Page 2 of 82 FirstFirst 12341252 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Should I train?

Quote Originally Posted by -Mazza-
    Quote Originally Posted by vladekxbootes
    I've noticed alot of people are asking what to hunt between the levels i've put down here. So i've made a list that people and myself recommend.
    You can add or make changes if you want.

lvl 20-25
    1)horned mushroom/green/blue/Zombie
    2)Wild boar
    3)Jr sentil
    4)PQ

lvl 26-30
    1)Evil eye
    2)Zombie mushroom
    3)jr sentil
    4)PQ
    5)wild boar

lvl 31-35
    1)fire boar
    2)ligator
    3)curse eye
    4)leatty
    5)Jr. Cellion, Lioner, Grupin
    6)leatty
    7)Nependeath

lvl 36-40
    1)Curse eye
    2)Lupin/Zombie
    3)Cold eye
    4)copper drake
    5)Dark leatty
    6)Nependeath

lvl 41-50
    1)stone golem
    2)Iron hog
    3)Dark Nependeath
    4)Tortie
    5)Wraith
    6)Clang
    7)Drake
    8)Jr yeti-(Beware.)
    Training at Neps isn't that profitable. Sure, you can kill them alright if you stay out of their range, but they've still got 2100 HP and only give 99 exp. You can probably kill four kitties in the time it takes to kill one Nep, not counting mob attacks.

Next, Jr. Kitties were(And still are) VERY good all the way from level 30 to level 40.

Also if you're training on Curse Eyes, don't go for the tree dungeons, archers suck on slanted surfaces >_<

In any case, I wouldn't recommend hunting Curse Eyes and Neps before level 35.
    I got a new list:
    'Level 1-10 '

Maple Island is pretty much the best place you should train at. Bash away at the huge supply of snails there until you are level 10.

Right Around Lith Harbor also has a nice snail spawn. However, there is the ocasional Slime that may mess you up every once in a while.

Level 10-15

Henesys Hunting Ground I is a good place to train. Use a melee weapon and bash on the fast snail spawn on the bottom.

The infamous Slime Tree is also a good choice. You might have a harder time killing these than you would snails, which could result in less EXP.

The Tree That Grew 1 is also good. Like the Slime Tree, it spawns only slimes. If you get one person on each level of this map, the spawn is great!

Level 15-18

The Slime Tree is now probably the best place for EXP. You should now equip a bow ( or a crossbow ) and kill some slimes with them.

The Tree That Grew 1 is also good. Like the Slime Tree, it spawns only slimes. If you get one person on each level of this map, the spawn is great!

Henesys Hunting Ground 1 on the second level. There's a nice slime spawn here, and you can stand on the hay stacks and snipe them down with great ease!

Henesys Hunting Grounds 2 and 3 also have nice spawns of slimes, snails, orange and green mushrooms, and stumps. There are steps here on the sides of the screen that can be used to snipe at the monsters.

Level 18-20

Kerning City Construction Site has a great orange mushroom spawn. Travel around this map killing the mushrooms as you go. If you get a few people on the map, the spawn will be great.

The Slime Tree is still nice EXP. By now, you should be using your new bow//crossbow and be killing the slimes within 1-2 hits.

The Tree That Grew 1-3 is also good. Like the Slime Tree, it spawns only slimes. If you get one person on each level of this map, the spawn is great!

Henesys Hunting Grounds 2 and 3 are still very good choices. This place has nice spawns of slimes, snails, orange and green mushrooms, and stumps. There are steps here on the sides of the screen that can be used to snipe at the monsters.

Level 20-25

Pig Beach is now the place to be. With your new weapon equipped and your new armor, you should be able to take down pigs with ease.

Kerning City Construction Site has a nice octopus spawn on the top of the map. You can stand on the platform going up to it and snipe them down without getting hit. This is pretty nice EXP.

Hidden Street: Over The Wall (Perion) is a good option. The EXP might not be the greatest, but you have a chance at finding your level 35 equips here. There's also quite a few snipe-platforms on this map. Bring a friend to have this map spawn at it's greatest potential.

