View Poll Results: Was this guide helpful?

Voters
322. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

227 70.50%
  • No

95 29.50%
Page 3 of 37 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Ice vs. Fire vs. Cleric (Help on deciding, etc.)

it all boils down to personal prefrence... if u can't decide... make two characters and make a ice and a fire wizard... done... no more headaches
    -stands in a corner like a lemon-
    -blinded by a promise-
    -stay by my side, its all i want-

You see that's what I say! Try both of them out for a while, and if you get bored with one, switch to the other one, and if you get bored with the other one, do another job in a different world or something and just keep multiple characters so you can switch with them when you get bored! That's what I do!

If I get bored with my Assassin-to-be, I train with my Ice Mage, (he's only level 32 but oh well :P) , and if I get bored with him, I switch back to my Rogue and transer all of the stuff I got from my mage such as ores, and stuff and make it a more enjoyable experience (I just wish that I could store more items with the Mr. *instert Asian name here*, so that way it'll be faster and better to transfer stuff between accounts in the same world). But yes, just try them all out and see what you like best and then stick with that, and if you need a rest with one guy work on someone else =D.
    We all have problems, the difference is how we deal with them...

[flash width=275 height=200]http://photobucket.com/albums/v209/Alexar/?action=view&current=BlobertAnimationnotdoneyet_3. swf[/flash]

Yes I know my sig doesn't work...

i think that lit mages are crap, becuase u have to spend so much mp on lit 40 at max...
    Good evening

Lucida

ok....for money wise, ice mages win. if u are one of those ppl who cant get drops ( u HAVE TO INCLUDE THEM), ice mages earn more.

abt power. u said that compo is more powerful. I/L also has compo.

comparing dmg....

if we do not count elemental advantage:

compo: 150
    thunder spear: 170
    explosion: 120
    ice strike: 90
    poison myst: 90

if we count in the advantage:

compo: 187.5
    thunder spear: 255
    explosion: 180
    ice strike: 135
    poison myst: 135

so we can see, if thunder spear isnt used against lit weak monsters, it will lose out to compo. again i would liek to emphasize, compo is available to both mages.

ice is boring for training. u are stuck with cats for like.....a lot of lvls. fire mages get 2 AoE in third job, which makes training fun.

training options..i have to agree. fire wiz have the whole of el nath to play around with. but ice mages can have more choice. they can hunt WWs more efficiently than fire mages. el nath can be theri playground too, once they get thunder spear. and they can kill ice strong monsters still. i saw i vid of a lvl 120 I/L mage and he killed cold eyes with ICE STRIKE. he also killed macis/spear with 1 thunder spear and 1 compo. anyway, I/L, with their freeze, can hunt other monsters better than fire.

abt dying mentioned....ice mages definitely die less (in theory. if u are like me, the pot button always dying when guard goes off, then.....).

ice is not DEFENSIVE. it is an attack. it is not threaten or PG. it is not a support skill. it is an attack. it is an active skill. it isnt support or passive. stopping something from moving temporarily does not mean u wanna stop getting pursued. if u hit it and u can run fast enuff, the monster still will catch up and kill u. not taking dmg due to low hp...who doesnt want that?? if a mage purposely doesnt max magic guard, or a cleric doesnt max invinclble, and a priest doesnt max element resistance, i would then agree with ur point. wanting to deal with another threat....well, if u are mobbed on both sides, what do u do? u attack both sides of course. so thats what an ice mage does. attack both sides. so u point is invalid.

and ice mages are richer...lit mages drink pots like drunkards.
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

Slime

Thanks for all the replys!

Yeah, I updated the guide some... Took atleast one refrence to Werewolves off (not sure if there are more that I missed) Glad you find the guide helpful! Thanks for reading!
    4x Cleric, HolyLice (Khaini)

Buddy me, if you are inteligent and dont talk like...

"zOMG!11!1 LYK CN i b ur Frnd!?1111///"

I am a Princess Pal! GO MODS!

The difference for me is how much dedication you have in MapleStory...

Yes..Fire/Poison Wiz's do have advantages due to their mass of power and variety of monsters that are weak to them.

But..I/L Mages have the power to freeze and take down mobs ( Yes..I do know that their attacks are weaker )

But it mostly depends on how far you can get in the game.
    Of course Fire Mages can level much easier in their 30-60s;
    I/L mages however find it more complicated due to the fact that they don't have a vast amount of varities of monsters to fight against.
    Lorangs, Clangs, and Umtis do too much damage for those people considering to train on them.But later on, Ice becomes very effective in freezing monsters and saving hp.

In my opinion, I find that Fire mages are meant for short-term players that move from game-to-game; (As it is easy to train in El Nath)
    And that I/L Mages might be the people more dedicated to this game and are willing to play this until and after they hit their 3rd Job.

Slime

Yeah, thats a very good point Lilxray, especially because when the mines in El Nath come out in a while, we icies will own... All a matter of patience

Slime

Thanks for all the support guys!

What can we say, we love to debate (aka argue)
    Current character:
    Fili (Cleric) level 6x on Windia

Other characters:
    Level 13x Priest in jMS
    Level 7x Ice Mage in MapleSEA

again this choice is based only on your preference

fire is the strongest in 2nd job and magic composition is a bit weaker than ice in 3rd but faster

ice is the best all around att with freeze with lightning mob killing at decent dmgs at 2nd and lightning has the strongest attack in third job but is incredibly slow and ice now has a mob attack with decent dmg but not as much as explosion but also freezes