• yes

3 42.86%
  • no

3 42.86%
  • parents dont care

1 14.29%
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: i hate the esrb

i seriosly apluad <_< or however is spelled...DAM YOU DISLEXIA...

but yeh i would clap for your parents..acttully here goes **claps**...repsonsible concened paretnst thats why those ratings are thier YOU may think their apropriate caues this is the world you live in but think of how much different your life would be if you followed those rating..

...back in my day...XD...i can say that now im 21...i wasn't even allowed to watch the simpsons cause it have a tv14 rating...i had to wait till i was 17 to see a rated R moive...and look how i turned out....STRAIGHTER THEN A MUTHA ()@$#% ARROW...

...even you kids who said my parents don't care...they unconcisly affect you...you read a mature rating and go...oo this is stuff that will prolly never happen...or you take it the exact opposite and are desensatized to gore and violence AND END UP IN THE MILATARY...DON"T LET THIS SUBLIMINAL CONSPIRECY GO ON...GIVE INTO THE RATINGS

:]...im done...thanx for reading
    ~*~ we don't stop playing because we get older ~*~
    *~* we get older because we stop playing *~*

Quote Originally Posted by Turles
    Finally, parents who actually pay attention to ratings.

Well them I said they're doing a fine job. You don't need to be playing games with BLOOD AND GORE AND EXPLOSIONS! *buys you SUPER TETRIS: 2006*
    uhh why not just Lumines for the PSP?
    (Scania)

Fraxian - 8x Hermit - Retired Pot Mule
    IndividuaI - 5x Page - Retired Mule
    NameDoesntFi - 12x Buccaneer - Active (YYYYEEEEEEEEEEEHHHHHHHHHAAAAAAAAWWWWWW)

Blue bird of friendliness penguinzrock's Avatar

Meh... I haven't even tried Diablo II, and I'm pretty sure ESRB was high when they rated it M. Please correct me if I'm wrong, it might've been good to rate it M. I've just seen lots of 14 - 16 year olds playing, and I think M is supposed to be age 17 or 18.
    Hate is easy; love takes courage.
    2/1/2010 - supalim becomes first to ever download an entire yobibyte of internet pizza
    PENGUINZ 4 MOD 2012!

ESRB's might be a little too strict sometimes, but they definately have their place. It's up to your parents to judge what will negatively affect you and what will not. They might not always be right, but they do know more than you do :\ ..don't worry i've been through it too *refers back to first post*
    Broa
    MorningStars - Barely active :P

"Arguing online is like running in the special olympics, even if you win your still retarded."

- random guy on a paul gilbert youtube video

(great video if you're into 10 minutes of straight classical shredding http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o7ZnOZ5QNR4&NR=1)

THATS THE FRINKIN POINT THEY DONT EVEN SEE WHAT THE GAME HAS! and ive seen 6 yr olds play M games and im like wtf i cant even play a game thats rated T for violence. a LOT of T games should be rated E10. diablo II should be rated M seriously. but the unfair part is this:
    some kids are allowed to play T games before 13 and others arent. they should either lower the ratings the little or make the parents enforce them more.
    I quit MS...

WHICH PARENTS WOULD ACTUALLY GIVE A CRAP ABOUT WHAT GAMES WE PLAY????? well not mine......

You really should be thankful your parents are actually taking the time to look at the ratings on these games before they pitch a fit and write to congress and get all of their friends in on hating the video game industry for their own stupidity. True, sometimes the ratings may not reflect what you believe to be violent or sexual, but to overly protective parents a female character who has boobs that are bigger than a C cup might as well be butt-ass naked and showing you how to...well, do more adult things.

As for your reaction, you'd probably do well just to quiet down and be happy that they even let you play it at all. Besides, you'll have plenty of time later on in life to play all of those games that are rated out of your age group anyway. ;x

ezpzlmnsqz ;o

off topic: werent you a mod once?
    what im trying to say is they just go purely by the rating and they dont even read WHY its rated T.
    I quit MS...

Off topic: Yes, but due to my busy schedule and general inactivity on HS throughout December, they demodded me.

Your parents don't need much of a reason to not want to get you a game because...well, they're your parents. It's not like it's hurting you to not be able to play that game, or any other game. You'll live. :o

I know, it seems shocking, but people do live long enough to make it out of their parents' hosue and get into the real world an play as many videogames as they want without anyone telling them that they can't.

ezpzlmnsqz ;o

gotham city,wayne minor east wing. batcave

diablo is rated 18+
    but lots of kids play it
    GodofDemon -5x cleric (active)
    aNewbie -3x hunter (active)
    n00bsin -3x assassin (active)
    and a bunch of mules

dadadada,dadadada...batman...dadadada,dadadada...B ATMAN