Level 25-30

Party Questing in Kerning City is a good option now that you're level 25. You just got your new items and you're ready to roll! If you have a good leader that gets into the Party Quest a lot of the time, this is a must. During your 15-20 minute wait ( if you miss ) you can go to near-by maps and kill monsters to gain EXP constantly.

Ant Tunnel 1 has a nice horny mushroom spawn at the top of the map. I don't suggest trying to take on undead mushrooms yet, since you have little chance of OHKOing them.

Kerning City Construction Site is still a nice option. The EXP is still good as long as the spawn is nice. You can also still snipe and you won't have to use many potions!

Over The Wall is also still a good option. The EXP might not be the greatest, but you have a chance at finding your level 35 equips here. There's also quite a few snipe-platforms on this map. Bring a friend to have this map spawn at it's greatest potential.

The Tower in Orbis is also a very good place to train. The Jr Sentinels there drop good drops, and money. Be sure to buy a few MP potions and HP potions before coming!

Level 30-35

Land of the Wild Boar 1 & 2 are the most popular options around this level. With the fast spawn and the nice EXP of these monsters, you will gain EXP very fast.

Note from a player: As an alternative to Land of the Wild Boar, you can level at West Rocky Mountain IV; although the spawn is slower, because it is less popular, it is easy to keep the spawn pretty high by clearing out one area after another. However, you will have to watch out for the occasional Lupin.
    Note from a player: If you are low on mesos, Jr. Sentinals in Orbis Tower are a really good source of money, but give slower EXP then other monsters.

Ant Tunnels are a great option. By now you should OHKO undead mushys and horned mushrooms quite often. There's also a snipe platform at the bottom right of Ant Tunnel 1 .

The Tower in Orbis is also a very good place to train. The Jr Sentinels there drop good drops, and money. Be sure to buy a few MP potions and HP potions before coming!

You try to go down the tower in Orbis, but is not recommended. There are some great monsters to train on, but a little hard.

Level 35-40

Land of the Wild Boar 1 & 2 are still the most popular options around this level. With the fast spawn and the nice EXP of these monsters, you will gain EXP very fast.

Note from a player: As an alternative to Land of the Wild Boar, you can level at West Rocky Mountain IV; although the spawn is slower, because it is less popular, it is easy to keep the spawn pretty high by clearing out one area after another. However, you will have to watch out for the occasional Lupin.
    Ant Tunnels are still a great option. You should OHKO undead mushys and horned mushrooms all the time. There's also a snipe platform at the bottom right of Ant Tunnel 1 .

The Garden of Three Colors // Green // etc. are nice options. Jr. Grupins // Celions // Lioners give more EXP than fire boars and don't have that much more HP. The Jr. Lioners also have a chance at dropping a 60% Bow Attack scroll, which you WILL be using in the future.

Level 40-45

The Burnt Land 1, 2 & 3 are great options. The spawn is fast, the drops are pretty nice and the EXP is good. This will level you up fast. However, beware of Ice Mages at this popular area.

The Garden of Three Colors // Green // etc. are still nice options. Jr. Grupins // Celions // Lioners give more EXP than fire boars and don't have that much more HP. The Jr. Lioners also have a chance at dropping a 60% Bow Attack scroll, which you WILL be using in the future.

Orbis Tower 5, 4 & 3 are good options. The tower of Leattys // Dark Leattys give nice EXP and drops. You also have a chance at finding your level 40 earrings ( Blue moons ) if you are training on Dark Leattys

Level 45-50

Dangerous Valley is a nice spawn of Copper Drakes and Fire Boars. The EXP here is quite good.

Golem Temples are quite good for these levels. Nice spawn, huge EXP and slow monsters. Perfect for range, no?

Monkey Forests are also a good place to level, as long as there's no Cleric KSing you.

Level 50-60

Dangerous Valley II is a great place for these levels. Fire drakes give great exp and great drops. You also have a chance to find the ever-so-pricey Steelies. This would boost your mesos by quite a bit.

