Page 1 of 26 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Maple Story OST: Still Going!

Slime

Default Maple Story OST: Still Going!

__________________________________________________ ___________
    NEWS: 1/19/08 - After a slight hiatus, I will be updating the soundtrack. I'm currently running through the tracks and making a new list of files in sound.wz. Expect the newest update to come in less than a day!
    __________________________________________________ ___________

This is my compiled soundtrack for Maple Story. It has been created through lots of patience and pseudo-hard work.

I used to ask people to donate characters in order to reach high level areas to "record" tracks from the game using line-in recording software and my own audio processor, but as of now that is no longer needed! I have succeeded in simply extracting the MP3 files directly from sound.wz (main Maple Story sound file). Not only was I surprised to find that all of their MP3 files were recorded in 80 and 24 kbps, but slightly alarmed that there were? 3738 of them! (Nowadays they have changed their sound file organization - there’s only 1766 of them - and even increased the bit rate of their newer musics to 128 and 192 kbps.)

Of course, only 108 of them to date are viable music tracks. One of them was a repeat, so on the current patch of Korean Maple Story there are 107 music tracks. This includes tracks that have not yet been placed in-game! Some will probably never be put in the game, so you have the treat of hearing those little tidbits that nobody else will ever hear (unless they download this soundtrack, of course).

There are currently 16 unidentified tracks. These are placed under the album "Memories of the Unknown." As they become identified, they will be moved to the other two albums. However, Wizet will probably be adding new unidentified music to all of their patches, so you may see a steady stream of "unknown" tracks. The CD has track title is intentionally created to look like a buggy beta build naming system. They'll become neat and organized when they're sorted into their respective albums, if ever.

Questions, comments, and all general feedback on the soundtrack can be sent to me at blog [at] thejasoneffect.net. Happy listening!

Click here for the soundtrack on my website.

Donations are now up! If you liked the soundtrack and appreciate the work put into organizing it, please donate. Every bit is appreciated. ;)
    Click here to donate via Paypal.

Crimson Balrog

Nice!

Gotta <3 snowy hill.

edit: btw, is there a way to d/l them?
    Broa:
    CaptainFaith - 3x - Assassin

Jr. Necki

Wow, you are so nice...
    Power By MapleSEA

Just wondering, but why would the people have to die? O_o

Quote Originally Posted by Chesters
    Just wondering, but why would the people have to die? O_o
    I think because he doesn't want to run around and dodge enemies while he is recording the whole thing.. xD I might be wrong though... >.>

~Broa~
    FrostStar - Level 7x ~ Hermit ~ Active

Yay, I'm 70. o.o

~ Leader of the Heartless Guild. ~

Quote Originally Posted by 123nafets321
    Gotta <3 snowy hill.

edit: btw, is there a way to d/l them?
    right click and click save target as

Be very aware GameGuard, I will be hunting you down...
    Don't forget to check out my new game, PaperWorld!

The edit is happyvile is added! I love it so much... the music. <3

And if we were to record the lvl 50 areas we would have to die... well... I guess we could just like use a hell lot of potions and just get to a rope. (We would turn sound effects off like we did for most of them)

I'm playing WoW full time. LOLOLOLOL

Slime

The character will die if there are enemies around.

I record with Audacity, which uses my sound card to record the music (Which at this point is now a full-blown processor). I begin the recording early, and get into the room with the music. Maple Story is always windowed for this. Once the music has begun, I ignore Maple Story and monitor the RECORDING and not the GAME... so if a monster happens to be in the room and kills the character, I'm not about to leave the room and stop the music.

Once the recording starts and your character is in the room, I let nothing happen in terms of activity that might make the music stutter itself. In that light, I do not move the character. So it's really just standing there while I capture the music.

Of course, characters will not always die. If there is a safe spot that I can jump on that's close enough that I don't have to pressure the game to process anything other than music, then I'll move the character to that spot.

Once the music is captured, I will, if one is there, use a town scroll to get the character out of the dangerous area, or if it's easy enough just walk back to a safe area.

EDIT: Oh, and of course I turn off all other sound effects that might come from Maple Story or anywhere else on my computer.

I was gonna download El Nath today, but I didn't want to go searching for the first thread. Now that you've made another one with Happyvile, my search has been put to a stop. :D