9 28.13%
  • cleric

15 46.88%
  • ice/lit

8 25.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2nd job

ARGH! im so annoyed by these topics!! :evil:
    go by your own prefrences! no one can choose for you!
    ikillsnails :: bera :: 4x cleric :: semi
    chooga :: bera :: 1x magician :: semi
    Join my guild =D

Lucida

Quote Originally Posted by spartan013
    ARGH! im so annoyed by these topics!! :evil:
    go by your own prefrences! no one can choose for you!
    annoyed? so am i. but heck, i still post. try to convince ppl to join the Ice/Lit Wizard Group. lol.
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

OMG! it doesnt matter! its up to rollei to figure out what he wants to do :x
    there should be a sticky about the pros/ cons about the 3 mage types somewhere...
    ikillsnails :: bera :: 4x cleric :: semi
    chooga :: bera :: 1x magician :: semi
    Join my guild =D

Lucida

Quote Originally Posted by spartan013
    OMG! it doesnt matter! its up to rollei to figure out what he wants to do :x
    there should be a sticky about the pros/ cons about the 3 mage types somewhere...
    a sticky? pros and cons? lol. i remember there was one topic abt that....
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

Slime

OK, I am at this point in my career also....

1-The great Ice vs. Fire

OK, here we go...

Fire has training spots through lvl 100. Once you adv. ice sentinals, kitties, etc. the big kitties, the jr yettis, and it keeps going up through Werewolves and beyond. Ice's training spots are sporatic at best. You train at things not lvl appropriate. (fire wins 1 point for training options)

Fire has amazing drops. They will not need to to buy really any equips, and if they do, they will be extremely rich from all the drops that they DONT need. Ice does have good drops, but really, only for the high levels. (fire wins 1 point for wealth)

Fire is the only attacking skill F/P mages really have (in all seriousness).. I/L have two... Lightning is the only multi, and has some really good training places. Ice will own Tauro's in later levels, which the F/P cant. Also, ice has freeze. Whe you are fighting the big boys, this is amazingly helpful! you stop your enemy from attacking for two seconds! (by which time you can rip off another beam, and freeze him again) (ice wins 1 point for versitility)

Fire training is slow, at best. Their one attack gets boring. The stuff Fire fights is not always the best for exp (compaired to lit and ice). Fire will have a hard time agienst powerful mobs. They just cant hold them back (without using slow, or course) and the mob will keep coming. Ice on the other hand, freezes (as said before) so you can take on high-calibier mobs, while at the same time, forcing them back. Lit is the only mob attack, so that is for some major speed training. (Ice wins 1 point for training)

Fire is powerful. No doubt about that. The most powerful in 2nd and 3rd advance. You cant compete with the elemental bonus that F/P will get in almost all of the high level monsters. Ice and lit does have power. A lot at that... but for the most part, i/L dont get many elemental bonus's. (fire wins 1 point for power)

Fire Arrow does not go through walls or platforms. I personally can find many cases where I needed to use something such as magic claw, because I could not reach the monster with bolt for some reason or another. The same applys with Fire vs Ice. Ice can go through walls. This provides many sniping spots, where as Fire Arrow miss's a lot because it can not hit monsters in many positions. (ice wins 1 point for accessability)

So, it comes down to Fire 3 - Ice 3

All is personal prefrence (as has been said so many times before). If you want power and wealth, go Fire. If you want a high level, and a lot more fun (and be a lot less bored) go Ice. It is up to you!
    4x Cleric, HolyLice (Khaini)

Buddy me, if you are inteligent and dont talk like...

"zOMG!11!1 LYK CN i b ur Frnd!?1111///"

I am a Princess Pal! GO MODS!

I choose Cleric b/c of the obvious healing abilities but... I hear Holy Arrow is too slow to be of any use... so I'm also thinking about ice (with a point of lit for those dang pesky snails that bug the heck out of me).
    Current character:
    Fili (Cleric) level 6x on Windia

Other characters:
    Level 13x Priest in jMS
    Level 7x Ice Mage in MapleSEA

oh yea, fire wiz cant ks as much as ice/lit or cleric, so be a nice mapler and choose f/p

btw: is poison really THAT useless?

thx guys, but i also have two freinds that are cleric and ice, so im kinda leaning tword fire, but ice does also seem good.... so i really dont know could some one else post a big think explaining alot of things about each job? thx
    Good evening

Lucida

haiz....Holy arrow is at the same speed as fire arrow...but the dmg sux. so it sux. lit is MEANT TO BE MAXED> not jsu t1 point. slow is too stupid to add into . u got freeze, remember?

fire wiz can ks as well. every character can ks, as long as they know how to. nice maplers do not ks with ANY character. and poison isnt useless, its jus that little monsters are weak to poison and it takes time for poison to kill monsters.

and..i cant post a big thing. i would just rant alot abt ice wiz coz im prejudiced.