Cloud Park V and VI is also a good place to train. Nice spawn of luster and lunar pixies.

Note from a Player: You should train at golems if your computer is a bit laggy, because the higher your level is,the laggier your comp will be. (Because of those pros using those high animation attacks.)
    Zombies are probably the most populated high level area. You shouldn't go here until you're in your late 50's.

Level 60-70

Zombies are now great EXP for you. You should probably camp a spawn here for a while and gain massive EXP.

Sanctuary I /II are becoming better for you. Party up with a cleric or someone to tank the Tauros and shoot away!

Level 70+

This is about the time where you go off and hunt anything that give lots of EXP.

Dark Yetis, Dark Yeti & Pepi, Yeti & Pepi etc, will probably be what you will be hunting now. When the Third Job comes out, you will start to shine and you will own these monsters with ease.

Special tahanks to MapleTip

Beginner

Yay. You actually cited where you got it from.

Don't really agree with it though...slimes at level 18-20? Orange Mushrooms definitely.

Meh, Over the Wall is okay...went there a bit at earlier levels...

PQ is definitely a 'No' if you're in Scania. Or if its a weekend. You can also PQ in the 21-25 too AS LONG AS YOU HAVE FRIENDS WHO WANT YOU. They should be fairly levels as well...doing PQ at 21 without friends is a horrible mistake most people make. It'll take more time finding a party to join than it will to level up most likely. Then there's the problem of missing. And once you get in, you wouldn't be able to hit ligators PROPERLY and Slime King and the Curse Eyes would be totally evil...plus you would be called a noob by your party members. ><

Ant Tunnel til 35 was great for me, I hardly got hit so it was potion conservative. Kitties from 30-35 was extremely hard, even with an above average weapon. Jr Sentinels BEFORE level 30 are hard, as although they deal only 20 damage or so, they have way too much hp.

The suggestion for the tower of Leattys/Dark Leattys is okay although its a bit less popular now that Blue Moons can be obtained easily from a quest.

And that's all I have to say until I get to level 40 ._.

From Levels 35 to 38 I was at Fire Boars, after that was the Kitties. Stay at Kitties till LV 50, or try the Leatties and Nependeaths if your bored, but don't stay there too long, Kitties provide the most EXP and Mesos for the least effort at these levels.
    Julliant - Lv130 Bow Master of Bootes

On my personal note, I haven't found a single guide that has lead me to a correct training spot. I have tried all the ones suggested for my level...and they all end up short handed (either too slow, costly, low mesos, etc.).

That's just me...a really poor archer with crappy gear...how much ARE you supposed to gain per hour for a level 55 anyways?
    For um...random sakes, here are my stats...

Str: 60+2
    Dex: Some really high number that I don't care to look up but
    it's (something+22)
    Int: 5
    Luk: 4

Damage Range: 363-636 (talk about palindromes)

MY build (I don't care what you think...):

3 Amazon
    Maxed Eye
    Maxed Critical
    10 AB
    Maxed DS

19 Mastery
    6 Booster
    2 Soul Arrow
    Maxed PKB
    29 Arrow bomb

Right...anyone have any suggestions?

You're not sick-- you're love sick.

is there a place where the fierry spawn is high?

cuz for some reason they have an unreasonably high exp giveout of 120 and i can basically OHKO them with ds with my 44 hunter.
    [img]http://www.cafetrends.com/gallery/files/6/9/JumpKicka*****.gif[/img]

No, they were meant to be "rare" monsters.

Anyway, at LV 45? You should be getting 12~15% on casual training and more if you solo at Kitties, using warrior potions and DS all the way, and going around in a systematic order and not randomly jumping from platform to platform. I can elaborate my definition of "systematic" if you request, otherwise forgive my laziness.

At LV 40, I made 5 million, so I don't see how you can have crappy gear. Don't ever use below average equipment. Scroll your LV 45+ Bows, skip scrolling your armor if your poor because bows get ridiculously expensive at LV 60 and above. Bows are more important.

