View Poll Results: to find or not to find?

Voters
24. You may not vote on this poll
  • keep hunting and perform any rituals/human sacrafices nessesary

18 75.00%
  • buy it: live poor and look sexy

6 25.00%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: EW: to find or not to find?

Default EW: to find or not to find?

many have hunted werewolves for about 2k+ toenails and some for many levels. would it be wiser/easier to simply buy one? I want your opinions. Evil wings costs about 50mil. so spend 30mil+ on pots to hunt for one(and hold anticipation for weeks and months)? or just buy one?

juss buy one.....juss by killing the minster doesnt mean they will drop the item.....which leads u to get more pots to hunt, which waste a lot of money.

i think just keep killing, because they no only have other good drops, but the toenails, can yeld big big money if u get lucky on the exchange quest
    icys and 10% scrolls for glove attck 600k and 1.5mil pretty good.
    Good evening

It depends upon your class the ease in which you can hunt and kill werewolves. Therefore, if you're a fire/poison or ice mage, I suggest you hunt for it, because it's not THAT expensive.

As a fire mage, you can just keep knockbacking it and teleporting a few times to prevent it from scratching you.

As an ice mage, laugh at the werewolf and give it frostbite. Slam it's head with ice until it dies-nice and easy.

I'm a cleric looking for evil wings, and I find werewolves outrageously easy to kill, even without freezing/knockbacking it. Just teleporting around it and watching it die by magic claw is good enough for me.

I intend to find Evil Wings, as it's my favorite item (and in my honest opinion, dark ritual is ugly.) If you're a cleric, however, I suggest buying it..though you don't really need it.

If you're actually trying to go for damage, obtaining dark ritual is much easier, because Cerebrus are incredibly easy to kill, and seem to drop equips "often." They also spawn in more bulk, rather than the 1 werewolf per platform.

If you've hunted for 20 levels (which is what I'm soon to be doing...), and haven't found a single drop from the werewolves...just buy it. If you can keep killing werewolves without getting annoyed very easily at them...go ahead and hunt.

right now im desparate for a weapon that's 80+ magic atk (using a +7 100% ARC STAFF) since i sold my thorns because thorn will drop as low as 10mil because of rumors about ludi. I sold it now while its value is still high. I've also notice in sw.net, and many people in-game say they found ew after about 1.5k-2k toenails.

Drake

if you have money and patience hunt otherwise buy it. My friend is a 6x ice/lit mage and has been EW hunting. She's gathered over 7K toenails and not even one EW.
    MapleGlobal Beta:
    Ninjutsuboi: 37 Cleric KIA
    Genjutsuboi: 19 Rogue KIA

MapleGlobal Official: Scania Only
    Ninjutsuboi: 31 Wizard Basic Training
    Genjutsuboi: 56 Sin Active Duty
    Raijutsuboi: 18 Magician Reserve

Beginner

patience is virtue, one day when you don't expect it to drop, you'll find it

keep on hunting, i bet the drops can cover your pot usage:x
    My characters are never dead, they're just not so active:)

It's kinda dull killing Werewolves with and Ice Mage.

Way too easy. No friggin' challenge.

Also, I hate having Ice Mages in my party. They freeze the damn monster. Wtf is that? Isn't the whole point of partying for strong monsters the challenge of taking down said "strong monster." Soon as you get an Archer and an Ice Mage in the same party...well let's just say the monster never had a chance.
    a manaaah who does not existaaaah

buy them when youre about to explode from boredom. id probably just stick with the arc staff >_>
    ikillsnails :: bera :: 4x cleric :: semi
    chooga :: bera :: 1x magician :: semi
    Join my guild =D

Lucida

Quote Originally Posted by Strata
    It's kinda dull killing Werewolves with and Ice Mage.

Way too easy. No friggin' challenge.

Also, I hate having Ice Mages in my party. They freeze the damn monster. Wtf is that? Isn't the whole point of partying for strong monsters the challenge of taking down said "strong monster." Soon as you get an Archer and an Ice Mage in the same party...well let's just say the monster never had a chance.
    aw...c'mon the freeze pwns. it gets fun sumtimes when u get to freeze the butt of viking ships and watch ur bowman fren snipe them. its nice to see a frozen monster. their hair stands on end (if they have hair) and they turn blue. its cute. try it on lupins. they look SOOOO cute when frozen. like a doll. btw, im an ice mage and i have a xbowman fren :twisted:
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.