34. You may not vote on this poll
  • Copycat

27 79.41%
  • Avenger

7 20.59%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Hermit skill build

I'm not level 70 yet...but
    I think that at level 70 you should put 1 sp point into shadow.This should kill the Lucky seven boredom you have had for seventy levels lol ^_^.
    Then at level 71 get two shadow (making it 3 in total) and 1 flash jump.
    72-80 max out shadow completly
    81-90 max out avenger completly
    90-xxx I don't know yet I am sorry but I have not thought any further then this.

NOTES:
    why did I do one flash jump instead of 1 avenger?
    Avenger level one is almost a completly useless skill its damage is horrible, not even shadow can fix that....while on the other hand flash jump is fully operational at level 1. This leaves you to use your 1 sp point more wisely.

why did I do shadow first?
    I did shadow first because as a hermit we will still be using lucky seven so why not amplify it first?Also shadow and lucky seven still have targetting while avenger does not, and finnaly because most of the time we do not hunt herds that need to be killed in this manner.It is usually not benifical to activate four monster's magic attacks at you at once.

Thank you this was sinkage's mini guide ^_^

I agree with Sakka, although I can only bring up an opinion based on specualtion and the various movies of high-leveled characters, copycat seems to be the hermit's main upgrade to damage, also from the same videos, avenger works with copycat, so why not upgrade avenger by maxing copycat, then get avenger...

i didnt exactly mean dat u r anoob if u dont get da skillz write...its just bad not to do it dat way. and I was just exaggerating. Well, if u r gonna try something better to do it correctly instead of screwing it up eh?
    It's times like these where being a grammar nut can be painful >.<

If you didn't exactly mean it that way, don't exactly write it that way :P

Anyways, choosing skills a different way than everybody else doesn't mean you didn't get them right (not write, write is a verb :P ) , if there was a right way and a wrong way to choose skills, then it would be a test, not a game.

That doesn't mean you can't screw it up, but screwing it up would be like giving your thief more int than luk, or not maxing critical blow at all on an archer, choosing avenger before copycat is not screwing up, it's just a different path...
    If I got a hermit, and I got avenger before Copycat, it would just mean that I would train differently or use my skills differently...
    To screw something up would be to do something worthy of restarting that character, would you restart a lv 75 hermit just for maxing avenger first?...

bleh... I don't really mean to argue or anything... i'm just adding what I know/think about maxing one skill before another...

... although saying "U MUST MAX SHADOW PARTNER CAUSE IF U DONT U R A NOOB." is bound to get some feedback :P
    Geometry will draw the soul toward truth and create the spirit of philosophy.
    -Plato

A thing is obvious mathematically after you see it.
    - R.D. Carmichael

Off topic: wow thank you some one actually agreed with me...for like once ^_^.

Ontopic:I have thought through some more i managed to put this together.
    80- 94 max out both meso up and flash jump. DO in any order you feel best.whether it be FJ then MU or MU then FJ or both at the same time.Both are benifical. MU more so though becuase with the interduction of the sommoning rock plague we will need more money.
    95-108 max out alchemist and shadow web. Due to the fact i am not a hermit I do not understand these skills as much yet....sorry....
    109-THE START OF 4th JOB go back and max something you messed up on in 1st or 2nd job or add to some skills that WERE useless to add to earlier such as endure or something.

WTF why didn't I do shadow meso???!!!

I didn't do shadow meso becuase we are the most expensive class already why add more? Let me explain.I gain a percent in 6 minutes. A percent for me is 100 zombies exactly (0.01%) it takes me three hits per zombie. so 100x3= 300 thats 300 throws in 6 minutes. Now lets condense that. Say 3 minutes? well: 300/2 =150 so 150 throws in 3 minutes remember thats 1 shadow. This skill maxed takes anywhere from 3XX- 8XX mesos per throw. so ill just avg that out to a nice number. 1000 mesos a throw sound simple huh? 1000x 150 =150k nice huh? You lost nearly that much in 3 minutes of using this skill! Now lets do some math real fast and see how well it stands for a small pot run or one hour of use i should say ^_^. 3x20=60 so 150kx20=3000k or 3 mil!!!!!!!!! wow welcome to poor ville. So I conclude that using this skill is worthless for training. Its only use is for hunting monsters stronger then you....and shadow+ Lucky seven is better for that anyways.You will be getting 4 shots vs shadow meso's 2 for 1k.