Stay at Kitties till your LV 50 for the most money and EXP. Fight Jr Lioners to pick up a few Bow scrolls, then switch to Jr Grupins, they have Wand Scrolls and Kumbis for pick up.

Beginner

Quote Originally Posted by Julliant
    At LV 40, I made 5 million, so I don't see how you can have crappy gear. Don't ever use below average equipment. Scroll your LV 45+ Bows, skip scrolling your armor if your poor because bows get ridiculously expensive at LV 60 and above. Bows are more important.
    Holy crap, how did you get five million at that level? I'm at level 37.5 now, and I'm only up to 550k right now.
    Bera: Lv 3x Hunter, MazzaAAHC

«Mazza inside you.»
    -Sloganizer.net

Quote Originally Posted by Julliant
    No, they were meant to be "rare" monsters.

Anyway, at LV 45? You should be getting 12~15% on casual training and more if you solo at Kitties, using warrior potions and DS all the way, and going around in a systematic order and not randomly jumping from platform to platform. I can elaborate my definition of "systematic" if you request, otherwise forgive my laziness.

Stay at Kitties till your LV 50 for the most money and EXP. Fight Jr Lioners to pick up a few Bow scrolls, then switch to Jr Grupins, they have Wand Scrolls and Kumbis for pick up.
    Lol, are your directing "crappy gear" to me? Or just in general...
    Anyways, some people train differently. You can't expect ALL level 40 hunters to make 5mil for the duration of that level...

And below average equipt isn't so bad...but it is when it comes to bows. A below average gear down by one def. wont make a huge difference.

I would like to say that training on level 40-50 on jr.cats, while highly beneficial, is also repetitive. It WILL get boring. 10 levels of cats is just way too much...depsite the money and exp gain.

In fact...I don't want anyone'e opinions for two reasons:
    1. Lent is coming...so what time do I have to even care to test things out when I am trying to level up
    2. I started a whole topic where I factored out stuff...and me...being such a undergraded archer...that post would have really helped a lot. Too bad it died out and I saw that people didn't really care. Oh well...that's just me.

Simply put...when you train as an archer...it will always be:
    Loads of money....ok-sucky EXP
    OR
    Little money...great EXP

It's up to you...and archers will ALWAYS be poor unless they get godly deals from other characters (like um a +7 10% godly bow for 500k...) OR if they get mad drops. Otherwise, it's like what I stated above.

Kitties are repetitive yes, but I have stated alternatives if your bored, like nependeaths. Use your intelligence (although technically we've only got 4)and snipe them :D

Loads of money....ok-sucky EXP
    OR
    Little money...great EXP
    Not true.
    Kitties: 65 EXP, Average 100 Mesos, 1100 HP
    Golems: 170 EXP, Average 300 mesos, 4000 HP

You can kill 4 Kitties by the time you kill one Golem, so thats 260 EXP and 400 Mesos. Plus they've got good drops, way better drops in fact.

Lol, are your directing "crappy gear" to me? Or just in general...
    Anyways, some people train differently. You can't expect ALL level 40 hunters to make 5mil for the duration of that level...

And below average equipt isn't so bad...but it is when it comes to bows. A below average gear down by one def. wont make a huge difference.
    Yeah that's true. Bows are more important, but you've definitely got to get at least a few million by LV 45. An Olympus is 3 million, and scrolls will cost a bomb, and Golden Hinkel will have to have you use every single meso coin in your wallet, plus the money from selling your wallet :?
    [/u]

The only easons kitties would be faster for such a long range of a level is because there are OTHER people training in those areas. Gollems tend to be a solo-ish place...not much where you can or would want to have like 4 other people in the map. Also terrain wise, it's not good to have s many people in gollems, while the jr.cat place is gigantic compared to gollems. That is why cats > gollems for a long time. The only reason ever to leave that place is if there is obviously something better (like around 50-55 you should be leaving...) or if your just getting bored straight.

For me, I've resorted to lunar pixies....if only something would drop cause I barely gain mesos...then again....there are reasons for that...