__________________________________________________ ___________
NEWS: 1/19/08 - After a slight hiatus, I will be updating the soundtrack. I'm currently running through the tracks and making a new list of files in sound.wz. Expect the newest update to come in less than a day!
__________________________________________________ ___________

This is my compiled soundtrack for Maple Story. It has been created through lots of patience and pseudo-hard work.

I used to ask people to donate characters in order to reach high level areas to "record" tracks from the game using line-in recording software and my own audio processor, but as of now that is no longer needed! I have succeeded in simply extracting the MP3 files directly from sound.wz (main Maple Story sound file). Not only was I surprised to find that all of their MP3 files were recorded in 80 and 24 kbps, but slightly alarmed that there were? 3738 of them! (Nowadays they have changed their sound file organization - there’s only 1766 of them - and even increased the bit rate of their newer musics to 128 and 192 kbps.)

Of course, only 108 of them to date are viable music tracks. One of them was a repeat, so on the current patch of Korean Maple Story there are 107 music tracks. This includes tracks that have not yet been placed in-game! Some will probably never be put in the game, so you have the treat of hearing those little tidbits that nobody else will ever hear (unless they download this soundtrack, of course).

There are currently 16 unidentified tracks. These are placed under the album "Memories of the Unknown." As they become identified, they will be moved to the other two albums. However, Wizet will probably be adding new unidentified music to all of their patches, so you may see a steady stream of "unknown" tracks. The CD has track title is intentionally created to look like a buggy beta build naming system. They'll become neat and organized when they're sorted into their respective albums, if ever.

Questions, comments, and all general feedback on the soundtrack can be sent to me at blog [at] thejasoneffect.net. Happy listening!

Click here for the soundtrack on my website.

Donations are now up! If you liked the soundtrack and appreciate the work put into organizing it, please donate. Every bit is appreciated. ;)
Click here to donate via Paypal.