Page 3 of 17 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: New advertisement - Lewt.com! (Open discussion)

Most sites will pay other sites just to have their name on your site.

I'm wondering how you get it though. O_O

I'm playing WoW full time. LOLOLOLOL

Quote Originally Posted by Chesters
    I'm just wondering how ads work. I know ads are put up to pay for hosting websites and such, but how exactly do they get you money. Do people have to click on the ad, see the ad, or click on the ad and (in this case) buy mesos to earn you money? I've been wondering about this for awhile. o_o And I must feed my insatiable hunger for knowledge. :roll:
    It depends. The two graphic Maple-related ads pay a fixed amount monthly, while AdBrite pays based on clicks (so no, you don't have to buy the mesos, it's entirely up to you). Other ads pay by impression, or a mixture of clicks and impressions.

Oh, ok. Oh, and SilverChao, you probably just leave your character names and what times you are usually on to recieve the mesos or something. o-o

Quote Originally Posted by Chesters
    Oh, ok. Oh, and SilverChao, you probably just leave your character names and what times you are usually on to recieve the mesos or something. o-o
    So they have a guy come in the game and give you the mesos? That's very... odd.

I'm playing WoW full time. LOLOLOLOL

You know, I find it very interesting that a moderator is violating the ToS for this forum, and encouraging others to violate the ToS and EUA for AsiaSoft.

Illegal Activities

Posts that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. We take this very seriously, thus a permanent ban is imminent. This includes, but is not limited to:

* Asking/providing links to macro/botting/cracking/hacking programs
    * Methods of circumventing copyright protection (Cracks, No-CD Patches, CD Keys, mod chips)
    * Selling mesos/account for money
    * Trading items and/or mesos between varying servers
    Funny, according to the ToS page, selling mesos, or encouraging others to is something I would be banned for if I did it. Either update the ToS or enforce them, and if the moderators are exempt... well that's your own suicide. Unless someone is going to wimp out and deny the implication that since selling mesos is against the rules, that buying mesos is as well. :roll:

Mmmmmmm.... pyro

Aree :: 8x Fire Mage

Quote Originally Posted by Saigo
    I figured agreeing to place that ad would illicit response such as the topic creator's. But they do pay good money to offset server costs, and we simply can't rely on donations forever, as hypocritical as that sounds.

The ad is just that - an ad. Please don't use this as an excuse to go around the Free Market boards selling mesos/your account. =] Thanks.
    I'm not really the one you should be singling out here. >_> I don't make the decisions like who to advertise on the main page. I'm simply a slave. You should message Saigo if you have a problem with the ToS or something. I don't really feel like voicing my own opinion in this thread either. I don't want to start an arguement.. which is what it feels like it going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by Ari
    You know, I find it very interesting that a moderator is violating the ToS for this forum, and encouraging others to violate the ToS and EUA for AsiaSoft.

Illegal Activities

Posts that violate or incite others to violate the law are not allowed. We take this very seriously, thus a permanent ban is imminent. This includes, but is not limited to:

* Methods of circumventing copyright protection (Cracks, No-CD Patches, CD Keys, mod chips)
    Funny, according to the ToS page, selling mesos, or encouraging others to is something I would be banned for if I did it. Either update the ToS or enforce them, and if the moderators are exempt... well that's your own suicide. Unless someone is going to wimp out and deny the implication that since selling mesos is against the rules, that buying mesos is as well. :roll:
    Money for the site is essential. :f
    040707 you will always be my thunder.

Quote Originally Posted by Princess
    Quote Originally Posted by Ari

Illegal Activities

Money for the site is essential. :f
    Money, gooood :D Why don't you guys just do treasuretrooper XD

Toi. Petite Fille Laide.
    http://www.winterrowd.com/maze.swf
    Come play, it's fun ^^^

Well, for those who are still feel abit fishy about lewt.com, My friend and I are trying it out. So I'll let you know how it went down and how well the service is.
    -Zaeddyn
    Arnimane (Scania)
    Yarwen (Bera)