, WK will suck more and more especially since they sux at damaging zakum, papalatus, doomflounder. In fact most boss wont have weaknesses so you can wonder why WK should bother leveling anymore. When a new map comes out that gives better/faster exp than grims and vikings but is neither fire or lightning-weak, WK will completely sux big time.

Drake

Crusaders vs. Chief Bandits:
    I know because I have a CB friend at level 109 with GODLY stuff and I saw this Crusader at Grims the other day...

The Chief Bandit does around 800-1000 damage PER HIT with Savage Blow. We're talking about 4800-6000 damage here. Because of lag, I don't know how long it takes for one Savage Blow to finish until you can do another one. If I'm right though, you just have to "hit" the monster once and all the 6 hits will land. The speed of Savage Blow is how fast you can attack with a normal attack.

A Crusader with 5 Orbs DOES 6k damage PER STRIKE. Now if my theory matches the above, a Crusader and the Chief Bandit do the same damage... except the Crusader can deal out that 25k damage to finish the monster off. xD Therefore Crusaders kill much faster than Chief Bandits, but Chief Bandits get to the other monsters faster.

Tiger did 15k PER HIT with Buster to THREE monsters. So from each attack, each monster got dealt with like 45k damage. That's crazy! That's nuts! THAT'S PWNAGE! Sure he was level 155+ and probably had the most godliest stuff ever (*cough*15wg*cough*7 10%scrolled FF*cough*) so yeah... I dunno what average DKs do.

Lucida

threaten most likely wont work on boss.

Second, lightning without elemental advantage is 325%, much lower than a str bandit of 480%. In fact, no matter how much Wknight earn/save from ice charge or charge blow, they will always hit lower than all other class at neutral monsters (except for other mages without elemental adv as well), meaning they get ks everywhere they go and is mostly unwanted at big boss quest unless not enough players.

Right now, WK may be good but as more maps such as aqua dungeon is released, WK will suck more and more especially since they sux at damaging zakum, papalatus, doomflounder. In fact most boss wont have weaknesses so you can wonder why WK should bother leveling anymore. When a new map comes out that gives better/faster exp than grims and vikings but is neither fire or lightning-weak, WK will completely sux big time.

i think u are a bit knocked up in the head.

i did not mention threaten, so why bring it up?

secondly, there's a skill called POWER STRIKE. guess you didnt know it existed eh? and no one said WKs had to train at neutral monsters. oh wait, i forgot, you are just trying to show how lousy WKs are eh?

no one said bosses were a MUST in maple. you can always have fun killing 20 grims at one go. and you should always have friends willing to let you have fun at Zakum, Doom Flounder and Papulatus. unless you are antisocial. then stop playing maple for god's sake, its a social game where you can make friends.

aqua dungeon monsters are all neutral except for lethal squid which is weak to poison. get some facts in your head pl0x.

and hey, guess what? by the time new maps come out that arent in JMS/KMS right now (those 2 have the best training maps, and all are either ice, fire or lightning weak), 4th job would be out. who knows; maybe Paladins get Holy Charge and Poison Charge. when that happens...you probably quit maple, because you cant get your Sader to level 70, and you cant take the blow.

HolyBirdy, Saders can do 8k damage with 1 PS and 5 orbs. i saw in vids. and so can WKs. in fact, WKs can do like 10k at vikings with PS. much more than CBs. but CBs are way faster, due to the speed of their attacks and all.

if tiger can do 15k damage per buster hit then....

its 170% per hit in case you wanna know. so for the full 3 hits, its 45k right? 45k is 510% damage. lets see, if a Sader can do such damage...

Panic damage with 5 orbs: 100k+ damage

i think he's stuff are more than just godly. or are you a bit blur as to how much he hits?
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

no one said bosses were a MUST in maple. you can always have fun killing 20 grims at one go. and you should always have friends willing to let you have fun at Zakum, Doom Flounder and Papulatus. unless you are antisocial. then stop playing maple for god's sake, its a social game where you can make friends.

aqua dungeon monsters are all neutral except for lethal squid which is weak to poison. get some facts in your head pl0x.

Where did i say all aqua dungeon monsters are neutrals?

Oh you can continue to have fun at training spots and kill 20grims at one go.

In any case, continue discussion here: http://www.hidden-street.net/forum/v...ic.php?t=40230

As you guys saw, this argument leads to one conclusion, All classes have their ups and downs. One class Cant OWN another because of one thing they are good at.
    ==============================