This has been the continuation of my mini guide/my flame of shadow meso's uselessness.

hey sakka. U r kind of right...but if u wanna save money...A LOT OF MONEY, then u have to bring up alchemist. First, u nyd 5 avenger anywayz to unlock flash jump. and yes, u only bring up 1 flash jump in da beginning. AND, u dont bring up 3 shadow part in da beginning because 3 doesnt do anything...just waste of stars and summoning rocks. Yes u can bring up 1 shawdow partner in da beginning but i didnt cause 1 doesnt do anything altho it can help u when u r in a middle of a huge pack.

After getting 1 flash jump (with 5 avenger of course), u MUST master shadow partner. Why? lol...stregnth of course :D

After shadow part is maxed u got lots of choices..but go for alchemits (like I did ) for it WILL save LOTS of MONEY. I GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL. if u do not bring up alchemist after shadow part...i will guarantee u wont b happy.

PS: yes i do agree with most of wut u said sakka :D
    Sup pplz...See my IGNs

GansterZ=sin(5x)-active
    Agamennon=ice mage(4x)-semi active was my char now its me bro's...

Quote Originally Posted by Sakka

80- 94 max out both meso up and flash jump. DO in any order you feel best.whether it be FJ then MU or MU then FJ or both at the same time.Both are benifical. MU more so though becuase with the interduction of the sommoning rock plague we will need more money.
    95-108 max out alchemist and shadow web. Due to the fact i am not a hermit I do not understand these skills as much yet....sorry....
    109-THE START OF 4th JOB go back and max something you messed up on in 1st or 2nd job or add to some skills that WERE useless to add to earlier such as endure or something.

I didn't do shadow meso becuase we are the most expensive class already why add more? Let me explain.I gain a percent in 6 minutes. A percent for me is 100 zombies exactly (0.01%) it takes me three hits per zombie. so 100x3= 300 thats 300 throws in 6 minutes. Now lets condense that. Say 3 minutes? well: 300/2 =150 so 150 throws in 3 minutes remember thats 1 shadow. This skill maxed takes anywhere from 3XX- 8XX mesos per throw. so ill just avg that out to a nice number. 1000 mesos a throw sound simple huh? 1000x 150 =150k nice huh? You lost nearly that much in 3 minutes of using this skill! Now lets do some math real fast and see how well it stands for a small pot run or one hour of use i should say ^_^. 3x20=60 so 150kx20=3000k or 3 mil!!!!!!!!! wow welcome to poor ville. So I conclude that using this skill is worthless for training. Its only use is for hunting monsters stronger then you....and shadow+ Lucky seven is better for that anyways.You will be getting 4 shots vs shadow meso's 2 for 1k.

This has been the continuation of my mini guide/my flame of shadow meso's uselessness.

Ok. Seriously..its a good thing I read this over AFTER i wrote my respose...but I MUST NOW make sumthing up for u before every1 start calling u a noob.

1. NO SUCH THING AS 4TH JOB ADV
    2.EVEN IF THER WAS A 4TH ADV, DATS NOT UNTILL LV 120
    3.U DONT MAX ANYTHING UNTILL LV 118OR SO FOR HERMITS
    4.LIKE I MENTIONED=
    ALCHEMIST FIRST ALWAYS!...AFTER SHADOW PART
    Sup pplz...See my IGNs

GansterZ=sin(5x)-active
    Agamennon=ice mage(4x)-semi active was my char now its me bro's...

Put 3 into avenger first, then one to flash jump.

Max copycat after that, then max something else

I forget

Death0flife: Learn English.

No comment on the skill build, as I am only level 58.

World:Canada Computer: Maple Story I go back and forth

well i here is a skill build i found

Level 70: 1 Shadow Partner
    Level 71: 3 Avenger
    Level 72: 2 Avenger, 1 Flash Jump
    Level 73: 3 Shadow Partner
    Level 74: 3 Shadow Partner
    Level 75: 3 Shadow Partner
    Level 76: 3 Shadow Partner
    Level 77: 3 Shadow Partner
    Level 78: 3 Shadow Partner
    Level 79: 3 Shadow Partner
    Level 80: 3 Shadow Partner
    Level 81: 3 Shadow Partner
    Level 82: 2 Shadow Partner (Max), 1 Flash Jump
    Level 83: 3 Flash Jump
    Level 84: 3 Flash Jump
    Level 85: 3 Flash Jump
    Level 86: 3 Flash Jump
    Level 87: 3 Flash Jump
    Level 88: 3 Flash Jump (Max)
    Level 89: 3 Meso Up
    Level 90: 3 Meso Up
    Level 91: 3 Meso Up
    Level 92: 3 Meso Up
    Level 93: 3 Meso Up
    Level 94: 3 Meso Up
    Level 95: 2 Meso Up (Max) 1 Alchemist
    Level 96: 3 Alchemist
    Level 97: 3 Alchemist
    Level 98: 3 Alchemist
    Level 99: 3 Alchemist
    Level 100: 3 Alchemist
    Level 101: 3 Alchemist
    Level 102: 1 Alchemist (Max), 2 Avenger
    Level 103: 3 Avenger
    Level 104: 3 Avenger
    Level 105: 3 Avenger
    Level 106: 3 Avenger
    Level 107: 3 Avenger
    Level 108: 3 Avenger
    Level 109: 3 Avenger
    Level 110: 2 Avenger (Max), 1 Shadow Web
    Level 111: 3 Shadow Web
    Level 112: 3 Shadow Web
    Level 113: 3 Shadow Web
    Level 114: 3 Shadow Web
    Level 115: 3 Shadow Web
    Level 116: 3 Shadow Web
    Level 117: 1 Shadow Web (Max)
    Level 118: 3 Shadow Mesos
    Level 119: 3 Shadow Mesos
    Level 120: 3 Shadow Mesos
    Scania
    Erodger 4x Cleric

