20. You may not vote on this poll
  • No duh you need eye!!

18 90.00%
  • Nah u can do it without eye!!!

2 10.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Eye of Amazon

Default Eye of Amazon

I have a question, can a future bowman go without any Eye of Amazon? Right now I'm level 19 and it seems to me that Eye wouldn't do much to help but for trying to keep strong mobs at a distance...

Most people will say "OMGGG, GET IT" simply because all builds have revolved around it.

I personally do not have it, and I'm in the same level area as you, and I do not regret not having it. I have had an easier time leveling up since I went for Critical and Double Shot first. I'm also actually considering not getting Eye of the Amazon, and just up Focus.

In the end, it justs matters what you want for your character. Don't let someone tell you how to build it, but if someone provides useful advice, you might want to consider it when it comes to deciding.
    Hail Satan

you can just keep it at 6 if you go xbowman
    [img]http://www.cafetrends.com/gallery/files/6/9/JumpKicka*****.gif[/img]

Beginner

Well, IMO, I can't stand my arrows being the same range as a Magician's Energy Bolt. Its just too short a range for me ><

And you need maxed Eye for Ludi PQ (unless you go into parties with sins/bowmen who have maxed Keen/Eye/of the Amazon)

Its just that using a skill like Iron Arrow, will be useless most of the time since if you leave Eye at zero, most enemies in that mob probably won't be hit in the first place.

My bowman friend says she's fine with Eye at 5 but personally, I can't stand being a bowman without it ><

I also think the extra range comes in handy after 1st job; at bigger maps you can train faster (or is it just me...? O.o)

I donā??t know how you guyz can keep ur eye of the Amazon so low. I mean after all, you are archers arenā??t you?? Distance, range, and accuracy are supposed to be key essentials for this type of class. I mean sure accuracy has no effect whether u are close to a monster or not in the game, but still, based on general principal distance should be a must for an archer. I have eye of the Amazon maxed on my char, and for the person who said they could max out focus, well u can do that too if u if Fa-less near the end of ur sec job as well. So I really recommend it as u can see but Donā??t take my word for it, look at the votes.
    ray marquina

Lol..you don't absolutely NEED eye maxed...but it is nice...you can shoot from platform to platform easier and mobs are easier to kill...also the max focus is basically useless since you already have a TON of dex...why add more acc when you already have a ton..and the avoid isn't gonna do wonders...focus is just what you put points on because you have nowhere to put em...
    I believe, therefor I'm insane.

My post count is frozen. Megadeus's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Torrisrox
    Lol..you don't absolutely NEED eye maxed...but it is nice...you can shoot from platform to platform easier and mobs are easier to kill...also the max focus is basically useless since you already have a TON of dex...why add more acc when you already have a ton..and the avoid isn't gonna do wonders...focus is just what you put points on because you have nowhere to put em...
    actually, archers are known to have the worst defense in game. Why? because:

Warriors have their crapload of HP+weapon def., and def boost skills
    Magicians get Magic Guard to replace their tiny hp bar
    Thieves get DS and TONS of avoidability
    That's what all the other classes get as weapon defense. What do archers get? little to no defense. They may have 2nd highest weapon defense in game, but that doesn't help in a mob. I think the avoid that focus gives WILL HELP.
    Well isn't that interesting?
    What's this? You bothered to highlight my sig?You're very bored then, aren't you? Ha. Ha. Ha.

Beginner

Yeah, the avoid from Focus helps a lot, but its true that you only shove points in Focus because there's nowhere else to put them. That means you shouldn't max Focus unless you're in 2nd job and going FA-less as there are better things to put points in =]

Focus does help.

Eye of the Amazon doesn't help on maps such as Pig Beach, Slime Tree, Land of Wild Boar, etc etc etc.

Popular training spots are usually crowded with mobs, so Eye of the Amazon isn't really needed. I've yet to come across a training spot where Eye of the Amazon could play an important role.

Yeah, the avoid from Focus helps a lot, but its true that you only shove points in Focus because there's nowhere else to put them. That means you shouldn't max Focus unless you're in 2nd job and going FA-less as there are better things to put points in =]
    It's not true. Just because you dumped points into Focus doesn't mean it's true (or anyone for that matter). Who says you shouldn't max Focus? "Pros"? I really hate how people say certain skills suck/aren't on par/not as useful just because others say so.
    Hail Satan