Voters
23. You may not vote on this poll
  • Iron Arrow

19 82.61%
  • Power Knock-Back

4 17.39%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Iron Arrow vs. Power Knock-Back

IA rocks but PKB is super useful. Especially with used together. Push packs of pixies out of the way, then blast them all with IA. Move Golems on those small ledges. Thats my ledge Tobo! And Coolies, dont forget shoving the Coolies around. In addition, Mortal blow only procs when something is close enough to smack sooo you may blast it good with MB but you'll prolly just wack it. Unless you have it maxed, at which point you wont be letting anything get so close... Just cut to the chase and use PKB. Too useful 50-80. Just use ice shot or puppet and run back.

pkb>(fa+mb)

"Your opinion, please." Rocks my socks.
    6x Crossbowman

Listen here. This is a clean ship and I wont have it.

Relax Skip. Its mearly an herbal suppliment.

Gimmie. Gimmiegimmiegimmie!

Someone has probably said this already. But PKB is used for IA, but IA is not directly used for PKB. :P That should tell you to get IA first. :) Anway, you still don't want to get FA as a crossbowman unless you're willing to skip IA since it'll almost be useless with FA.

get ia before pkb

Lucida

Quote Originally Posted by playdnd
    IA rocks but PKB is super useful. Especially with used together. Push packs of pixies out of the way, then blast them all with IA. Move Golems on those small ledges. Thats my ledge Tobo! And Coolies, dont forget shoving the Coolies around. In addition, Mortal blow only procs when something is close enough to smack sooo you may blast it good with MB but you'll prolly just wack it. Unless you have it maxed, at which point you wont be letting anything get so close... Just cut to the chase and use PKB. Too useful 50-80. Just use ice shot or puppet and run back.

pkb>(fa+mb)

"Your opinion, please." Rocks my socks.

PKB cant KB vikings.

Mortal blow is 3rd job. by that time, u wont need PKB. coz the monsters use magic attacks. anyway, u can snipe. thats wat ranger/snipers were made for anyway. puppet will prevent u from getting scrwed up by the magic attack. so, PKB has no absolute use in 3rd job.

theres a skill called Arrow Rain/Eruption. no need for PKB when u can attack them for much higher dmg that has criticals.
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

Dont get FA. It will proc when you are trying to destroy everyting with IA, then the pack will overrun you, and you are swarmed and have to run around and try again. Even a few times is too much.
    6x Crossbowman

Listen here. This is a clean ship and I wont have it.

Relax Skip. Its mearly an herbal suppliment.

Gimmie. Gimmiegimmiegimmie!

Lucida

Quote Originally Posted by playdnd
    Dont get FA. It will proc when you are trying to destroy everyting with IA, then the pack will overrun you, and you are swarmed and have to run around and try again. Even a few times is too much.

IA is normally executed on a flat platform. FA will then hit the first monster in front of you. FA kills the monster. u can continue with IA. unless the mob is fast, u wont get overrun. if u do, then run and do backshots using IA. -.-
    Finally back at Maple. It's been so long...but absence didn't make the heart grow fonder.

I dunno why people claim FA is like the worst thing since AIDS. Seriously, from lvl 30 ~ 70 is a looooong time. 40 lvls. You skip out on free dmg just so you can max a skill that gets overrun a few levels after you get it? Mortal Blow and AE both wipe it off the map. By the same logic people state when they say "FA doesnt work on 3rd Job skills" PKB is useless when you get to 3rd job. You gain more out of maxing FA than maxing PKB.

Since Im in rant mode ...

[rant]

BTW Im tired of idiots coming up to me ingame spamming "ab sux use ds". Guides state DS has a higher top dmg. Thats a given. WHat it doesnt state is that:

1.) Knockback from AB buys space and time. making hunting much easier.
    2.) DS only has a 13% chance (assuming both dmg rolls are high) to outmuscle AB.

So please next time when you make a guide, please dont be biased to DS. Analyse both fairly.

[/rant]

Quote Originally Posted by Birbizas
    As you said - they both are good skills. And if you don't go to FA (which is absurd if you plan to use IA) then you will have enough SP to max both.

But of course, you should max IA first. This is best mobing skill for us xbowmans ( :lol: do we have another skill for mobing? ). Damage from maxed IA is avesome and you don't forget IA can stop mob. It is quite usefull on pixies map (to clear bottom), and on zombies. In fact, it is better to use IA, but not AB, when you can hit more that 2 monster in one shot ('coz my experience say: 3 IA shots = 6 AB )

PKB is second skill you should max. And that skill will NOT be REPLACED by Mortal Blow. Never ever. Mortal blow is PASSIVE skill that allows you instead xbow wacking to shot one arrow into ONE monster. And with luck - KO him. PKB is ACTIVE skill that alows to knock back up to SIX monsters (almost mobing skill). But that skill is mainly for support - just to make space for shooting. It is nice skill, but you will not use that skill very much.

Oh, one more. Some people said that PKB is no use on high level monsters. Yep, they are right. For best result monster should be like 10 levels below. But... Do you consider, that you will always will train (i mean common training, but not suicide missions) on lower level monsters? And one more, you will never will try to use PKB on monster that can kill you in 1 or 2 hits... Or will you? The same is for Mortal blow.
    I agree wid his experience of 3IA = 6AB ! Anyway its jus a fact.
    BTW add mastery den max IA! some stupid ppl go max IA first

Quote Originally Posted by Metalzoav2
    2.) DS only has a 13% chance (assuming both dmg rolls are high) to outmuscle AB.
    It's actually 16%
    마르디아
    -KoreanRejects - 5/10/07-

It doesn't matter whether you go AB or DS, you'll get one with whichever you choose.

FInally, someone who thinks Mortal Blow replaces PKB, and FA is not useless.
    Julliant - Lv130 Bow Master of Bootes