Shadow Web + Avenger ftw.

I'd be more inclined to kill mobs than tougher enemies such as YnP, Werewolves, Lycanthropes, etc etc etc.
    Hail Satan

Quote Originally Posted by Death0flife
    Quote Originally Posted by Sakka

Ok. Seriously..its a good thing I read this over AFTER i wrote my respose...but I MUST NOW make sumthing up for u before every1 start calling u a noob.

1. NO SUCH THING AS 4TH JOB ADV
    2.EVEN IF THER WAS A 4TH ADV, DATS NOT UNTILL LV 120
    3.U DONT MAX ANYTHING UNTILL LV 118OR SO FOR HERMITS
    4.LIKE I MENTIONED=
    ALCHEMIST FIRST ALWAYS!...AFTER SHADOW PART
    hmm in response to this i write:
    1. The fourth job advancement does exist check mapleglobal.com.I Never siad that was OBTAINABLE though. I told people to max other skills until they got to the LEVEL of the fourth job advancement because i wouldn't want them to max a useless skill, when they could max out 4th job advancement skills when it becomes playable.
    2. I have seen people already very near that number.
    3. If you don't max anything till level 118 what do you do with your sp let it sit there? atleast...ATLEAST shadow should be maxed.
    4.I am not so sure of alchemists abilities if a hermit who has it can tell us what it does...um please and thanks ^_^. I have heard it only adds to the time of a potion or such....That doesn't seem so epic to me.
    oh and 5. I am not a noob, good day sir!

hey sakka. U r kind of right...but if u wanna save money...A LOT OF MONEY, then u have to bring up alchemist. First, u nyd 5 avenger anywayz to unlock flash jump. and yes, u only bring up 1 flash jump in da beginning. AND, u dont bring up 3 shadow part in da beginning because 3 doesnt do anything...just waste of stars and summoning rocks. Yes u can bring up 1 shawdow partner in da beginning but i didnt cause 1 doesnt do anything altho it can help u when u r in a middle of a huge pack.

After getting 1 flash jump (with 5 avenger of course), u MUST master shadow partner. Why? lol...stregnth of course
    Do you play gms?
    I ask this because I have both checked hidden-street and asked a lvl 108 hermit if you needed 5 or 3 avenger before being able to put one into flash jump they both stated that it is flase. :?

Flash Jump Master Level: 20
    Type: Support
    Description: While in the air after a jump, use this skill + the arrow for a second jump. The higher the skill level, the farther the distance for the jump.
    Level 1: MP -60; Jumps a certain distance
    Level 10: MP -33; Jumps a certain distance
    Level 20: MP -13; Jumps a certain distance

I'm not seeing avenger requirements ....?

After shadow part is maxed u got lots of choices..but go for alchemits (like I did ) for it WILL save LOTS of MONEY. I GUARANTEE THAT IT WILL. if u do not bring up alchemist after shadow part...i will guarantee u wont b happy.

PS: yes i do agree with most of wut u said sakka
    If you have this ability please tell us the exact effects it has on our potions.
    Also there are other ways of saving money. Such as less damage cuase you advoid it with flash jump or more money drops from meso up. Just letting you know Alchemist is not the only way to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by let_her_burn
    Shadow Web + Avenger ftw.

I'd be more inclined to kill mobs than tougher enemies such as YnP, Werewolves, Lycanthropes, etc etc etc.
    This isn't really effictive for that. Avenger has horrible damage. At level 80+ I have seen hermits do 300's with it. So the monster would need to be pretty low leveled to be taken down for effictive exp. Just a heads up you know....but i suppose it still is possible :?

And finnaly my opinions are just that,
    OPINONS
    Do not take my thoughts as the only way to go, if you have ideas use them.
    I just ment for this to HELP people :)